Your QB of the Future!

These QB deals are always tough, especially the dual threat ones. Remember in years past underneath TO and probably many other schools where a dual threat would be told he wasn't gettit done at the QB position but would happily move to another position like safety or wr. And the player would do it.

With saying that about ISU and QBs, I think the Cyclones have the most NFL QBs currently playing in the league out of any Big 12 school. S. Wallace and S. Rosenfels-can't believe that dude is still playing.

The kids a quitter, i dont want him here. He should have atleast played out the year and saw where he was at. For a kid to quit 5 games into a season you have to have some real ego issues. Plus he chose ISU over NU, why should we take him back. He turned his back on us when we saw the position he should be playing WR or in the secondary but Chizik promised him QB so he left. Hope he enjoys playing for USD.

well, hold on now......one would have to know the real circumstances surrounding his decision.....could be valid reasons, who knows??

but for him to come here, i suspect he would have to come knowing he wasn't going to play qb here........don't see that happening, although he is a pretty good athlete.....would have to be sure what kind of 'tude he was coming with as well, along with his expectations vs. ours.......so, i certainly wouldn't rule him out, but there sure would be lots of questions too.

Well...all rumors you understand...but from what I HEARD, Bates has seen the writing on the wall. Arnaud is a Sophmore and a better QB than Bates, who is also a Sophmore...AND...Tiller, a Freshman, has actually been grading out the last couple of weeks better than either of the other two...so...seeing himself as a backup to Arnaud or Tiller for the next two years didn't quite appeal to Mr Bates...nor did switching to wide out (where, frankly, ISU really doesn't need him since that is a well stocked position) or tailback appeal to him (as was suggested...from what I HEARD...by a member or two of the coaching staff). He wanted to be a QB but he didn't want to hold a clipboard.

Like most of the kids you see today...if you can't get what you want, take your marbles and go home (though if the guy had any marbles he would have held out through the end of the year). No great loss though...he really did run the offense like he didn't have much of a clue about how it worked. After two years, I kind of expected a little more out of him....

I think part of the problem is that he wasn't even given the illusion of being able to QB for NU, where ISU had sold him on it. If he wants to come here and play WR/S, why the hell not? He is a tremendous athlete.

Right on. Bring the kid in I mean he has NU in his blood. THey should have just told him he would have a chance at QB so he would have come here in the first place.

Kind of like Stevie Hicks they should have told him he could try RB but still moved him to LB because that is where he belonged. NOTE: Cy not starting another Hicks thing just maing an example.

only thing keeping him from NU is that he would be a senior before he would actually see the field.......he is a soph and per big 12 rules when you transfer within conference, you lose your normal year of eligibility and another year. he still has a redshirt year left but it would still make him a senior before he could play......