Call me a pessimist!

Gotta love when people take a pessimistic view and then couch it in "realism" as if they're the only one who sees THE TRUTH. If you have an opinion, express it, but don't act like you're the only "realistic" person here.

Read "take it to the bank" and "2nd half of the season." I may not be the only realist, but there are way more kool-aid drinkers than not. Of course, I too hope we go 4-2 or 5-1.

Some of you actually act like you are insulted when people have hope for their team? If we play the rest of the season like we did Saturday we will go 4-2 or 5-1..................show me actual facts that would lead me to believe if we don't play like we did Saturday we would lose all of these games.

ISU-horrible team

BU-not buying into it besides the QB they aren't that good.

OU-good team, probably a loss.

KU-ranked below TT and we have them at home. Not the same KU ISU showed that.

KSU-another bad team, I've watched them more than once this season and haven't been impressed.

CU-sliding downhill fast, QB is less than steller and their offense can't get going. Too many injuries.

Yes, IF we play like we did Saturday. We have played 6 games - 5 uninspired performances and one good game. It is unrealistic to think we will play well 6 weeks in a row. Predicting 4-2 or 5-1 isn't hope, not unless you have a lamp with a genie inside of it.

So uh.... I'd love to know When did we struggle vs New Mexico st? I was at that game and unless I was brainwashed and given other memories, we stomped them 38-7 and it was never a contest. Our team is playing a lot better(or at least did last game) and I have hope for them. That's fine if you do not, but god damn. Some of you need to Man up, grow some balls and root for your team. Its not so terrible that some of us actually have hope for this team and will stand behind them. I for one am DAMN PROUD of my Huskers this past Saturday.

What I want to know is how do we win this weekend?

The real key to getting a victory is scoring just one more point against ISU. If that happens, take it to the bank it will be a Husker W.

And yes, you are a pessimist but half the cure is acknowledging you have a problem!

BGR!

SUPERBUNNY

Gotta love when people take a pessimistic view and then couch it in "realism" as if they're the only one who sees THE TRUTH. If you have an opinion, express it, but don't act like you're the only "realistic" person here.

Read "take it to the bank" and "2nd half of the season." I may not be the only realist, but there are way more kool-aid drinkers than not. Of course, I too hope we go 4-2 or 5-1.

Some of you actually act like you are insulted when people have hope for their team? If we play the rest of the season like we did Saturday we will go 4-2 or 5-1..................show me actual facts that would lead me to believe if we don't play like we did Saturday we would lose all of these games.

ISU-horrible team

KSU-another bad team, I've watched them more than once this season and haven't been impressed.

CU-sliding downhill fast, QB is less than steller and their offense can't get going. Too many injuries.

Yes, IF we play like we did Saturday. We have played 6 games - 5 uninspired performances and one good game. It is unrealistic to think we will play well 6 weeks in a row. Predicting 4-2 or 5-1 isn't hope, not unless you have a lamp with a genie inside of it.

we dont need to play like we did saturday to beat ISU, Kstate, Baylor or CU. just KU or OU(we will probably need to play better)none of those first four are anywhere near the caliber of a team as tech or vtech for that matter(who we played close as well) just look at the tech/k state score.

ISU-horrible team

Funny because I think that given a few play changes here and there, NU could easily be 5-1 right now. They had a good chance to beat VT, made too many mistakes. The obviously had a great shot to beat TT. True enough they didn't execute well enough to beat either of those two teams by only a slim margin. Those are two teams that are ranked in the top 20 and top 10 respectively. I don't think NU is that far off from being a ranked team. I think 4-2 or 5-1 down the stretch with the way NU is playing and improving is not that far off.

we dont need to play like we did saturday to beat ISU, Kstate, Baylor or CU. just KU or OU(we will probably need to play better)none of those first for are anywhere near the caliber of a team as tech or vtech for that matter(who we played close as well) just look at the tech/k state score.

i agree completely with that... our schedule, minus OU, gets much easier from here on out.. obviously.... and it seems to be that VaTech's loss to ECU was just a fluke.. they are winning games and finding ways to win them... thats the sign of a good team... they may very well be playing sometime in january.

Yes underdog teams do rise up and play above their heads.

I hope one underdog does that in Ames on saturday.

but I'm not counting on it...

still sticking to my january prediction--

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6

7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

take the week off BO!!

I really think the way we played offense this last week is key to winning the rest of these games. Keep the opposing teams offense off the field and cut their possessions and you have a good chance to win. Our defense seems to play okay with the run as long as teams aren't trying to get the corner on us. I think we could very easily go 4-2 over the next few games, but if we play the way we did Saturday we go 5-1 IMO.

Isn't that what our offense did before the Callahan West Coast Offense experiment?

Shoot, Ganz was 37 of 45 (that's 82%) for 3576 yards. I don't think that's bad. Would you rather have him playing for Eastern Michigan or Northwestern? I'm glad he's at Nebraska and some of you need to give the coaches some slack and have faith that recruiting and winning will be better in the years to come.

Shoot, Ganz was 37 of 45 (that's 82%) for 3576 yards. I don't think that's bad. Would you rather have him playing for Eastern Michigan or Northwestern? I'm glad he's at Nebraska and some of you need to give the coaches some slack and have faith that recruiting and winning will be better in the years to come.

Holy hell! I missed like 3200 yards of that, but that is damn good! (just messing with you) :)

I really think the way we played offense this last week is key to winning the rest of these games. Keep the opposing teams offense off the field and cut their possessions and you have a good chance to win. Our defense seems to play okay with the run as long as teams aren't trying to get the corner on us. I think we could very easily go 4-2 over the next few games, but if we play the way we did Saturday we go 5-1 IMO.

I think you're right about what we did on offense. But, it's excactly the same thing we tried to do against Missouri, and it didn't work then. If we can do that every week, then 4-2/5-1 is feasible, but I just don't have faith that we can execute that well week in and week out, and I don't think any of the defenses we're gonna face here on out are that much worse than TT.

I think you're right about what we did on offense. But, it's excactly the same thing we tried to do against Missouri, and it didn't work then. If we can do that every week, then 4-2/5-1 is feasible, but I just don't have faith that we can execute that well week in and week out, and I don't think any of the defenses we're gonna face here on out are that much worse than TT.

We very well may have tried that against Missery, but we obviously didn't execute at all compared to the way we played against TT. Someone mentioned earlier that we used to play offense like this before Callahan and they are obviously right. We controlled the clock and just drove people into the ground. It works that's for damn sure............... :horns2

Not to add to the doom-and-gloom, but before getting hopes too high, bear in mind that it's difficult to assess just how good Texas Tech is given their schedule to date.

Hopefully, Tech is pretty damn good, and the game against them was a turning point.

But it could just as easily be a case of Tech being VASTLY overrated...