Big Games

Which one of the big games do we really need to win?

i would personally say Virginia Tech and Mizzou for the home games and Oklahoma and Texas Tech for away games...hopefully we can win at least 2 of them then id call it a good season as long as the rest of the schedule goes as planned.

Which one of the big games do we really need to win?

i would personally say Virginia Tech and Mizzou for the home games and Oklahoma and Texas Tech for away games...hopefully we can win at least 2 of them then id call it a good season as long as the rest of the schedule goes as planned.

Personally I think the most helpful two options are winning the North or going to a decent bowl game. Eeking out wins over VA Tech and Kansas and then playing somewhere warm would be a huge start for Bo's career.

The only game that I think the Huskers have a very limited chance at winning is at OU and at TT. That TT game is looking scary.

Pure passing teams are sitting ducks for upsets. The defense has one off-day where it can't stop the run and that's the end of that. Yeah, it's possible it could get ugly, but Tech's never been where they think they're going. OU is a major roadblock to their Big XII champ hopes.

i think we have a chance at beating VT, their offense is not that good, they lost their best RB and have a guy that just had shoulder surgery this offseason, if we can score around 21 points against their great D i think weve beat them....i dont see us beating OU, also i think we can get close to missouri and maybe upset them, i see us beating kansas, im not sure about TT itll be an offenses game, both of our D arent that great, we have the better D i think tho...so that game will decide who can make the stops and score the most points before time ends

Has there been any hitting during practice? Are the pads even on yet? Anyone can play great in a helmet & shorts. By my standards, all conference games are big. Especially coming off a 1-6 record.

I would love to see some big wins, some upsets. But Fellas, going in, we are the underdog.

The only games that I think the Huskers have a very limited chance at winning is at OU and at TT. That TT game is looking scary.

Unless TT implodes. I say 30% chance of that since the game is in the 1st half of season for NU -( it will be the second game of the season for TT) 70% chance that TT implodes by the end of the season.

Has there been any hitting during practice? Are the pads even on yet? Anyone can play great in a helmet & shorts. By my standards, all conference games are big. Especially coming off a 1-6 record.

I would love to see some big wins, some upsets. But Fellas, going in, we are the underdog.

I actually read somewhere that Cody Glenn decked Marlon Lucky at practice yesterday. It was either on Rivals or Lincoln Journal Star. :dunno

The VT game is crucial in my eyes. That will be the measuring stick IMO.

I hate measuring stick games as we all know how well we measured up last year when USC came strolling into town. I think the very first game will be the measuring stick. I think we'll get better as the season rolls on, unlike last year. The beginning though may be painful at times.

I do think we'll beat VA Tech, I just have a feeling! It's a home game and hopefully a night game. The crowd will be into it and the team will be pumped. This will be the first national test under Pelini.

Obviously winning Big 12 games carries more weight. I do think we'll win a few we probably shouldn't and more than likely lose one or two that we shouldn't.