Big Games

Has there been any hitting during practice? Are the pads even on yet? Anyone can play great in a helmet & shorts. By my standards, all conference games are big. Especially coming off a 1-6 record.

I would love to see some big wins, some upsets. But Fellas, going in, we are the underdog.

I read somewhere the players were supposed to practice in full pads later this week but not sure exactly when.

I do think we'll beat VA Tech, I just have a feeling! It's a home game and hopefully a night game. The crowd will be into it and the team will be pumped. This will be the first national test under Pelini.

Obviously winning Big 12 games carries more weight. I do think we'll win a few we probably shouldn't and more than likely lose one or two that we shouldn't.

I've said this before, we will NOT lose to VT; that game is so winnable! Pelini knows that teams offense. 48-7 LSU over VT anyone? Our strength, offense. is every bit as able to put up 30+ points on that D as Lsu last season. I'll take our "inexperienced" D over their injury riddled offense anyday.

Has there been any hitting during practice? Are the pads even on yet? Anyone can play great in a helmet & shorts. By my standards, all conference games are big. Especially coming off a 1-6 record.

I would love to see some big wins, some upsets. But Fellas, going in, we are the underdog.

Not sure about full blown hitting, but Pelini did say that practice has been pretty physical and not because the coaches egged it on. That's was good to hear.

We might beat Virginia Tech but we will beat Texas Tech in Lubbock.

Here is why we will beat TTech.... They play TWO FCS opponents, SMU, Nevada and Kansas State CC before they play Nebraska. We will be battle tested having played Virginia Tech and Missouri at that point not to mention NMSU (same offense). That game wil help immensely for the TTech game.

Tech's offense is one that isn't built to win Championships. They are 2-13 against ranked opponents over the last five years with wins over a #23 Ok St. team in '05 and an Oklahoma team that didn't have it's starting quarterback last year . The last time they faced BO's Defense it was the week before the Nebraska Debacle in '04 and was held to 13 points and turned the ball over 4 times. (I know Oklahoma isn't Nebraska but still...)

Win totals under Mike Leach are 7, 7, 9, 8, 8, 9, 8, and 9. 8-4 or 9-3 is the ceiling for a team built around an offense and has no defense. The book against Tech is to run the ball and force turnovers and thats what BO emphasises. The more I think about this game the more confident I get that we will beat them. :rant

I am not looking for the "Signature Win" in Bo's first year, I think that is unfair. However, if there is any improvement in our defense and we can score atleast 21 pts a game, i think we have a better than average chance of getting a "Signature Win" in Bo's first year.

Here is why we will beat TTech.... They play TWO FCS opponents, SMU, Nevada and Kansas State CC before they play Nebraska. We will be battle tested having played Virginia Tech and Missouri at that point not to mention NMSU (same offense). That game wil help immensely for the TTech game.

Tech's offense is one that isn't built to win Championships. They are 2-13 against ranked opponents over the last five years with wins over a #23 Ok St. team in '05 and an Oklahoma team that didn't have it's starting quarterback last year . The last time they faced BO's Defense it was the week before the Nebraska Debacle in '04 and was held to 13 points and turned the ball over 4 times. (I know Oklahoma isn't Nebraska but still...)

Win totals under Mike Leach are 7, 7, 9, 8, 8, 9, 8, and 9. 8-4 or 9-3 is the ceiling for a team built around an offense and has no defense. The book against Tech is to run the ball and force turnovers and thats what BO emphasises. The more I think about this game the more confident I get that we will beat them. :rant

texas tech is a harder game than virginia tech, imo. I believe we can upset them both. But against ttech only if our defense shows up ready to attack!

texas tech is a harder game than virginia tech, imo. I believe we can upset them both. But against ttech only if our defense shows up ready to attack!

We will definately need to have an established running attack if we want to win this one. We do not want to get in a pissing match i.e. Colorado last year. We need to control the tempo and get them to turn the ball over. If we can hold them to under 23 pts, i think we will win.

I do think we'll beat VA Tech, I just have a feeling! It's a home game and hopefully a night game. The crowd will be into it and the team will be pumped. This will be the first national test under Pelini.

Obviously winning Big 12 games carries more weight. I do think we'll win a few we probably shouldn't and more than likely lose one or two that we shouldn't.

I've said this before, we will NOT lose to VT; that game is so winnable! Pelini knows that teams offense. 48-7 LSU over VT anyone? Our strength, offense. is every bit as able to put up 30+ points on that D as Lsu last season. I'll take our "inexperienced" D over their injury riddled offense anyday.

Ok folks, I am all about talking up my team....however, unless I missed something in Bo's contract, he didn't bring LSU's Defensive players with him. He coached a heck of a game against my boys but now he has a new group of players and the Hokies have one of their strongest O-Line in years.

Since we aren't meeting you at a bowl game...I think this will be great game. I don't see either team rolling over on the other.

I can't wait to get out there. I am looking forward to meeting the Cornhusker nation, and hope ya'll are able to make it to Blacksburg in '09.

I like your logic, and after thinking about it I think I agree with you. What do highly explosive offensive teams hate the most? Having their offense on the sideline. If we go into that game and pound the rock, we have a good chance. If we have Ganz back there slinging the rock and get into a shootout, we'll get pounded. Pound the rock, win the time of possession, keep the defense fresh, and we have a good chance. TT can't score if they're not on the field. If we keep the game low scoring, we might lose. However, a low scoring game will make TT's offense impatient and maybe make a mistake.