Shawn Watson should be fired?

Could we agree that watson was only kept around probally becase of callahans players and to ease into the transition of bos game plan. If watson doesnt work out this year he could be headed down the road. I think he was only kept around for ganz and ganz is gone this year. The last few rements of a bad staff gone for good. But thats just my opinion.

I said this two weeks ago before the VT game and people didn't agree with me.

Watson was kept because TO wanted him to be kept, end of story. BC's offense only managed yards when our opponents were playing prevent D's and we were playing against the opponents cheerleaders. Apparently, everyone has forgot about being blanked in the first half at home against a poor Okie State D last year. The VT game showed me all I need to see. The first couple of series we ran decent getting into 3rd and short. Then, we decide to start throwing the friggin ball and don't execute having to punt the ball.

Watson was kept because TO wanted him to be kept, end of story. BC's offense only managed yards when our opponents were playing prevent D's and we were playing against the opponents cheerleaders. Apparently, everyone has forgot about being blanked in the first half at home against a poor Okie State D last year. The VT game showed me all I need to see. The first couple of series we ran decent getting into 3rd and short. Then, we decide to start throwing the friggin ball and don't execute having to punt the ball.

No.

Bo wanted him. Players wanted him. Whether or not we like him (this week anyways) the players adore him. Bo made it a point to TO not to let Alabama steal him away.

I think we should go to a spread offense for now. Obviously the set formation run game isn't working out for us. All of our receivers have hands...and a lot of speed surprisingly. I think we would have a lot more success moving the football if we spread it out and just simply try to win games with what we have. Also if we spread it out, it is going to give our running backs more of a chance. They can run in space, much like texas tech does.

Then after this season they can go back to the power game. But right now the power game doesn't work and its not going to work.

:wtf Why give them a new offense to learn from scratch when they can't figure this one out. It isn't that complicated. This is one of the most basic offenses there is.

Down the line somewhere I wouldn't mind seeing some spread mixed in, but not with this team, this year. They are half way through the season, have had all spring and half the fall to learn this offense, haven't done it. There is no way they are going to pick up a new offense in the middle of the season.

Umm these are also Watsons players too though so dont use that argument. He was on the recruiting path while he was there. He is not changing the offense its the same he got these kids to play here too. In regards to big offenses games under BC how bout last year at Texas...447 of total offense in a 3 point loss? Not bad if you ask me. The year before that against Texas we put up 348 in a near win if it was not for T Nunn's costly fumble. Watson needs to get his act together. He is not in his first year of this capacity he is an experienced coach. You let it play out this year and see what happens and if you have no rushing attack by the Colorado game than you have real issues and need to do something. He has been here for a while and needs results. Everyone said that BC is the head coach and needs to be accountable for all of his coaches (mainly kevin Cosgrove) and the same can be said for Pelini he needs to be accountable for his coaches and their performances. Watch out Tim Beck

Read my post again, I said against good defenses. Texas didn't have good defenses, that's why they hired Will Muschamp away from Auburn. Hell, Mizzou's defense was ranked what a hundred and something last week and we still couldn't move the ball when it counted. SAN JOSE ST shut us down for 3 qtrs. We'll be lucky to cross the 50yd line against OK.

No.

Bo wanted him. Players wanted him. Whether or not we like him (this week anyways) the players adore him. Bo made it a point to TO not to let Alabama steal him away.

hmmm... funny how they wanted him too... and look where there at...... but no, everyone keep tearing apart our offense and watson, because he's just TERRIBLE.. and our offense is and always has been TERRIBLE

:sarcasm

Pelini has been on record saying he likes the offense Watson is running. He does NOT want a spread or option, he wants a "multiple offense" which is apparently what we're trying to run.

If I had my way, we would switch to a Spread Option. The spread has been proven to be effective and running the option out of it would really satisfy the fan base. I don't see the drawback; except that none of the players we have were recruited for it, but I think a lot of them would be a good fit.

I'm still not sold on Watson. At times he looks like a genius and at times he looks like an idiot. Does it all come down to execution? I don't know. What I do know is that we as Husker fans are CRAVING consistency and he has not shown he can do that. Would any other OC be able to do it any better than Watson? I dunno.

I suppose Watson could give the ball to Lucky, Castille and Helu more often and determine which one had the better 2.6 yard gain. Or he could take what Ganz gives him, which is 290 yards in 38 attempts.

This is the same offense that marched right back against Missouri with a surgical drive to tie the score, the same defense that forced the offense to play catch-up, the same team that committed way too many penalties in a game where there was no margin of error.

None of this suckage and disappointment can be laid at the feet of the offensive play calling.

Curious that with Missouri scorching the Nebraska defense for more points than last year, the finger-pointing is aimed at the offensive coordinator. It was the defense that had no where to go but up, and the head coach was brought in as a defensive genius. And from where I was sitting — in a motel with a hooker on my lap — it looked like the defense simply made no adjustments. And just like last year, Mizzou soon realized it could do whatever it wanted.

I understand our offense productivity has been, well....let's just say off, but the defense doesn't keep us in the game. The game is played on all three levels (ST, DEF, OFF). The running game or lack there of kills me but Ganz still threw for 290! Special teams and defense needs work, the offensive line needs work. Watson should stay. You can't blame our lopsided loss to the offense, you still need the defense to keep it close. We shouldn't be getting into these shoot outs to begin with.