Quarterback game decisions

Colfax

I think Ganz played a great game. It is to bad Callahan made the decision to bring Kellor into the program for a one year effort. Had Ganz been the quarterback the entire last season the win/loss record then would have probably been the same, however, his game pressure decision making this year would probably been greatly enhanced.

Regardless, this game and the effort diplayed in many areas might well be remembered as the beginning of the turn around for the program even though a loss.

i love me some joe ganz, but unfortunately he's made some real sophomore decisions this season... becasue for all intents and purposes he is a sophomore quarterback.

if he would have had an extra year... who knows? but man, under the gun and to the wire, the kid is a player. mad props to the white boy from chigago!

Give me a break. Callahan is gone. Get over it!!

So callihan's coaching hasn't affected this current team, full of his players, at all? Because if it has, it's worth discussing. I think that Cally had a bad "win quick" strategy of bringing in transfers and jucos that has left us with a bunch of inexperienced players who were not developed well. It's important. Unless TT was WAAY over-rated, then NU has been improving like mad over the past few weeks.

It's easy for us to say he should have eaten the ball, but the coaches have been on his case to throw it out of bounds rather than taking the sack. This is exactly what he was trying to do, but unfortunately he was on his way down and didn't exactly get any mustard on it to get it out of bounds. Bad break, but it happens.

Joe plays well but the play calling may be suspect. This is the first game when he rolled left. I've been fired too many times in my life to call for someone eles to be let go but I don't think Watson is going to be around for a long time. I also think Joe has to make some quicker decisions and then pull the trigger. This cound be caused by a system that is a bit over complicated or the fact that Joe's real game experience is limited.

I liked what I saw Sat. but we still have a long way to go.

T_O_B