ESPN's Top 25 for 2008....

ESPN just kills me....they are so stupid. I hope that someone will bring this poll back at the end of the season and point out how damn screwed it is, and let ESPN defend themselves for even putting it out. It is SO jacked!!

We have 100 members of this board that could have done better.

Preseason polls are worthless and should be outlawed. Or at the very least, the writer/media hack should be severely punished and fined when their pre-season poll proves to be yet another in a long list of worthless crap.

I say we hold them all down and drive little nails underneath their fingernails. I hate pre-season polls because they mean absolutely nothing.

I love preseason polls.

It gets folks riled up..Almost as much fun as sneaking up on Grizzlies and poking them.

This web site is interesting: http://preseason.stassen.com/. It compiles several preseason rankings, lists a consensus rank, and then compares them with the actual ranking at the end of that season. I also like the over- and under rated pages: http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/2007.html

You know what about killed me about that website was that Ohio State ends up as a consensus #1 even though no one had them picked #1. I hate Ohio State and am so sick of them sliding into everything in the overrated Big 10.

But if Nebraska was in that top 25, most would singing the praise of the guy.

It means nothing, it is his oppinion and he has you all screaming and talking about college football. Seems he did exactly what he wanted to do.

And my guess is that most of these guys get a lot closer than most on here do predicting what is going to happen. JMHO

But if Nebraska was in that top 25, most would singing the praise of the guy.

It means nothing, it is his oppinion and he has you all screaming and talking about college football. Seems he did exactly what he wanted to do.

And my guess is that most of these guys get a lot closer than most on here do predicting what is going to happen. JMHO

If he had us in the top 25, we'd be wondering why he'd be blowin' smoke up our proverbial skirts. We're a little too knowledgeable to just let that slide by, and be singin' this dink's praises...

Is Texas Tech going to be #8 or top 10 by end of the year? They are the most intriguing pick to me...they could be awesome this year or just end up at back of top 25. I have no idea how we are going to do against them this year but that game looks scary this year. Clemson and BYU both seem a bit high on this poll to me. Pitt does not belong there. USC is going to beat Ohio State so I'd like to see OSU drop because I am tired of all the pub they got last couple of years only to get blown out in championship. If NU can't be there, I think a Georgia vs. USC championship would be a great game.

Going by this poll, our schedule is very tough this year. We play:

#3 Oklahoma

#8 Texas Tech

#9 Missouri

#17 Kansas

#20 Virginia Tech

:power

Is Texas Tech going to be #8 or top 10 by end of the year? They are the most intriguing pick to me...they could be awesome this year or just end up at back of top 25. I have no idea how we are going to do against them this year but that game looks scary this year. Clemson and BYU both seem a bit high on this poll to me. Pitt does not belong there. USC is going to beat Ohio State so I'd like to see OSU drop because I am tired of all the pub they got last couple of years only to get blown out in championship. If NU can't be there, I think a Georgia vs. USC championship would be a great game.

#3 Oklahoma

#8 Texas Tech

#9 Missouri

#17 Kansas

#20 Virginia Tech

There are at least 8 or 9 teams, that baffle me as to why they are even there. A few of them are no brainers, but Wake Forest, BYU, and Pitt ?? I'm glad to see that ESPN's drug policy is lax, because this guy is on freakin' crack...

But some are saying 10-2, 11 and 1, 9-4. So who would all these intelligent fans be.

Quit bashing on the media. They are normally a lot closer than some of the homers here.

Tech may even end up being the best in the conference. But let's wait until the end of the season to decide if he is crazy or not. Last year most here had us winning against SC, drumming Missouri and Kansas. The media had us down to Missouri and Oklahoma State. How did those games turn out?

Take off the Husker glasses and look at what these teams have to offer. Saying the Wake Forest should not be there or Texas Tech is just not seeing what talent is there. Others are quesionable I agree, but I really have no idea of what they return. Notred Dame has a boat load of talent, will they play up to his predictions, who knows. But the ability is there. Just as much as Nebraska being a 11-1 team for sure.

But some are saying 10-2, 11 and 1, 9-4. So who would all these intelligent fans be.

Quit bashing on the media. They are normally a lot closer than some of the homers here.

Tech may even end up being the best in the conference. But let's wait until the end of the season to decide if he is crazy or not. Last year most here had us winning against SC, drumming Missouri and Kansas. The media had us down to Missouri and Oklahoma State. How did those games turn out?

Take off the Husker glasses and look at what these teams have to offer. Saying the Wake Forest should not be there or Texas Tech is just not seeing what talent is there. Others are quesionable I agree, but I really have no idea of what they return. Notred Dame has a boat load of talent, will they play up to his predictions, who knows. But the ability is there. Just as much as Nebraska being a 11-1 team for sure.

Wake Forest "shouldn't" be there. They might be the 5th or 6th best team in a pretty weak conference.

I'm not predicting how many games we win, I just want to see us make a bowl game. If we make it to close to a new years day game, i'll be incredibly happy.

I'll bash on the media to my hearts content. Half the time these guys aren't anywhere close to what their predictions are. Unfortunately live in the biggest media market on the planet, and i have to listen to Mike and the Mad Dog, when they spend the 30 seconds talking about college football, sounding like they have a clue as to what they're talking about.

There is absolutly no reason to have a pre-season poll. What until October, then maybe put out the first poll. But why in August before anyone has played? We all know what the marquee games are going to be before the season so why rate each team based on nothing? You know 90% of the picks are going to be east and west coast biased.

There is one really good reason for all the preseason polls. People want to talk and argue about it. All the talk is a good thing for the game. However, people putting the polls together need to be willing to do radical reevaluations for the first few weeks, and not worry about who was where in the poll the week before, until about OCT anyway.

We have a winner!

Hmmm, I thought the preseason polls meant alot since they DO help determine a team's ranking throughout the season. I mean, if you are GA and ranked #1 going in and OSU is #2 and both those teams go undefeated and somehow dont play each other in the BCS bowl, the higher preason ranked team will probably hold their position and win the NC at the end. Then you might have a team rated #25 who also runs the table but has a bigger uphill climb and only finishes #4 or 5 or something.

Though it is very arbitrary to rate GA ahead of USC or OU, for e.g., going in, GA is given an unearned real advantage throughout the year.

So, though I agree that polling should start around October or so, the current preseason polling DOES mean alot. It is fun to speculate on the preseaon polls and that's maybe the biggest reason they are done, but they are hardly 'scientific' and open to a lot of bias.

Actually, come to think of it, I just remembered I am a playoff advocate which renders ANY polling unnecassary, just like in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. But the polls do make for a lot of drama.

p.s., SCREW ND! :yeah

#3 Oklahoma

#8 Texas Tech

#9 Missouri

#17 Kansas

#20 Virginia Tech

Yup, very tough indeed. :wtf