Niles Paul

I heard ESPN say recently that for nebraska to really succeed bigtime, they need to start doing some real recruiting and stop taking all these "walk ons".

I got my shotgun and blew my TV up. Niles Paul bitches.

paul was no walk on, how about this name MATT F'ING HOLT

Its interesting that Holt is starting over the highly touted 4 star Wil Compton. Just goes to show you that ratings mean nothing.

Or it shows that they want to redshirt Compton...

I heard ESPN say recently that for nebraska to really succeed bigtime, they need to start doing some real recruiting and stop taking all these "walk ons".

Its interesting that Holt is starting over the highly touted 4 star Wil Compton. Just goes to show you that ratings mean nothing.

I think Compton is a good player, but with the lack of depth we have, I was first surprised when i heard he was red shirted. Holt was supposed to RS too.

I think Compton is a good player, but with the lack of depth we have, I was first surprised when i heard he was red shirted. Holt was supposed to RS too.

Bo wants to win this year, but its pretty clear to me he is gearing up for next year and beyond. we have several people redshirting that could help right now, namely Henry and Steinkuhler... I wouldnt be surprised at all to see both starting next year

Bo wants to win this year, but its pretty clear to me he is gearing up for next year and beyond. we have several people redshirting that could help right now, namely Henry and Steinkuhler... I wouldnt be surprised at all to see both starting next year

Mel:

You are right on. It is clear that Bo is forward thinking --- B. Steinkuler, Toiola, Compton, DE Williams, PJ Smith, Lester Ward, C. Okafor, .... a good array of talented players who, theoretically could contribute now have been red-shirted. I am glad that Bo has both the present, but especially the future in view. So far, Bo has shown himself well at NU. I have every confidence that he is going to be a great coach. The only thing I wish is that the young QB (be it Witt or Lee) sees the field, ideally a great deal this season.

Mel:

You are right on. It is clear that Bo is forward thinking --- B. Steinkuler, Toiola, Compton, DE Williams, PJ Smith, Lester Ward, C. Okafor, .... a good array of talented players who, theoretically could contribute now have been red-shirted. I am glad that Bo has both the present, but especially the future in view. So far, Bo has shown himself well at NU. I have every confidence that he is going to be a great coach. The only thing I wish is that the young QB (be it Witt or Lee) sees the field, ideally a great deal this season.

I hear ya. hopefully that opportunity presents itself in the next 2 games.

Compton has had some shoulder problems. IIRC, he either had surgery or will have surgery to correct a problem. So that is why he is not playing.

Also I agree with the posters who say Paul needs to more involved. He and Curenski still need to be given the shot to stretch the field in this offense. It sucks though that Joe has a noodle for an arm but we still have to get their speed on the field somehow.

I'm glad he has established himself as a legit return threat. Also glad we are getting him the ball a little more on offense. Him and Holt are going to be huge for us next year. I want to get them the ball just as much as Peterson and Swift. I think they are damn good players.

And arent just possession wr's, they have the ability to make game breaking plays.

I'm glad he has established himself as a legit return threat. Also glad we are getting him the ball a little more on offense. Him and Holt are going to be huge for us next year. I want to get them the ball just as much as Peterson and Swift. I think they are damn good players.

And arent just possession wr's, they have the ability to make game breaking plays.

Sophmore like Dez Bryant, he's no Dez!

Compton has had some shoulder problems. IIRC, he either had surgery or will have surgery to correct a problem. So that is why he is not playing.

Also I agree with the posters who say Paul needs to more involved. He and Curenski still need to be given the shot to stretch the field in this offense. It sucks though that Joe has a noodle for an arm but we still have to get their speed on the field somehow.

the passing game should be different next year with swift, peterson and ganz all leaving. if I am not mistaken dont both lee and witt have strong arms?

***SNIP***

Willie, do you know whether those problems date back to his time in high school, or is it something that has happened since he got on campus? I'm guessing the former...

He has had shoulder issues since his senior season. There are some torn ligaments that need surgery to correct, but that would eliminate him from playing if the need be. He can play with it just fine, I causes some slippage though and it needs to be fixed for sure. I think at this point they are waiting on the surgery, and will do it right at the end of the season.

Yeah, NP is looking better and better. Seems like he had more rcving touches vs TT.

But I can see why Swift and Peterson are the starters, those guys r MONEY. It think it was Swift made a helluva sideline grab in the 2nd half and Pete made the td catch that tied it @ 31.

Paul can get ya at least 30yds or so on rtrns on ave.

Would like to see Mendoza on the field more too; he's got moves and speed.