Nebraska vs. Iowa State

cmb23

Has anyone heard any rumors, discussions or anything on the Oct 18th game? We are planning on going, but it would be nice to know if it is going to be an 11:30, 2PM or 7:00 game!!! That way we can plan our weekend (and try and find a hotel!!!) My guess is it will be an early game since....well....it probably isn't going to get much attention.

Any inside info would be great!!!

I'd guess probably 1:00, I doubt the game will get televised.

You won't know untill 6-12 days before the game what time the kickoff is. It wouldn't suprise me for this game to be ppv, on FSN or Versus

If Nebraska rolls in there 3-3/4-2 and ISU is 2-4, I doubt a tv crew follows. I hope they do have it on FSN or VS at least.

I don't care if it's on TV or not....I just want to know when the game is so I can decide if we are going Friday night or Saturday morning, and if I need a hotel for one or two nights.

You probably won't know at least for another week but I would plan on going down Friday night because more likely than not it will be an early Saturday kickoff.

I don't care if it's on TV or not....I just want to know when the game is so I can decide if we are going Friday night or Saturday morning, and if I need a hotel for one or two nights.

Well, yeah, you do care if it's on TV, because that dictates what time the game is. That's why game times aren't announced until 6 or 13 days in advance, which is when TV networks select their games.

I'd actually think a PPV game would do better in Ames than Lincoln. I'd bet more people who go to games in Lincoln but can't make it to Ames would buy PPV than vice versa.

Guys on the Cyclone board say you won't know till October 6th at the earliest.

Me...I'd watch to see when the Iowa Wisconsin game starts. If that game goes early, the ISU/NU game will normally have a later start time and vice versa...that way our pathetic state can capitalize on all the disloyal and dysfunctional fans that leave one of the games early in able to attend the other game later in the day. Been like that for years.

Meanwhile, come over on Friday night and go to Jack Trice early Saturday and participate in some great tailgating. I would rank the tailgate atmosphere in Ames in the top 10 in the nation as far as friendly people are concerned....kinda makes up for the fact that the team itself usually ends up ranking in the bottom 10 in the nation.

Drunk fans are happy fans...regardless of the results <_<

you hostin some tailgatin party cy

Nah...they frown on any of the sideline crew showing up drunk ever since that CU game last year.... <_<

Anyway the bus was impounded last year after the engine blew up halfway between Ames and Des Moines and we abandoned it on the side of the interstate.

I hope you guys have the running game sorted out by game time though cuz I hate it when all the damn passing teams come in here...have to pick up the yard marker, run 10-20 yards downfield and place it again...over and over and over. Too much running... :angry: Damn Kansas will be here this weekend and they never run the ball. Just throw all the time. Makes me tired...ruins my enjoyment of the game. A couple of weeks after that it'll be Missouri and the same thing...run, run, run. I didn't sign on to get any exercise...I just wanted free admission to games and the chance to trip some people with the chain every now and then. Now...if NU would be so kind as to grind out yardage on the ground...3-4 yards a pop...heck, even a 7 or 8 yarder now and then...I would much appreciate it. Please pass this on to Watson and the boys. Thanks.

I would guess it will be some time between 12:00am and 11:59pm. I hope that helps.

Your son better have a good time because my Step-sister is still heart broken that she won't be getting a new man. She hasn't been out of her cage for two weeks and we are starting to worry about her. She ate everything in the house and the only thing left is month old deviled eggs and some Ho Ho's. Man I love Ho Ho's.