Cy Picks The Winners In Week Nine

Here it is Week #9 and, while I sit here and basking in my amazing 33-11 correct prediction results, I am still humble enough to admit one thing…that the entire state of Kansas is royally screwing up my predictions. The Jayhawks have totally let me down when I picked them over USF and Oklahoma…and Kansas State…I think they bet against me in Vegas. I say they will win…they lose. I say they will lose and they win. This state, home of one tree and a lot of horizon, has accounted for 5 of my 11 loses…stupid state... :angry: Now, on to this week’s exciting match-ups:

Texas Tech (7-0) at Kansas (5-2) - Conventional wisdom would tell me that if I pick Kansas to pull off the upset against Texas Tech, they are bound to lose it. Therefore this week I will pick Kansas to beat Texas Tech. I still don’t think Tech has much of a defense and I am getting tired of watching South teams clobber teams out of the North. Kansas…you’re on my list. Pull off the upset or Cy will be upset!

Kansas (6-2) over Texas Tech (7-1)

Oklahoma (6-1) at Kansas State (4-3) – No upset here. Hopefully K-State enjoyed their time with a winning record because it all stops here as they begin their death march through Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. Oklahoma has lost their usual one game in the conference and won’t even have to break a sweat till the middle of November. The South is going to be one big mess at the end of this year.

Oklahoma (7-1) over Kansas State (4-4)

Baylor (3-4) at Nebraska (4-3) - These two teams should both thank Iowa State for putting them back on the college football map. Baylor was struggling along in relative anonymity until ISU showed up. Now, after a sound thrashing, Baylor is a “team on the rise”. Nebraska was toiling toward a relatively mediocre season until they showed up in Ames. Now, after a sound thrashing, they are in the running for the Big 12 North title. Both teams ought to send ISU a thank you card…or their condolences. Nebraska should beat Baylor based on experience and home field advantage.

Nebraska (5-3) over Baylor (3-5)

Oklahoma State (7-0) at Texas (7-0) – Two heavyweights of the South slug it out, helping to provide more fodder to the “Big 10 and Pac 10 suck because they don’t have a playoff at the end of the year like the Big 12 and SEC” theory of football logic. This one is kind of a “you pick em” type of game but, based on the common opponent (Missouri), it appears that Texas has more firepower available to them than OK State does. OK-State is good but it takes them forever to score (though they eventually do), while Texas just runs and guns it. Should be a good one

Texas (8-0) over OK-State (7-1)

Colorado (4-3) at Missouri (5-2) – What’s up with Colorado anyway? Started the season with a lot of bowl hype and now they have to face Missouri, a resurgent Nebraska, Oklahoma State and a Texas A&M team that will have beaten ISU soundly. The only sure thing they have coming up is…yes…ISU. Things aren’t looking good here. Missouri, and hopefully Chase “beer gut” Daniel have learned a thing or two over the last couple of game…like humility. They should get back on track against Colorado.

Missouri (6-2) over Colorado (4-4)

Finally…last AND least

Texas A&M (2-5) at Iowa State (2-5) – A&M has shown absolutely nothing over the past couple of games…and that’s what they will need to beat Iowa State…nothing. Heck, less than nothing might put the game into overtime. A&M doesn’t seem to have quit trying yet…Iowa State looks like they have. The “Get Rid Of Chizek” cries can already be heard across the state…and somewhere in Florida Dan McCarney is laughing his ass off.

Texas A&M (3-5) over Iowa State (2-6)

So there you have it. When the smoke clears after this weekend, there will be only one undefeated team left in the Big 12. The logjam for the top of both divisions has never really broken lose and just about everyone in the North is still eligible to win that division…with the exception of Iowa State of course…. <_<

I agree with all except for UT over OSU.....The Cowboys have jumped out in front of UT in the past 4 years and watched the lead slip late in the game and end up losing. The is a different team that will give UT fits and I think if they win the ground game against a very good Longhorn rush D, OSU pulls the upset. IMO this game is a coin flip......

The South division is going to get crazy in the next couple weeks.

I agree with all except for UT over OSU.....The Cowboys have jumped out in front of UT in the past 4 years and watched the lead slip late in the game and end up losing. The is a different team that will give UT fits and I think if they win the ground game against a very good Longhorn rush D, OSU pulls the upset. IMO this game is a coin flip......

The South division is going to get crazy in the next couple weeks.

You know, I would agree with you except for one thing. I think that McCoy was a huge issue of why Ut had problems the past few years. It seems to me that McCoy has so far had a huge turn around this year and will put UT in the championship game.

I like your picks Cy.. enjoyable views.. good stuff.

Having said that...

T-Tech beats KU

OU over KSU

Huskers back at home, win close (early games..)

OSU finally knocks off UT (see NCAA / Big 12 thread)

MU over CU

Kansas will prolly score 40 points. But their corners are slow and they are not playing Sam Houston State. Dont' let the Tech / A&M score fool you. That's a big I HATE YOU game between them. This week Tech will score over 50, maybe 60.

I like your picks Cy.. enjoyable views.. good stuff.

Having said that...

T-Tech beats KU

OU over KSU

Huskers back at home, win close (early games..)

OSU finally knocks off UT (see NCAA / Big 12 thread)

MU over CU

Kansas will prolly score 40 points. But their corners are slow and they are not playing Sam Houston State. Dont' let the Tech / A&M score fool you. That's a big I HATE YOU game between them. This week Tech will score over 50, maybe 60.

God I hope your wrong! Chris Harris (KU CB) has looked terrible. He is slow, always out of position and I counted at least 5 times where he used terrible form and got turned around many times trying to keep up with OU receivers. The guy has struggled all season long. I think KU can win this game, but I'm not willing to bet on them. Vegas isn't giving away free money this week boys. <_<

Very nice post! I hope aTm brings 'less than nothing'(lol) for Cy's sake-for ALL our sakes: to give Clones(p.s. ty!) a shot in OT.

Agree w every pick and would add that Pokes r NOT a 'heavyweight'. I'm pulling 4 them though...

In the other compelling game, KU should take out an overrated TT: i just think KU is the better team.

Mizzou won't have much problem w Puffs but we can all hold our collective nose and root 4 a Puff upset.

Don't see any surprises in the other games. :nanalama