SIGNED: QB Cody Green

Howdy guys. First off, let me introduce myself by saying I am a Texas A&M graduate but have been a lifelong Husker fan due to the long lines of ties I have to the university. Both my parents are NU grads and almost my entire extended family resides in Big Red country. I love both universities very much. I'll also add that some of the best times of my life revolved around watching Tommie, Brook, Frost and the like during the early to late 90's. I miss those times. Hopefully they return soon. I feel confident Mr. Pelini will get it done.

I just wanted to get that out of the way so you guys don't take me as a troll or anything.

With regards to Cody Green...

To me, it seems one of us (Nebraska or Texas A&M) is getting some wool pulled over our eyes in some sort of way. There has to be wrong information going around on one of the sides.

From reading the posts on here, many feel Cody Green is "N". In Aggieland, most people feel he is still ours and not worried about it in the least bit.

One of the posters here said we might be recruiting him as an athlete. This goes against everything I have heard. We are definately recruiting him as a QB.

Either way, this is one recruit I'll be happy with no matter who he chooses.

Go Big Red and Gig 'em Ags!

Well rumors are making it look pretty good for your school right now.

I really hope I am wrong.

If I had to make a prediction though, it seems as though it will be Texas A&M. Just going by what I've heard.

Guy on rivals posted that he ran into Cody and his mom along with two of his coaches at the airport. Basically long story short, he said Cody wouldn't stop talking and praising Nebraska, nor could his mom for tha tmatter. Said the coaches were wearing NU hats at the time too. Most importantly, he said he wasn't picking the kids brains, but rather Cody came out talking about all this.

FWIW

i am going to say NU based on what I have heard :P

Haha. Hey landlord, ya know, it wouldn't surprise me. Just when you think you know what's going to happen BOOM, a kid does a 180 on ya.

I'm just going on a source that is very RARELY wrong. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

Alls I know is I'm going to be happy either way. Cody is extremely talented and will no doubt help the Ags or 'Skers reach some great heights.

With regards to Cody's quotes about Nebraska...it doesn't surprise me that he came away impressed. If you're a football player and can't get impressed by what NU has to offer then well, you probably shouldn't be playing football. The only place I can even compare to NU as far as atmosphere goes is my alma mater, Texas A&M. The two best fan bases in the country bar none. While we definately don't share the same football success as Nebraska, the atmosphere and fans make Texas A&M a very special place to be on Saturdays and the folks on here that have made the journey to College Station will no doubt attest to that.

I'll say one thing though. I don't really buy into quotes that much. Kids come away from campuses all the time blown away. Especially when they go to NU. A&M is the same way. Kids come and get blown away by the atmosphere of Kyle Field.

Another thing I'll say is Cody said pretty much the same thing about A&M as he did about Nebraska. Cody has also been to College Station a number of times dating all the way back to his sophomore season.

Until a kid says someone is their leader, I take it all with a grain of salt.

I have heard that the race is close but if it all ended today, A&M would be it. I think A&M weathered the storm by having Cody come away from Nebraska uncommitted and giving him more time to think and compare the two schools.

It looks like he is a goner.

I wouldn't exactly say he's a goner just yet, hskrnokc. As you know the recruiting game is a funny thing.

IMO it doesn't look great for the Huskers as of right now but I don't think it looks all that bad either. Afterall, he did come away very impressed by NU. Quite honestly, I am impressed NU made the impression on him that it did. For the longest time (dating back to last year) it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Texas A&M would be the only place for Cody Green.

It will definately be bitter sweet for me no matter who he chooses. And if he chooses A&M, I'm really pulling for Mossakowski to pull the trigger with the 'skers.

I wish yall the best with recruiting. I can't wait for the Huskers to be back in the running for a national title again and it starts with recruiting.

:restore and Gig 'em Aggies

Cody has kept EVERYONE guessing throughout his entire recruitment. Kid could have a favorite today, wake up tomorrow and be decided on another. Really, I think he has a hard time just saying 'no' to either school and their coaches.

Anyone saying they REALLY know where Cody will be going or even who he is favoring are completely full of it. It doesn't matter if they are from the Husker side or Aggie side saying it either.

Thanks BigRedIowan! It's great to be here. I'll definately be around alot.

In case you didn't know though, Cody Green is a December graduate and will be availiable to TAMU or NU for spring drills. So technically, signing day is moot for him. Also, all signs are pointing to him making a decision in the next week.

If I had to make a prediction though, it seems as though it will be Texas A&M. Just going by what I've heard. He wants his family to see him play and Dayton is not too far from College Station. Not to mention he wants to study Ag. It just seems like the perfect fit.

Like I said, I'll be happy either way.

after the freemen incident(december grad who was enrolled then sent a text message to fhcbc saying he was going to KSU we are a little...skittish)