Free No More?

Of the upteen million football fans only like 5-7% actually watch the games live, in the stadium so it should't come as a suprise that the leagues and teams will want to capitalize from the TV.

As much of a fan as I am, with the current economic conditions I'm finding at the gas pump and grocery store I must confess. I'll be listening to my radio more. Sad but true.

I think these conferences better be careful what they do, especially with today's economy. Many people are paying enough for things that they need: shelter, food, and gas (it could be argued that gas is not a need, but I would argue that in America, it is). Prices don't appear to be decreasing anytime soon. People don't need TV, and they don't need to watch college football. Sure it's popular, but if there isn't money there to pay for these games, then it just isn't there, no matter how popular it may be.

i think it eventually ends up being an economic issue for each conferences' university......it is just a matter of when. pay per view is coming for all major sports teams, college and pro...and people will pay.

I think they need to put more of our North games on TV, Big 12 network or not. I think it would be great to have a network, and not make it pay per view but instead have sponsors so we have a recruiting edge. HEy masses of Texas kids, every Big 2 game is shown to everyone who has cable, so stay in the Big 12 and you will be seen and your parents can watch when they can't visit...

The purpose of the network is to support the league, PPV is not the only model... Nor maybe the best in the long run to help grow interest and help the teams...

I think these conferences better be careful what they do, especially with today's economy. Many people are paying enough for things that they need: shelter, food, and gas (it could be argued that gas is not a need, but I would argue that in America, it is). Prices don't appear to be decreasing anytime soon. People don't need TV, and they don't need to watch college football. Sure it's popular, but if there isn't money there to pay for these games, then it just isn't there, no matter how popular it may be.

:dunno

I dunno..Ticket prices are getting so that the average fan can only go to the Spring Scrimmage anyway.

THe majority of the fans that can go to games probably won't be as affected by Gas prices and will Tivo it on PPV while they're at the game.

Some conferences will be affected more than others..I don't think the Pac-10 sells out many games as it is..The SEC and the Big-12? probably rabid enough fans to keep things going..I just hope I won't be tempted to go to a Bar to watch us play Colorado and drive home possibly drunk like I did that one time.. <_<

I dunno..Ticket prices are getting so that the average fan can only go to the Spring Scrimmage anyway.

THe majority of the fans that can go to games probably won't be as affected by Gas prices and will Tivo it on PPV while they're at the game.

Some conferences will be affected more than others..I don't think the Pac-10 sells out many games as it is..The SEC and the Big-12? probably rabid enough fans to keep things going..I just hope I won't be tempted to go to a Bar to watch us play Colorado and drive home possibly drunk like I did that one time.. <_<

Well, if you didn't live in Arizona, I would come pick you up. Wait, we're talking about gameday? Nevermind...I will be drunk too.

I quit watching MLB when the players got greedy...guess I could do it with Div I College football too...and I will if I have to pay, what do they think selling commercials is? Thought it was supposed to be revenue so they could televise the games.

I would love to see a Big XII network just because I have a hard time getting the Huskers down here in Texas. But, I have no idea what the cost would lead to down the road. Here is my issue, the NCAA gets 6 billion for the NCAA tourney. Ok fine, it's a business, but don't bitch and moan when an athlete gets a free pair of sneakers. I am getting off track....sorry.