QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Yes, he was on 590 AM at 4:30 and stated he would not take his visit due to the fact it was upsetting so many Husker fans. He wanted to cancel it to prove to everyone he is 100% commited to becoming a Husker in January.

That wouldn't have been the reason I cancelled it, but hey. Alright.

I know we have to be careful with this kid but i think that we jumped all over the what if's first...this kid is 100% sure he's coming here...why not let him go and watch his friend play ball... he doesn't have to buy into the sooner magic... let the kid go have a good weekend with his parents and watch his buddy play... :D...i wouldn't put it past stoops to try some bull @#$ though...I still think we jumped on him a little hard about this

Yes his mother confirmed that on Sunday or Monday. She said that they told OU officals that Josh was committed to NU and that he was enrolling in January but if they wanted to waste their money and fly them down there so Josh could watch a game then go ahead.

Josh decided not to attend the game because he didnt want any of the coaching staff to get the wrong signal from it.

Hey if I am a high school senior and colleges all over the country want to fly me in after I have decided to go to a different school I would do it. That is just 1 less Official visit for that school and might hurt thier recruiting.

Anything to get the edge on the compitition.

Hey if I am a high school senior and colleges all over the country want to fly me in after I have decided to go to a different school I would do it.

I would too. I mean, why not? If anything, I would have called the coaches and told them that I am still coming to NU to ease any doubt. Then I would have a good time on ole OU.

Hey if I am a high school senior and colleges all over the country want to fly me in after I have decided to go to a different school I would do it.

I would too. I mean, why not? If anything, I would have called the coaches and told them that I am still coming to NU to ease any doubt. Then I would have a good time on ole OU.

Exactly.

I think what made everyone so uneasy was the fact that he stated that he had not told the staff about the trip. It would have had a different impact if he would have done what you stated Dave.

Yes his mother confirmed that on Sunday or Monday. She said that they told OU officals that Josh was committed to NU and that he was enrolling in January but if they wanted to waste their money and fly them down there so Josh could watch a game then go ahead.

Josh decided not to attend the game because he didnt want any of the coaching staff to get the wrong signal from it.

Hey if I am a high school senior and colleges all over the country want to fly me in after I have decided to go to a different school I would do it. That is just 1 less Official visit for that school and might hurt thier recruiting.

Anything to get the edge on the compitition.

Gotta agree with you completly. They pamper those recruits to death.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone else thinking Freeman may pull the trigger to another school right at the last minute? I am just having this strange feeling it's like a Emmitt Smith thing all over again. God I hope I am wrong!

I have a hard time believing that he will commit other to another school. It seems like he has been at NU for alot of the home games, and that he has helped "recruit" some other athletes.

But he was seen wearing a "Mizzou" shirt at the NU-MU game....... ;)