Our chances versus KU

Well I think we should all move on from the disaster in Norman and start focusing on KU and how that will play out. KU ripped KSU's defense this weekend, I expect them to do the same to the Huskers. We will need to improve in a lot of areas if we want to have any chance. KU might not be as good as last year, but I still think they are more talented than the Huskers and have a better chance of winning than NU does.

I think a win is possible, we probably have about a 1 in 3 shot of winning, as long as the offense clicks and doesn't turn it over, we limit penalties and win the turnover battle, and go on clock churning scoring drives. If we get in a hole early I think that we won't have a chance of coming back, we really need to start off strong with a TD drive on our first possession. Even after this weeks pounding I'm still hoping for the best, the players rebounded well after the Missouri game, so I am hoping they can do the same this week.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

That was the K-St. defense that KU was abusing on Saturday not OU's. C'mon they took a very mediocre RB in Sharp and made him look like the second coming of Gale Sayers. This will not happen this Saturday. The key will be keeping Reesing contained. Take care of that problem and we should win this game, as the KU defense is really under achieving this year. Of course that's easier said than done.

Be careful calling Sharp a mediocre running back. Everytime I watch him, he impresses me. Runs hard, sees the field well, and has the speed to take it the distance. With NU's defense, I would be very cautious calling anyone "mediocure". We have made a habit of making average players look like all-americans. Remember that VT was ranked 105th in offense, and made us look pretty bad. Reesing, Sharp, and Briscoe are extremely dangerous, and if anyone thinks otherwise, take off the Big Red goggles !!!!!!!

I really think that NU can win this game, but this is a dangerous offense that can make our "mediocre" defense look horrible.

I would say 50-50 at very best.

That was the K-St. defense that KU was abusing on Saturday not OU's. C'mon they took a very mediocre RB in Sharp and made him look like the second coming of Gale Sayers. This will not happen this Saturday. The key will be keeping Reesing contained. Take care of that problem and we should win this game, as the KU defense is really under achieving this year. Of course that's easier said than done.

yes it could. the best way I would describe this team right now is inconsistent. if we come out playing stupid they will tear us up

Your chances vs KU are zero...seriously though this should be a great game. I thought both of our teams would have a better W/L record but football is a fickle mistress. I am going to this game and cant wait for saturday. Heres to a good game huskerfan

Careful there Beaker. Your first sentence conveys real arrogance, and no small amount of ignorance. The two could combine for your downfall, and boy would that make me happy...

This NU team is perfectly capable of giving the Jayhoax all they want, and then some. Remember what they did against Texas Tech, at Lubbock no less.

Okay, so you had a one-in-a-million scorefest in Low-Rents last year, but this year you're playing in Lincoln. If Husker Nation shows up (and you know they will), and the team shows up (I'm betting they will), your fan base just might have to put down their caviar and champagne and actually start paying attention. The game's called football. It's played with this oblong leather thingy...

To the Husker faithful: Why didn't any of you call this clown out? You going to let him write something like that on your board without answering in some way?