A visit to GBR board.

TuffTiger

I think MU bounces back this week. I'm still not convinced texas is coached well enough to put forth a complete effort every week.

coached well enough? they trailed five times to oklahoma and came back EACH TIME!!!!! if that's not coaching, i don't know what is.

Good players making plays?

The players deserve as much if not more credit for something like that. Mack Brown can't dodge linebackers so well.

I think MU bounces back this week. I'm still not convinced texas is coached well enough to put forth a complete effort every week.

coached well enough? they trailed five times to oklahoma and came back EACH TIME!!!!! if that's not coaching, i don't know what is.

year in and year out texas has more talent than anyone in the big 12. the one a big game... big deal. lets see them do it again and I will give them more credit. they will get plenty of chances this year... their schedule is brutal

Good players making plays?

The players deserve as much if not more credit for something like that. Mack Brown can't dodge linebackers so well.

No, but he sure can recruit them. Mack Brown isn't the best coach in the Big 12. However, year in and year out he has lots of talent. Muschamp may very well be the best D coordinator in the Big 12. McCoy went through a sophomore slump last year, but he's a player. Look how good Texas has been in the past when they have a good/great QB. The game against Mizzou will be physical. Mizzou won't have the home crowd on their side. It will be interesting to see which Mizzou team shows up and for that matter which Texas team shows up. If I'm betting on this one, I say Texas by 10. However, week in and week out we see big upsets.

Texas web but it is to big and to many question"s so I left and came here for a break. I will today.

You"re simple"s are to big,sorry.

TuffTiger

TuffTig..

Here's a Simple" fer ya..

bunnies.jpg

pancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gifpancakebunny.gif

BTW (by the way)..Why do you call them "Simple"s"?

I hope you let us know which Shorthorn board you've been posting on and also if you find a nother ..It may be tuff to find a good one for when GBR plays them...The ones I've seen in the past were mighty funny, but I lost my bookmarks. :madash

SwedishChef.jpg..................

You are kidding me, right? I would make that argument against Pinkel and Mizzou, not Texas and Mack Brown.

Wow.

You would argue that Mack Brown is a better coach than Pinkel? I have to disagree. Mack Brown consistently fields under achieving teams with world-class talent. The guy should write a book on how to squander talent. Texas has a top 5 recruiting class virtually every year since the mid 90s, and they have only 1 NC to show for it. As far as I am concerned, the only saving grace of the Texas coaching staff is Will Muschamp.

I would also argue that the current Mizzou team is extremely well coached by a guy who knows how to use the weapons he has. It would not surprise me if they beat Texas.

You are kidding me, right? I would make that argument against Pinkel and Mizzou, not Texas and Mack Brown.

Wow.

You would argue that Mack Brown is a better coach than Pinkel? I have to disagree. Mack Brown consistently fields under achieving teams with world-class talent. The guy should write a book on how to squander talent. Texas has a top 5 recruiting class virtually every year since the mid 90s, and they have only 1 NC to show for it. As far as I am concerned, the only saving grace of the Texas coaching staff is Will Muschamp.

I would also argue that the current Mizzou team is extremely well coached by a guy who finally knows how to use the weapons he has. It would not surprise me if they beat Texas.

Do you remember that great drop-back passer, Brad Smith

Wow.

I would also argue that the current Mizzou team is extremely well coached by a guy who knows how to use the weapons he has. It would not surprise me if they beat Texas.

Where to start....

Mack Brown has won 9 games every year at Texas and 10 for the last 7. I would argue that Pinkel has wasted more good talent than Pelini has on his roster. You honestly believe that Pinkel knows how to use the talent he has? Even a blind dog finds a tree to piss on, and that is what you have with Daniel and Maclin.

Brad Smith has been brought up, but this team has underacheived for years. With the talent he has now it is no wonder he is winning when it doesn't matter, yet still manages to be unable to get over the hump and win any kind of a championship whatsoever. Mack Brown has won not only a conference title, something Pinkel hasn't done and won't do this year, and a National Championship.

Only one NC, you say. That is idiotic. Only one is more than 7 teams in the Big 12 have ever won.

I also don't put much stock into these so-called recruiting experts. You can plainly see that product on the field in Lincoln right now. They don't know they're a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to what these kids will do on the field in college.

I seem to remember a coach that we all loved that didn't win a NC for 22 years, squandered a lot of chances, but won 9 games every year. Mack Brown has a lot in common with Tom Osborne.

You just are blind to it because he coaches Texas.

I read a few things about this upcoming game and I wanted to give a little of my insight. First and foremost the question as to whether or not Mack Brown is a good coach or not I think was put to bed last week with a well thought out game plan against OU. Second, I do not like what I saw from Mizzou last week against OSU. Yes, OSU is a fine football team, but this was a game where Mizzou had a chance to shine on primetime and miserably failed. If you cannot beat OSU at home on primetime then why would someone think they can beat the #1 team in the nation on an ABC nationally televised primetime game on the road? I just do not see it happening, of course they still have to play the game so I could be wrong.

I read a few things about this upcoming game and I wanted to give a little of my insight. First and foremost the question as to whether or not Mack Brown is a good coach or not I think was put to bed last week with a well thought out game plan against OU. Second, I do not like what I saw from Mizzou last week against OSU. Yes, OSU is a fine football team, but this was a game where Mizzou had a chance to shine on primetime and miserably failed. If you cannot beat OSU at home on primetime then why would someone think they can beat the #1 team in the nation on an ABC nationally televised primetime game on the road? I just do not see it happening, of course they still have to play the game so I could be wrong.

because mizzo chokes...or do we go with the si or espn or what ever jinx? mack brown is a good coach, not the greatest but he's a good coach, he works hard, he's loyal to his guys. and hell i get to watch mcdanials get bitch slapped by his team, what's not to like?