Kevin Dixon

There has to be more to this story....Christensen is being charged with a sexual assault and Dixon has some pot on him. If Dixon is gone, Andy better be gone!

I disagree

It's pretty cut and dry with Dixon. He was caught with drugs. End of story.

With a charge (read: not a conviction) of sexual assault, there is usually a lot of he said, she said. It only makes sense to let the facts bear themselves before passing judgment.

I haven't heard or read a lot about Andy's case.

There has to be more to this story....Christensen is being charged with a sexual assault and Dixon has some pot on him. If Dixon is gone, Andy better be gone!

I disagree

With a charge (read: not a conviction) of sexual assault, there is usually a lot of he said, she said. It only makes sense to let the facts bear themselves before passing judgment.

I see your point, however, Andy should have never put himself in that situation. I think for the average person (outside of the Husker fan base), seeing someone with a sexual assault charge, he should be kicked off of the team. It is all about image IMO. Either way, Bo seems to be taking control of the situations.

I disagree

I see your point, however, Andy should have never put himself in that situation.

Kevin shouldn't have had the weed on him :dunno

I was just going to reply that this removal was probably for recreational drugs, and also comparing it to alcohol/DUIs.

I bet the thinking is that pot is illegal for EVERYBODY - and that there might be the possibility of getting into dealing, etc. That's bad press.

Of course, (possible) motor vehicle homicide under the influence ain't so good either.

err... driving under the influence is illegal for everybody as well. and pot is NOT illegal for everybody, in some states there are medical marijuana prescriptions.

lame argument, all i'm saying :P

What states have legalized medical marijuana??

I thought all states lost that battle due to the Federal Law on Marijuana.

Anyway, I'm glad Bo is getting tough on these kids. Kick them all off the team if they can't follow the rules

I disagree

I see your point, however, Andy should have never put himself in that situation.

Kevin shouldn't have had the weed on him :dunno

And I never said that Dixon should not be kicked off of the team...he got caught so he is suffering the consequences. Personally, I would rather have someone smoking pot (without driving of course) than some sick perv sticking his hand up some girl's skirt to get a feel.....

And I never said that Dixon should not be kicked off of the team...he got caught so he is suffering the consequences. Personally, I would rather have someone smoking pot (without driving of course) than some sick perv sticking his hand up some girl's skirt to get a feel.....

Sure, but you're assuming that's what happened.

here is my take on what happened.

1. Dixon got caught with pot.

2. Bo told Dixon, not again or your gone.

3. Bo told Dixon that he would be subject to random drug testing.

4. Dixon failed drug test.

5. Bo kicked Dixon off of the team.

Andy's situation.

1. Andy got arrested.

2. Bo indef supension of Andy

3. Bo waiting for court resolution of case.

4. If guilty, Andy gone.

I have no tolerance for that type of drinking or drug use. Bo s not screwin around. Cops caught him with the drugs end of story. Guy gets caught drunk driveing end of story. Theres much more then just come typical college activities. Bo s saying if your playing for me for this school then your not doin that stuff on my time. Theres alot more at stake here then just winning football here. Bo is also there to mold these young kids minds. To teach them personal responsibility and accountability. Thats why he basicaly said my way or the highway. Ones down the road and another is packin his bags. I say even though it might be hard on the team, good for you bo keep those kids in check.

Ben

I disagree

I see your point, however, Andy should have never put himself in that situation. I think for the average person (outside of the Husker fan base), seeing someone with a sexual assault charge, he should be kicked off of the team. It is all about image IMO. Either way, Bo seems to be taking control of the situations.

Innocent until proven guilty? Do you know how many sexual assault cases get thrown out of court? Anytime a player goes to a party or even a bar for that matter they are putting themselves into that situation. I think it would be a poor decision to just start kicking players off the team because they have been cited for a crime even though not convicted. In fact, I'm not so sure that if the player is found innocent that they couldn't sue the University.

I was just going to reply that this removal was probably for recreational drugs, and also comparing it to alcohol/DUIs.

I bet the thinking is that pot is illegal for EVERYBODY - and that there might be the possibility of getting into dealing, etc. That's bad press.

Of course, (possible) motor vehicle homicide under the influence ain't so good either.

err... driving under the influence is illegal for everybody as well. and pot is NOT illegal for everybody, in some states there are medical marijuana prescriptions.

lame argument, all i'm saying :P

What states have legalized medical marijuana??

I thought all states lost that battle due to the Federal Law on Marijuana.

Anyway, I'm glad Bo is getting tough on these kids. Kick them all off the team if they can't follow the rules

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3391