NU can't overlook W. Michigan

I'm reading a lot of smack about the north it seems. I see a lot of "the year NU has depends on the outcome of the VT game" and I just hope WMU is not overlooked. They seem like a pretty solid team and you would think NU would be favored by a little more than 14 points since it's in Lincoln. I don't know maybe i'm just paranoid. What do you think ?

I'm reading a lot of smack about the north it seems. I see a lot of "the year NU has depends on the outcome of the VT game" and I just hope WMU is not overlooked. They seem like a pretty solid team and you would think NU would be favored by a little more than 14 points since it's in Lincoln. I don't know maybe i'm just paranoid. What do you think ?

They're starting W. Michigan prep this week. They're not going to overlook the first opponent. I'd be more worried about overlooking SJSU or NMSU

I don't think after last years performance by the defense they can afford to look past anyone. They better take each and every game as seriously as if they were playing a ranked team. This defense needs to come in and play with some attitude, and prove to everyone that Nebraska football and everything it means has returned to it's rightful place.

If WMU beats Nebraska it is because they have the better athletes and coaching staff. There is no way that Bo and his staff will allow the Huskers to over look the first game of their rebuilding process. I am thinking they will want to make a statement by showing the brand of football that they will be playing. That is with all out effort and with B.P.'s ability to draft defenses and make adjustments, I do not see us toying with WMU very long. I would think that our O-loine will wear them down and Watson will show that we intend to run the ball this year.

The Huskers will be ready and they will be hungry. I look for a win by at least 21 points.

Western Michigan has been rated as best defensive line, secondary and coaching staff in the MAC conference. Also 2nd in Linebackers and 3rd in receivers. On the flip side - 8th in backfield & O-line.

per rivals.

To me, this indicates a tough challenge for the Husker's offensive unit. I'm not sure if the defense will look overly impressive, but they need to take advantage of that line. The writing is on the wall.

Western Michigan has been rated as best defensive line, secondary and coaching staff in the MAC conference. Also 2nd in Linebackers and 3rd in receivers. On the flip side - 8th in backfield & O-line.

per rivals.

To me, this indicates a tough challenge for the Husker's offensive unit. I'm not sure if the defense will look overly impressive, but they need to take advantage of that line. The writing is on the wall.

I still want the first 15 or 20 plays to be draws....

...I would think that our O-loine will wear them down and Watson will show that we intend to run the ball this year.

The Huskers will be ready and they will be hungry. I look for a win by at least 21 points.

I would hope we keep our loins tucked inside our pants.

Other than that..I'm glad Appalachian State did what they did to Mechicken so recently..Coaches will be able to use that as an example for another few years yet to keep their teams focused.

oh yah. nebraska v. ball state from last year? any team on any given day can win if you give them enough opportunity.

that being said, i'm hope this this game will be an opportunity for the kids to really show the staff what they've learned the past few months.

i had a dream last night that my dad was listening to the game on the radio with my grandfather, and for some reason i wasn't paying attention to the game (that's how you know it was a dream). anyways, i asked him what the score was and he didn't answer right away, just had a solemn look on his face. i asked him again and finally he answered "13-9" and he didn't say in whose favor.

what a horrible dream. callahan has brought my spirit to this. pelini needs to bring it back.