SIGNED: QB Cody Green

AM is nor recruiting him to be a QB....They have many other holes such as WR and DB.

To AM he is an athlete and nothing more.

Alot of truth in this.

You guys are foolish if you think we are looking at Green as simply an athlete. Outside of Jerrod Johnson we have NOBODY at QB.

Never use the word 'fool' or the term 'foolish' when trying to convey a point.

Also, I wouldn't come onto another teams message board with an attitude like that when we are telling you things you obviously have not heard. Just because you do not know or do not agree is no reason to start in with name calling.

In any case ..

But your own QB depth chart shows two freshman at the 3rd and 4th QB spots in Tannehill and Dorman. Unless you are going to completely right off a QB from last years class ('07) in Dorman and a QB for the year before in Tannehill.

Also, I think you need to ask your insiders to call their 'sources' to get the idea of how your school views Green. He will get a shot at QB -- and it will last as long as Jorvorskie Lane's last diet.

we need a qb and at least 2 talented tight ends.....plus the wide outs.

we are seriosuly short of these weapons.....seriously.

Yep, AM can play the waiting game on QB if they want...they are set for the next 3 years or so they could plug him in at a diff pos and get an immediate play maker right away.

While if he came to Nebraska he can play QB and possibly start as a freshman.

It would be nice to have a 4 year starter for a change. :thumbs

Yep, AM can play the waiting game on QB if they want...they are set for the next 3 years or so they could plug him in at a diff pos and get an immediate play maker right away.

Herbie, NU has the exact same situation as A&M does with regards to QB. Quite frankly, I feel NU's QB situation is better than A&M's right now.

Ganz will start this year followed by Lee for the next two years. Just like McGee will start for the Aggies this year with Jerrod Johnson for the two after that.

Did you even think of that?

And I don't think I would mind a guy like Cody Green playing a Bobby Newcombe type roll where he can play more than one position including QB.

Personally, I would like to get him on the field ASAP either at QB or WR. And if it's not QB, he can play a little WR while he is waiting his turn at QB.

His chances of starting at NU as a freshman are no better than they are at A&M.

Plus, who really wants a kid to come in a start from day 1 anyway? You want a kid to know the system before he starts getting alot of live snaps.

AM is nor recruiting him to be a QB....They have many other holes such as WR and DB.

Alot of truth in this.

You guys are foolish if you think we are looking at Green as simply an athlete. Outside of Jerrod Johnson we have NOBODY at QB.

Also, I wouldn't come onto another teams message board with an attitude like that when we are telling you things you obviously have not heard. Just because you do not know or do not agree is no reason to start in with name calling.

In any case ..

But your own QB depth chart shows two freshman at the 3rd and 4th QB spots in Tannehill and Dorman. Unless you are going to completely right off a QB from last years class ('07) in Dorman and a QB for the year before in Tannehill.

Also, I think you need to ask your insiders to call their 'sources' to get the idea of how your school views Green. He will get a shot at QB -- and it will last as long as Jorvorskie Lane's last diet.

seems like most young highly touted qb's today want to go someplace where they can play early and play often. And if he is your typical qb then he wants a shot as a freshman and Nebraska is his best shot.

It would be nice to have a 4 year starter for a change. :thumbs

Wrong.

Zac Lee is not that good he is another average qb.

If cody comes here he has a very good shot at taking down Lee who by the way wont even be the back up this year...it will be Pat Witt who is also just average.

If green comes here he can dethrone either one of them.

Alot of truth in this.

In any case ..

I can use the word foolish when the remarks made are completely unsubstantiated. The poster was making an inference that Green was being recruited as an athlete when that is completely not the case. QB first, athlete 2nd.

I actually have recieved a pretty warm welcome on this board due to the fact I'm giving an outsiders perspective on things. I haven't come across as "rude" (as you call it). I refuted a false statement from one of your Husker counterparts. Far from rude.

With regards to Dorman and Tannehill, those guys COULD turn out to be studs. I, however, am not betting on that. They weren't highly touted like Green is. It would be a different situation had they been highly touted. Then, it would be foolish for Green to come to A&M.

Fact is, he would be coming to A&M as a QB. If that didn't pan out, he would be stuck at WR. Just like he would be at Nebraska if QB didn't pan out there.

Anyways, sorry if I did come across as rude. It wasn't my intention.

Wrong.

Zac Lee is not that good he is another average qb.

If cody comes here he has a very good shot at taking down Lee who by the way wont even be the back up this year...it will be Pat Witt who is also just average.

If green comes here he can dethrone either one of them.

Hm, just like Harrison Beck showed up everyone, huh? All-world recruits don't always become all-world players. Now, of course, he may and I certainly hope he lives up to the hype. But that's just that right now, hype. And I really hope that Bo & co's recruiting practices don't revolve around "we promise you a starting spot," but more of a "you'll have to earn it."

I'm not a guy who's in the know, but from what I've heard on these boards, he'll have plenty of learning to do against Witt and Lee, who you say are average, but will have years of experience in the system ahead of him. I really doubt - and someone correct me if I'm making some erroneous assumptions - that Green would be able to come in here and not redshirt.

With regards to Dorman and Tannehill, those guys COULD turn out to be studs. I, however, am not betting on that. They weren't highly touted like Green is. It would be a different situation had they been highly touted. Then, it would be foolish for Green to come to A&M.

Tommy Dorman was a 4* and the 8th ranked QB in his class, according to Scout.

Link:

http://tamu.scout.com/a.z?s=187&p=8&am...amp;nid=2999337

Man it got quiet in here fast.................

A little too quiet.....

Nah actually. In regards to the last 15 or so posts arguing who is a more desirable school for Cody.... I think the decision is tough. In terms of QB situation most rational people can see they are both pretty equal situations. one advantage that goes to NU is the fact that we are trying to get to a more spread offense with mobile QB.

MY OPINION >>>> note the caps... I think cody likes NU a little bit better, and would like to play here. BUT it's close, and the fact that A&M is so close they tip the scale. I'm not sure he is putting as much into the QB situation as some of us have been speculating.