Husker fan's excitement level at this point last year.

Last year, after the Nevada game sounds and feels a lot similar to the attitudes now. We thought, that the team had a new attitude, a new swaggart, and thought that we were back. But learning from last year, there is a part of me that really thinks that emotions are naturally there on first game of the seasons. Part of me also think that the outcome of the first game against WMU would of been the same under the previous regime and system.

I was optimistic till after the Wake Forest game...then I was a little worried, real worried after the Ball State game and totally disillusioned after USC....

This year, I'm starting off cautiously optimistic...It'll take a few hits to the head during the regular season before the Callahan Hangover goes away...but expect a full recovery before season's end.

I was optimistic till after the Wake Forest game...then I was a little worried, real worried after the Ball State game and totally disillusioned after USC....

This year, I'm starting off cautiously optimistic...It'll take a few hits to the head during the regular season before the Callahan Hangover goes away...but expect a full recovery before season's end.

Didn't we play USC before Ball State? Anyway, yeah I was somewhat concerned after the Wake Forest game. However, Wake was a pretty good team and we were playing our first road game. Against USC, we actually played pretty well for about a quarter to quarter and a half. The wheels completely fell off in the 2nd half, and the team never recovered. Then, we play Texas. I really thought we might salvage a foregone season until Charles lit us up like a christmas tree in the 4th. The CU game was a little too little and a little too late, and then again we caved in the 2nd half.

I have a feeling this season we will see what the coaching staff is made of. Last year, VT started out horribly only to end up having a BCS bowl season. Tennessee if I recall started the season 1-2 only to have a pretty decent season. We're undefeated right now, and we all saw what areas need work. There's going to be a stretch in there where we're probably going to drop a couple of games. It will be then that determines what this team and staff is made of. I still think we'll win one big game where no one expects us to.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. It was nice to see the defense playing well and it was definitely nice to get the "W", however I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic for a few more games.

I, personally, was a lot more excited at this point last year. I figured, hey, we just beat the crap out of a pretty decent team that went to a bowl game the year before... we should be pretty good. I think I still had my "rose-colored glasses" on after the Ball State game.

I'm like Cy... cautiously optimistic this year. There was still some things from the WMU game that left me unsatisfied, but after last year... I've learned to enjoy these wins while we are getting them.

The previous four years were crap stank gross bs.

Even the year we won the North by beating all of the teams in the North for the first time since 1999? :dunno Just asking. Not to mention they gave us Zac Taylor and Brandon Jackson. :clap

There were several good things that did happen during the past four years as you mentioned. Some good players as well. I was refering mostly to how it was overall.

And yes, the North title was not entirely all that impressive because the division was down that year (and well documented).

But that's all in the past. I was happy with what I saw on Saturday. Very encouraged. :)