QB Josh Freeman

Benard

Does anyone else thinking Freeman may pull the trigger to another school right at the last minute?  I am just having this strange feeling it's like a Emmitt Smith thing all over again.  God I hope I am wrong!

I have a hard time believing that he will commit other to another school. It seems like he has been at NU for alot of the home games, and that he has helped "recruit" some other athletes.

But he was seen wearing a "Mizzou" shirt at the NU-MU game....... ;)

Yeah good point!

Does anyone else thinking Freeman may pull the trigger to another school right at the last minute? I am just having this strange feeling it's like a Emmitt Smith thing all over again. God I hope I am wrong!

Recruits can be fickle, however considering the kid cancelled is OU trip because people were flipping out about it I think he'll be a Husker come February.

I don't think there's anything to worry about. I read a report that TE Mike McNeil was at the NU-CU game with a friend, and while he was there Mike and Josh were on the phone the entire time talking about the Huskers, and Josh was trying to convince Mike's buddy (who I believe is a MU commit, not sure, don't even know the kid's name) to come to NU. I think Freeman is about as solid as a commit can be.

hello, freeman is 1 of 6 qb's to be selected for the army all-amer game, & the lone UN verbal

the other qb's are frazer & jones who are nd verbals, snead who is a tx verbal, mustain who is an ark verbal (if there is a school who should be nervous about losing a qb verbal to another school it would be ark - since the u of mia is trying very hard to pry him away), & tebow is the lone qb prospect who has yet to verbal, yet he is a fl lean, but does have a visit set for usc, later.

there are 9 other selected players (other than freeman) who will be in this game who have visited UN over the course of the yr: johnson (unofficial visit - verballed to fl), mouton (will visit usc 12/02, & will probably decide b/w lsu & usc), bradbury (will visit usc 12/02 & ucla 12/16, & will probably decide b/w those two schools), cox (will visit lsu 12/11, & will probably decide b/w ok & lsu), roark (camped at UN this summer, & committed to ok), ross (who is high on or, az, & ca), ausberry (will visit usc on 12/02, & probably will commit there), reuland (unofficial visit - likes 5 schools), & wallace (who UN has the best shot at, but has an upcoming visit set for u of mia)

p.s. hoyamannn, the wr who was at the co game w/ mcneil was maclin (from kirkwood, mo & teammates w/ mcneil), who is a soft verbal to ok, & who now is slightly interested in UN, & may set an upcoming visit to UN

p.s. hoyamannn, the wr who was at the co game w/ mcneil was maclin (from kirkwood, mo & teammates w/ mcneil), who is a soft verbal to ok, & who now is slightly interested in UN, & may set an upcoming visit to UN

for those debating if the CU win will have a positive effect on recruiting, if this is in fact the case, this is proof positive that there was an impact...regardless if it pans out, it bolstered a recruits interest level.

I wouldn't expect to much out of Jeremy Maclin. He is a soft commit to Oklahoma and the only reason he is being list as a soft commit is because he took a visit to Colorado. OU let him take that visit because they see CU as no threat to them. Now on the the other hand, if Maclin comes up and says "i think i want to visit NU" to the OU coaches, all hell will break loose.

None the less, i wouldn't count on a visit from him

Freeman wins Simone Award

Grandview QB is this season’s top high school player

By BOB LUDER

The Kansas City Star

Josh Freeman found himself sitting in a room Tuesday morning at Grandview High School with a baseball scout, who was trying to convince Freeman that football wasn’t his future.

He was then told he would be making a trip to Olathe East, where he’d be one of the finalists for the 23rd annual Thomas A. Simone Memorial Award, which honors the Kansas City area’s top high school football player.

But it wasn’t long before Freeman, a 6-foot-6, 235-pound quarterback who just wrapped up his senior season at Grandview, suspected the Simone Award trophy might be sitting somewhere else.

“After a little while, I started noticing that the school was all spiffed up,” said Freeman, who completed 151 of 286 passes for 2,622 yards and 33 touchdowns this season. “I started seeing a lot of people coming in. When I started hearing the crowd cheering, I said, ‘Whoa.’ ”

When Freeman finally set foot in the Grandview gymnasium a little after 9:30 a.m., his suspicions were confirmed. The Simone Award trophy was his, and it will sit in his high school for the upcoming year, with his name engraved on it forever.

“This means a lot,” Freeman said. “It’s probably the peak of my high school career.”

A banner unfurled on the south wall of Grandview’s gym proclaimed Freeman the Simone Award winner. It hangs alongside another commemorating 1984 Simone winner Shawn Long, another Grandview quarterback who was a guest speaker at Tuesday’s ceremony.

Several Chiefs players or former players, including Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson and Bobby Bell, were presenters. And the spotlight guest of the day was NFL Hall of Fame linebacker Dick Butkus, who presented Freeman the Simone trophy.

“I watch the NFL Channel all the time,” Freeman said. “(Receiving the award from Butkus) was a big deal.”

It also was a banner day for Lee’s Summit West. Senior linebacker Sean Whiters won the Bobby Bell Award for outstanding small-class defensive player, while senior back La’Darrian Page received the Frank Fontana Award as outstanding small-class player. Jeff Julian, a senior linebacker at Blue Springs South, received the Buck Buchanan Memorial Award as most outstanding large-class defensive player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reach Bob Luder, sports reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4877 or send e-mail to bluder@kcstar.com

988457473_USARMYBOWL.GIF

Missouri

Josh Freeman Selected

As 2006 U.S. Army All-

American

National Selection Team Zeroes

In On One Of Nation’s Elite Prospects

GRANDVIEW, Mo. (November 29, 2005) --- Recognized as one of the top football players in the nation, Josh Freeman of Grandview, Mo. has been named a 2006 U.S. Army All-American. Freeman will join a stand-out list of athletes playing in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday, January 7, 2006 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

The classic East vs. West match-up will be played and televised live on NBC January 7th at 12:00 p.m. (CST) and will feature the top 78 prep football student-athletes in the country.

"It is a great pleasure to have this fine young man selected to represent his school and community as a U.S. Army All-American," said Colonel Thomas Nickerson, Director of Strategic Outreach for the U.S. Army Accessions Command. "He has proven himself to be a superior athlete who, like our Soldiers, takes pride in making a difference and turning in outstanding performances.

“Our slogan, 'An Army of One,' recognizes the strength of the individual in achieving team goals. Josh demonstrates how football, like the Army, makes you a stronger person not just for today, but into the future. A national audience will see this when he takes the field in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl," said Col. Nickerson.

Freeman is a standout quarterback at Grandview High School and was one of 400 players nominated nationally and one of 78 selected to participate by the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Committee consisting of Scout.com, the web’s largest independent sports network and Tom Lemming, one of the nation’s most respected recruiting experts.

“Josh has deceptive quickness and speed. Defenders underestimate what he can do on the run. He reacts well under pressure and great leader on the field,” according to Scout.com.

“Josh understands the game, shows good toughness in the pocket and is not afraid to lower his shoulder and run through potential tacklers,” says Lemming. “He moves fluidly and does a good job of buying time until his receivers come open.”

Freeman was also considered for the PARADE All-America High School Player of the Year honoring the nation’s best prep football player at the 2006 U.S. Army All-American Awards Dinner on January 6, 2006 in San Antonio. The PARADE Player of the Year is high school football’s equivalent to the Heisman Trophy. The winner will receive a trophy fashioned in the likeness of high school’s all-time leading rusher Ken “The Sugar Land Express” Hall of Sugar Land, Texas. The 16 official nominees have been announced and are posted on AllAmericanGames.com.

Also given out at the U.S. Army All-American Awards Dinner will be the Walter Payton Trophy. This award will be bestowed upon the nation’s fastest, strongest and most dedicated high school football player. The trophy presented to the winner is set in the likeness of the Hall of Famer and NFL Great.

The winning team of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl will receive the Herman Boone Trophy named after the legendary Virginia high school football coach who was immortalized in the Disney feature film, Remember the Titans. The game MVP will receive the Pete Dawkins MVP Trophy, named after 1958 Heisman Trophy winner, Brigadier General (retired) Pete Dawkins.

Link

Just heard that Josh Freeman will have an in-home visit from the new head coach at Kansas State. Word is that his dad set it up. He also took an official visit to Missouri this past weekend. So should we be worried? I don't think we should. He plans to graduate in December and be in Lincoln for the first day of classes next semester. He already has his dorm picked out. But on the other hand, he is just a kid and could change his mind in a heartbeat. Whatever happens, I wish Josh the best of luck in his career, but I am pretty sure he will be a husker. No one will show you more love that the Husker fans. What do you guys think about it? I am not trying to cause a message board freak out, so don't start going off.