Today's Sportscenter With Herbstreit

Think about this......

If Kirk hadnt gone on a rant during that show picking the greatest college football team of all time and just sat quietly and accepted the fact that the 95 team is the best of all time, nothing would be wrong with him. No Husker fans would truly have any beef with him.

I think overall he give a fair assessment on most teams and games, including ours. We just havent been good as of late so the truth hurts.

Mark May is another story......guy is an idiot and if I hear him talk anybodys offensive line......

Its gonna be a great season.

The hate for Herb from Husker fans is amusing to me. I don't always agree with what he says, or how he says it, but a lot of people take it to the extreme. Like when Gameday came here and a bunch of Husker fans disgraced themselves (and all of us, really) by being total asses to him after the shooting was done. Way to go.

:yeah

does he "hate" nebraska? no. but he has made some awfully ignorant comments about them. in the past. I guess if he is guilty of anything it is not knowing our past history.

What it comes down to is that he respects our program, but he respects the dominant programs of the 00's more ('05 texas, '04 usc, etc.) because of his age and what he has been around the most. I can't blame him for that, especially when he does still have respect for us.

does he "hate" nebraska? no. but he has made some awfully ignorant comments about them. in the past. I guess if he is guilty of anything it is not knowing our past history.

What it comes down to is that he respects our program, but he respects the dominant programs of the 00's more ('05 texas, '04 usc, etc.) because of his age and what he has been around the most. I can't blame him for that, especially when he does still have respect for us.

I dont really have a problem with who he respects... It is frustrating when he threw such a big fit.. and didnt even bother to see what he was saying was true. saying the 71 and 95 teams didnt play anyone?? are you serious?

I'm sure if he could go back he would have acted differently... controlled his emotions better. it certainly gives fuel to conversations like this.

Take it from a Michigan fan, who lives in Omaha, Kirk H is a MORON!!!!

Remember, he BROKE the news that Miles and Tenuto were coming to Michigan. A done deal. While I believe Miles would have come if Herby had not "broke the news," the guys speaks without thinking sometimes. Yes, I can't stand the guy.

BUt apart from that, I think the Huskers will do VERY well this year. Again, not a fan of the team, but I do follow them (how can I not, living here). There is way too much pride in Husker-land! Seriously, I have lived all over the country, and no other state supports any one team like Nebraska does. All that positive energy is going to pay off!