ESPN's Top 25 for 2008....

Preseason polls are worthless and should be outlawed. Or at the very least, the writer/media hack should be severely punished and fined when their pre-season poll proves to be yet another in a long list of worthless crap.

I say we hold them all down and drive little nails underneath their fingernails. I hate pre-season polls because they mean absolutely nothing.

Preseason polls are worthless and should be outlawed. Or at the very least, the writer/media hack should be severely punished and fined when their pre-season poll proves to be yet another in a long list of worthless crap.

I say we hold them all down and drive little nails underneath their fingernails. I hate pre-season polls because they mean absolutely nothing.

I thinking more along the lines of making them go on a date with my ex wife

If you read around, that is pretty common. Seems about half the experts think that because ND won their last two games (vs Duke and Stanford) that it will somehow carry over into big things this season. I call BS, and think they will be lucky to finish 6-6. I have even seen a couple previews that whatever moron was doing the writing, had ND in a BCS at large game.

ND being over rated, what else is new?

After seeing that list you guys have issues with Notre Dame. Wtf is Pitt doing in the top 25? They are coached by arguably the most incompetent HC of all time. I'm somewhat surprised Mizzou is behind TT, Clemson, and West Virginia. I'm also a little surprised BYU made their debut at #13. I will say that it's quite impressive having nearly 50% of the Big 12 teams in the preseason top 25.

I dont have that big an issue with Wake. 9-4 last year, and won the ACC the year before.

Pitt is a joke being on there also. I dont care if they upset WVU. Stanford upsetting USC doesnt mean the Cardinal need to be ranked. And given the way Pitt fallen apart for stretches during each season with Wannstedt. There is at least a 3 game losing streak in each of his seasons there.

Hell when you get down to it, my top 25 would look quite a bit different than that one.

There is absolutly no reason to have a pre-season poll. What until October, then maybe put out the first poll. But why in August before anyone has played? We all know what the marquee games are going to be before the season so why rate each team based on nothing? You know 90% of the picks are going to be east and west coast biased.

There is one really good reason for all the preseason polls. People want to talk and argue about it. All the talk is a good thing for the game. However, people putting the polls together need to be willing to do radical reevaluations for the first few weeks, and not worry about who was where in the poll the week before, until about OCT anyway.

There is absolutly no reason to have a pre-season poll. What until October, then maybe put out the first poll. But why in August before anyone has played? We all know what the marquee games are going to be before the season so why rate each team based on nothing? You know 90% of the picks are going to be east and west coast biased.

I don't think we all know what the marquee games are. I mean ESPN did send their crew to Lincoln last year for that marquee matchup with USC. Using hindsight, that wasn't even close to being a marquee matchup. I will agree though that preseason polls don't mean much. It's quite possible that 50-60 percent of the teams in that pll will finished the season unranked. Until the season has a month under it's belt, it's pretty hard to judge what a team can do.

There is one really good reason for all the preseason polls. People want to talk and argue about it. All the talk is a good thing for the game. However, people putting the polls together need to be willing to do radical reevaluations for the first few weeks, and not worry about who was where in the poll the week before, until about OCT anyway.

We have a winner!