SIGNED: QB Cody Green

I know someone who works for Rivals and he said ignore the internet rumors. It is still about 60-40 Nebraska.

He is just going to have to decide if he wants to play QB at Nebraska or go to AM and play a different spot on the field.

First off, Just curious but what rivals site are you referring to? The A&M rivals site says otherwise. Not to mention the rest of my sources.

Second of all, I'm sorry but the "playing a different position at A&M" statement is plain false.

The depth chart at Texas A&M for when Cody would step on campus at A&M would be as follows (so fall '09):

-Current starter Stephen McGee will have graduated.

-Starter: 6'6'' 230lb dual threat RS Junior Jerrod Johnson would likely be the starter.

-2nd string and below would comprise of 2 other guys (none near Cody's calibur)

-RS Junior Ryan Tannehill (more of a drop back guy)

-RS Frosh Tommy Dorman (dual threat)

The rest of the QB's on campus are walk-ons.

In all likelihood, Cody would redshirt his freshman year like most QB's to learn the system.

This would make Cody's RS Freshman year, Jerrod Johnson's senior year.

Cody would come into A&M and be almost guaranteed to start 3 years and maybe some his RS freshman year.

The thing is, Jerrod Johnson is a freak athlete (was a two-sport signee with A&M; hoops and football) and could easily be converted to a WR. Cody could, in theory, compete for the job right away and worst case scenario, still be a three year starter for the Ags.

While that may be true, it all depends on how the A&M coaches are recruiting him. I'd be surprised if they weren't recruiting him for QB, however. I know NU is definitely recruiting him as QB - what do your sources say about how A&M is recruiting him?

By the way, thanks for all the very useful insight, Texas Aggie! Very helpful. Hope you stick around for a while.

While that may be true, it all depends on how the A&M coaches are recruiting him. I'd be surprised if they weren't recruiting him for QB, however. I know NU is definitely recruiting him as QB - what do your sources say about how A&M is recruiting him?

By the way, thanks for all the very useful insight, Texas Aggie! Very helpful. Hope you stick around for a while.

Both schools are recruiting him as a QB first and foremost, and you can bet both schools will move him to a WR if he doesn't pan out there.

The reason I know we are putting stock in him as a QB is simple. Just look at the offers. Oddly enough, our offer list at QB looks almost identical.

Our first QB we put all our eggs in was for Russell Shepard. Vince Young reincarnated from Houston who committed to LSU months back. We were second in the running for him.

The one drop-back QB we have been recruiting is Ryan Mossakowski (Frisco, Texas)

The others are dual threat guys:

-Cody Green (TX)

-Tyrik Rollison (TX)

-Tate Forcier (CA)

Also, of all the QB's I have mentioned, we have recruited Green the hardest. Not to mention the fact he has had a schollie offer MUCH LONGER than any of the other guys on our board. Fran was recruiting Cody really hard and when Coach Sherman came under the helm, he picked up right where Fran left off.

To give you another example of how fondly we thought of Green, Ryan Mossakowski came and visited Aggieland a few months back and wasn't even offered on the spot. The offer didn't come for several days. You'd think if we were recruiting other guys harder, guys like Moss would have recieved an offer upon entering Sherman's office.

Both schools are recruiting him as a QB first and foremost, and you can bet both schools will move him to a WR if he doesn't pan out there.

The reason I know we are putting stock in him as a QB is simple. Just look at the offers. Oddly enough, our offer list at QB looks almost identical.

Our first QB we put all our eggs in was for Russell Shepard. Vince Young reincarnated from Houston who committed to LSU months back. We were second in the running for him.

The one drop-back QB we have been recruiting is Ryan Mossakowski (Frisco, Texas)

The others are dual threat guys:

-Cody Green (TX)

-Tyrik Rollison (TX)

-Tate Forcier (CA)

Also, of all the QB's I have mentioned, we have recruited Green the hardest. Not to mention the fact he has had a schollie offer MUCH LONGER than any of the other guys on our board. Fran was recruiting Cody really hard and when Coach Sherman came under the helm, he picked up right where Fran left off.

To give you another example of how fondly we thought of Green, Ryan Mossakowski came and visited Aggieland a few months back and wasn't even offered on the spot. The offer didn't come for several days. You'd think if we were recruiting other guys harder, guys like Moss would have recieved an offer upon entering Sherman's office.

Another reason is this that is one of the deepest years, if not THE, deepest year for quarterbacks in Texas history and we passed up on ALOT of them.

From what i have heard Texas AM will not use him as a QB when it comes down to it.

Jerrod Johnson is going to get the starting job after McGee is gone so that is two years down on the bench then after that look for Ryan Tannehill to take over the job.

If Green wants to be QB at AM he would have to wait till Junior year to try and beat out Tannehill or wait till senior year and get 1 year as a qb.

Texas AM will prob move him to WR to help them shore up a weak WR corps.

From what i have heard Texas AM will not use him as a QB when it comes down to it.

Jerrod Johnson is going to get the starting job after McGee is gone so that is two years down on the bench then after that look for Ryan Tannehill to take over the job.

If Green wants to be QB at AM he would have to wait till Junior year to try and beat out Tannehill or wait till senior year and get 1 year as a qb.

Texas AM will prob move him to WR to help them shore up a weak WR corps.

Herbie, did you read any of my post regarding the depth chart?

Cody would likely redshirt freshman year which would be Jerrod Johnson's junior year.

He would then likely sit out his RS freshman year for Jerrod Johnson's senior year.

That would leave him three years to start.

Besides, Johnson is not exactly proven at QB either. Great athlete yes. Proven QB, far from it. Cody could beat him out.

The situation at A&M is no different than it is at NU with Zach Lee there.

AM is nor recruiting him to be a QB....They have many other holes such as WR and DB.

To AM he is an athlete and nothing more.

You make it sound like NU is "Wide Reciever U". :dunno

Besides, we are filling those holes. Currently we have 4-5 guys committed who project to be WR's and DB's. Not to mention a few more expected to come on board shorty. Most notably, Uzoma Nwachukwu, a 4* WR from Allen, Texas who we lead for.

AM is nor recruiting him to be a QB....They have many other holes such as WR and DB.

To AM he is an athlete and nothing more.

You make it sound like NU is "Wide Reciever U". :dunno

Besides, we are filling those holes. Currently we have 4-5 guys committed who project to be WR's and DB's. Not to mention a few more expected to come on board shorty. Most notably, Uzoma Nwachukwu, a 4* WR from Allen, Texas who we lead for.

We are not WR U but we have a few decent WR but we need a good solid QB which green can fill.

We also need a WR and DB but QB is a tad more important right now.

Do we really need a good solid QB?

I mean, it's good to get one for every class, and we have no one as heralded as Green on the roster, given our recent, ahem, failures with high-profile QB commits.

But we do have Zach Lee - the best JUCO QB of his year, wasn't he? And Patrick Witt, who some believe to be the best QB on our roster, period.

we need a qb and at least 2 talented tight ends.....plus the wide outs.

we are seriosuly short of these weapons.....seriously.

Yep, AM can play the waiting game on QB if they want...they are set for the next 3 years or so they could plug him in at a diff pos and get an immediate play maker right away.

While if he came to Nebraska he can play QB and possibly start as a freshman.