LB Earnest Norman

Ohio Pete

I've heard he's a stud that has a nose for the ball, BUT he's a psychopath that has been in run ins with teammates and with the coaches.

I'm sure Coach Pelini has spoken to Mr. Norman and carefully explained to him that this type of behavior will not be tolerated at Nebraska. Anyone know who recruited him?

From what has been seen so far with Pelini, I would image that this staff would not take a lot of lip from a player. Tough love, if the rumors are true with this kid, could be just what this kid needs to reach is real potential. I just can't see a player getting away with mouthing off to Bo or Ekeler.

I take it that our win against Kansas landed him?

Didn't hurt, but he says he had always been interested in Nebraska but was not given an offer this spring as Nebraska wanted to see how he played in space. Impressed with his work this fall, Nebraska apparently offered, he visited, and you know the rest.

Probably like the loss to Oklahoma influenced Gabe Lynn.

I take it that our win against Kansas landed him?

Didn't hurt, but he says he had always been interested in Nebraska but was not given an offer this spring as Nebraska wanted to see how he played in space. Impressed with his work this fall, Nebraska apparently offered, he visited, and you know the rest.

Probably like the loss to Oklahoma influenced Gabe Lynn.

Said all along the big key to this class will be showing something on the field. This staff isn't much for spin and snake-oil. We need some progress to point to. If we can win-out this class will be pretty dang good.

You have to remember, alot of the negative stuff is said by Kansas fans. Where were they with this stuff while he was committed? Why is it that the concern only came up once he decided Kansas was not the place for him?

Sour grapes is all it is.

Not sour grapes. He has been inactive and on the bench for a few games this year because of him fighting and arguing with the coaches.

You have to remember, alot of the negative stuff is said by Kansas fans. Where were they with this stuff while he was committed? Why is it that the concern only came up once he decided Kansas was not the place for him?

Sour grapes is all it is.

Not sour grapes. He has been inactive and on the bench for a few games this year because of him fighting and arguing with the coaches.

That sucks :angry:

• 1 month later...

This kid is a awesome LB. Losing him really hurts.

Replacing him with Tana Patrick would sure soothe.

Besides Patrick, here are the rated LBs that still have interest in Nebraska according to Rivals:

Darius Moffett wants to commit to Illinois, but has grade problems

Jacquain Williams 4 :star JUCO (2/2) may want to get back to Florida

Eric Martin 3 :star Coaches visited school recently?

And that is it. Of course Nebraska already has 2 other LBs (Bodtmann and Williams) in this class and some redshirt Freshman from last year.

Might fill in with a JUCO next year if they strike out this year.