Special Teams Coach?

We really should have one guy that is responsible for this. Aside from the 2 kick returns the special teams play has really been lacking. The punting looked good on Saturday though so I trust that these coaches will get the problems taken care of.

We do. His name is John Papuchis.

John Papuchis joined the Nebraska coaching staff after spending the past four seasons on the football staff at LSU. Papuchis will serve as the Huskers’ defensive ends coach and will also play a leading role with the Huskers' special teams.

We really should have one guy that is responsible for this. Aside from the 2 kick returns the special teams play has really been lacking. The punting looked good on Saturday though so I trust that these coaches will get the problems taken care of.

John Papuchis joined the Nebraska coaching staff after spending the past four seasons on the football staff at LSU. Papuchis will serve as the Huskers’ defensive ends coach and will also play a leading role with the Huskers' special teams.

If this is the case and he is in charge of the kickers and coverage teams then what are they doing different from last year that has led them to take steps backwards?

Like I said the punting looked good against OU so maybe they have the kicking problems shored up and now they will get the coverage on taken care of.

Also if he plays a “leading role” why doesn’t he get to carry the title? Would that mean he would have to get paid more?

If this is the case and he is in charge of the kickers and coverage teams then what are they doing different from last year that has led them to take steps backwards?

Like I said the punting looked good against OU so maybe they have the kicking problems shored up and now they will get the coverage on taken care of.

Also if he plays a “leading role” why doesn’t he get to carry the title? Would that mean he would have to get paid more?

First year under Pelini: Fielding punts, one return for a TD

First year under the-coach-who-shall-not-be-named: Call for a fair catch and run away from it like a little school girl.

First year under the-coach-who-shall-not-be-named: Call for a fair catch and run away from it like a little school girl.

I said and you even highlighted it, kickers and coverage teams. I believe I said the 2 kick returns were a good thing.

I said and you even highlighted it, kickers and coverage teams. I believe I said the 2 kick returns were a good thing.

There was an article about this online at the LJS site, I will look for it. In a nutshell John P. is the overall one in charge of Special Teams, but each portion of the Special Teams has one of the coaches directly in charge of that aspect. They also spend a significant portion of every practice on special teams. They have gotten better in other areas as everyone mentioned, I guess I am a bit puzzled as well on the coverage portion.