Your QB of the Future!

I think part of the problem is that he wasn't even given the illusion of being able to QB for NU, where ISU had sold him on it. If he wants to come here and play WR/S, why the hell not? He is a tremendous athlete.

Right on. Bring the kid in I mean he has NU in his blood. THey should have just told him he would have a chance at QB so he would have come here in the first place.

Kind of like Stevie Hicks they should have told him he could try RB but still moved him to LB because that is where he belonged. NOTE: Cy not starting another Hicks thing just maing an example.

Not flaming you CY, but didn't ISU do that with another RB out of Omaha (Not S. Hicks either) in the early 2000s where NU recruited him to play safety and ISU sells him that they will play him at RB. Next thing you know in a couple years he's starting at safety for ISU. The name escapes me, maybe a Omaha Central kid??

Well...all rumors you understand...but from what I HEARD, Bates has seen the writing on the wall. Arnaud is a Sophmore and a better QB than Bates, who is also a Sophmore...AND...Tiller, a Freshman, has actually been grading out the last couple of weeks better than either of the other two...so...seeing himself as a backup to Arnaud or Tiller for the next two years didn't quite appeal to Mr Bates...nor did switching to wide out (where, frankly, ISU really doesn't need him since that is a well stocked position) or tailback appeal to him (as was suggested...from what I HEARD...by a member or two of the coaching staff). He wanted to be a QB but he didn't want to hold a clipboard.

Like most of the kids you see today...if you can't get what you want, take your marbles and go home (though if the guy had any marbles he would have held out through the end of the year). No great loss though...he really did run the offense like he didn't have much of a clue about how it worked. After two years, I kind of expected a little more out of him....

Y'all could be 4-1 looking to possibly go to 5-1 as you make the trip down to Waco this Saturday. The overtime loss to UNLV (damn) and a 20pt lead against KU that ultimately should have been a victory (double damn). I blame the loss on the 2pt try. Then after the last score it would have gone to OT... with a Cy Cyclone win!

You guys are tough this year, no question.

And I actually like the imitation uni's. I really do.

Not flaming you CY, but didn't ISU do that with another RB out of Omaha (Not S. Hicks either) in the early 2000s where NU recruited him to play safety and ISU sells him that they will play him at RB. Next thing you know in a couple years he's starting at safety for ISU. The name escapes me, maybe a Omaha Central kid??

JaMaine Billups

I played against Bates in a flag football league in Omaha, in the winter after his Senior season. I'm certainly no scout, but the kid was an awesome athlete. I remember him throwing a 50 yard bomb off his back foot while he was getting rushed. He has a lot of agility and strength at his size.

I think he's built to be a D-I wide receiver if anything.

For some reason, he was on a team with Pat Ricketts and Randy "puff-puff-pass" Stella. :smokin

JaMaine Billups

Yea, that's the name. That Dan McCartney was a good coach for ISU and a helluva sweet talker/recruiter for ISU. That or his assistant Coach Grant was-IDK.

Eh...I think our QB situation is pretty solid for the near future.

:sarcasm What little we have seen of anyone, not sure how you can make that assessment. If your talking about the Spring Game, I wasn't impressed there at all with anyone but Ganz. If your talking near future as in this year...maybe the only bright spot on this team. Next year, who knows...we don't even really know who is the front runner at this point.

Whoever it is might second guess really wanting the job next year. Could be one of those years like Colt McCoy had last year, no protection and getting the snot beat out of ya. :sarcasm

We're actually talking about having a player come to the Huskers after quitting at ISO and it would help our team. I know things are bad but I had no idea.

Honey, where did you say you put that new rope?

Unbelievable!

SUPERBUNNY

:yeah First of all, he wouldn't be able to play right away because he is a transfer. Secondly, I think we could do better if we were to transfer in a kid. I wish that Bo would use the game to get someone else some experience if it gets to be a blow out. Ganz is only here for this season, then *poof* we are standing around scratching out nuts wondering who the next QB should be. I know Witt is next in line on the depth chart, but I am still not sold on him, merely because we haven't really seen that much of him. He may or may not be the starter next year...who knows.

I do know that if we don't start getting someone some experience we are going to be in a world of hurt next season when it comes to the position of QB...it will almost be like starting the transition all over, but then we still don't know for sure what we are supposed to be transitioning to. I keep hearing "balanced" and "power running game" from Bo...which is it? I know we don't currently have the personnel to run the ball, that much I do know...or they are hiding that aspect of the offense really well. If we are going to be a running team, the QB needs to be mobile. The only thing that is keeping Ganz alive right now is the fact that he can throw on the run, because the protection is breaking down about every play.

freshman qbs are not totally unheard of, so a guy who has been in our system, on scout teams, etc. should be able to play reasonably well even his 1st year starting, PROVIDED he has some run support to take some weight off his shoulders.......er, yeah, we could be in deep kimchi next year!

Mmmmm...rotten cabbage