SIGNED: QB Cody Green

Man it got quiet in here fast.................

A little too quiet.....

Nah actually. In regards to the last 15 or so posts arguing who is a more desirable school for Cody.... I think the decision is tough. In terms of QB situation most rational people can see they are both pretty equal situations. one advantage that goes to NU is the fact that we are trying to get to a more spread offense with mobile QB.

MY OPINION >>>> note the caps... I think cody likes NU a little bit better, and would like to play here. BUT it's close, and the fact that A&M is so close they tip the scale. I'm not sure he is putting as much into the QB situation as some of us have been speculating.

Sorry for the quietness guys...I do have a life outside of message boards haha :lol:

Like you said, it's definately possible he might like NU over A&M more but the advantages of A&M might outweigh NU for him in his case. Who knows at this point.

I'm just ready to get this thing over with. I think what might end up happening is we'll get Green and yall will get Mossakowski or vice versa. At least I hope. Mossakowski would be great for the Huskers as well. The one drawback with him is he could choose baseball over football since he is projected to be a high draft pick next season.

Anyways...go big red and gig em

If Coach Ekeler manages to pull this one out at the end for us, every damm Husker fan across the country should donate to give him a raise already.

Whether he is a quality coach remains to be seen, but the dude is a complete stud of a recruiter. Actually, that might be an understatement.

LH on rss says 100% green will be N

Ya, the prognosis on this kid switches like a mofo. Every other day the boards are run amok with new dope about where Green is heading. Hope this latest "inside" dope turns out to be the real deal.

Geez I hope we do get him(or Mossakowski/Scheelhaase/Forcier would be good too). A difference-maker at qb would go far in getting us over the hump back to national power status in a few years. Plus a bigtime qb could get some heads turned and the ball rolling on our recruiting. I think we'll turn heads this season and create some excitement among recruits that should really help us. But it seems more kids are committing during the Spring and Summer nowadays. Anything that could help us get those early-deciders looking at us more would be good.

If Coach Ekeler manages to pull this one out at the end for us, every damm Husker fan across the country should donate to give him a raise already.

Whether he is a quality coach remains to be seen, but the dude is a complete stud of a recruiter. Actually, that might be an understatement.

whos on the what now says hes N

Wrong.

Zac Lee is not that good he is another average qb.

If cody comes here he has a very good shot at taking down Lee who by the way wont even be the back up this year...it will be Pat Witt who is also just average.

If green comes here he can dethrone either one of them.

WRONG! Zac Lee is a tremendous QB with exceptional mechanics, from what i'm hearing he still needs to learn the system...

Lee will be the back up, and you were right about Witt being an average QB

and you were half right about Green...who would be nice to get but i wouldn't mind getting Scheelhaase over Green.

WRONG! Zac Lee is a tremendous QB with exceptional mechanics, from what i'm hearing he still needs to learn the system...

Lee will be the back up, and you were right about Witt being an average QB

and you were half right about Green...who would be nice to get but i wouldn't mind getting Scheelhaase over Green.

Pretty much spot on about Lee. Kid is easily the most talented QB we have as far as running and throwing combined. He just struggles mentally.

And not me when it comes to Scheelhaase and Green. Easily would take Green everyday of the week over Nate. Guy has ALOT to work on when it comes to throwing mechanics such as getting his feet set, body turn, stepping into throws, among other things. Guy gets bye with it right now, but he won't on the next level.

IIRC, Rivals said after watching him at the Junior Army AA combine in San Antonio this past January that there was little doubt his future was at the WR or DB positions.

Either the Husker or Aggie sources are going to have some serious egg on their faces when he finally "commits".

:yeah

Makes me think there is something very odd going on here. Is Green purposely leading each side on or he is not comunicating very well with the rivals peps or something else?

Personally i think he's on the fence, and will probably end up committing to the program that's only two hourse from his parents.

But the whole thing seems strange to me.

Either the Husker or Aggie sources are going to have some serious egg on their faces when he finally "commits".

Makes me think there is something very odd going on here. Is Green purposely leading each side on or he is not comunicating very well with the rivals peps or something else?

Personally i think he's on the fence, and will probably end up committing to the program that's only two hourse from his parents.

Anyone have any idea when a decision is supposed to be announced? I think we'll have some of you going into cardiac arrest if he decides to wait another month. :lol:

IMO, I doubt Cody Green is spewing off rumors to both sides. Honestly, I feel one side or the other is just interpreting info wrong and they are trying to be the first to break the "big news".

Cody really doesn't seem like a kid who is about misleading folks. I've gotten to know quite a bit about him since A&M has been on him for the past year and a half. He's just a good ol' east Texas boy. He said a while back that he wanted to make his decision before his senior season so he could concentrate on his team. That doesn't sound like a kid who likes to give people the run-around.

Nebraska has given him alot to think about. I think he's just torn now. I know he really likes both schools.

Anyone have any idea when a decision is supposed to be announced? I think we'll have some of you going into cardiac arrest if he decides to wait another month. :lol:

It's anyone's guess now. For the LONGEST time, it was supposed to be by the end of June. Well, it's July 1.

IMO, I doubt Cody Green is spewing off rumors to both sides. Honestly, I feel one side or the other is just interpreting info wrong and they are trying to be the first to break the "big news".

It's a possibility, but like you said, at this point one side is going to have egg on their face. You’d think the people who work for the recruiting services would know better. Also, if it were in the character of rivals people for A&M or NU, then you’d think situations like this would happen quite often for whichever school these guys work with.

Cody really doesn't seem like a kid who is about misleading folks. I've gotten to know quite a bit about him since A&M has been on him for the past year and a half. He's just a good ol' east Texas boy. He said a while back that he wanted to make his decision before his senior season so he could concentrate on his team. That doesn't sound like a kid who likes to give people the run-around.

I think we have to be honest and admit we really don’t know any of these kids that well. We’d all like to believe they are all good kids, but in truth all we get is what they sell us through the media. We are never getting the full picture.

LH on rss says 100% green will be N

Actually, LH is saying "100% code green." I can only read the title, of course, but that's different from saying Green is N. I don't know what he could mean, maybe a spoof off of "code red"...I wouldn't put much hope into that thread title.