Kevin Dixon

I was just going to reply that this removal was probably for recreational drugs, and also comparing it to alcohol/DUIs.

I bet the thinking is that pot is illegal for EVERYBODY - and that there might be the possibility of getting into dealing, etc. That's bad press.

Of course, (possible) motor vehicle homicide under the influence ain't so good either.

err... driving under the influence is illegal for everybody as well. and pot is NOT illegal for everybody, in some states there are medical marijuana prescriptions.

lame argument, all i'm saying :P

How is Andy Christiansen still on the team and Dixon's kicked off?

That's a good question, but I highly doubt Christansen will remain on the team. If he does though, I'll be the first one down to Lincoln picketing abount unfair treatment towards Dixon.

Andy is probably screwed regardless Bo is just waiting for everything to unfold. Bo probably told the team that he has a zero tolerance rule on drugs and everything else that may happen is on a case by case basis. I'll bet Bo didn't expect one of his lineman to reach up a girls skirt and stick his fingers in her though. If Andy goes to trial there is a good chance he is going to be found guilty. If he takes a plea bargain then he is basically saying he is guilty as well so..............

How is Andy Christiansen still on the team and Dixon's kicked off?

That's a good question, but I highly doubt Christansen will remain on the team. If he does though, I'll be the first one down to Lincoln picketing abount unfair treatment towards Dixon.

Andy is probably screwed regardless Bo is just waiting for everything to unfold. Bo probably told the team that he has a zero tolerance rule on drugs and everything else that may happen is on a case by case basis. I'll bet Bo didn't expect one of his lineman to reach up a girls skirt and stick his fingers in her though. If Andy goes to trial there is a good chance he is going to be found guilty. If he takes a plea bargain then he is basically saying he is guilty as well so..............

Oh yeah. Without a doubt. Andy is done for regardless. I'm just saying that if he isn't kicked off the team, then I'll be out there protesting. I highly doubt it will come to that though.

Maybe Dixon has screwed up one too many times and was given his last chance. Still, I don't like the fact that he may have been kicked off the team for a citation that he isn't yet guilty of. This is pure speculation as to why he was removed, maybe he didn't fulfill his team punishment, who knows. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Suspend him indefinately, then if he is found guilty, dismiss him.

All part of installing his coaching staff's principles and standards. We need kids that want to be here at Nebraska doing the right things.

I support Bo when it comes to discipline. If a player is not disciplined off the field, he probably won't be on the field either. I know they take the players privacy seriously, but it would be interesting to know what exactly got him kicked to the curb.