Lack of Respect

Did anyone on here attend the Big 12 Championship game in '06 against OU? Those a$$hole$ drowned out our band everytime we started to play anything. They also, as you know, play Boomer Sooner evertime they get a first down or any kind of defensive play. They are the most annoying band in the entire NCAA.

Part of this hatred could be because I was so damn cold that night my eyelids froze open!

Did anyone on here attend the Big 12 Championship game in '06 against OU? Those a$$hole$ drowned out our band everytime we started to play anything. They also, as you know, play Boomer Sooner evertime they get a first down or any kind of defensive play. They are the most annoying band in the entire NCAA.

Part of this hatred could be because I was so damn cold that night my eyelids froze open!

Ya..all I remember is the Boomer Sooner thing. That got annoying pretty quick. It was so cool seeing the stadium filled with frozen husker fans. It was a dumb idea to buy pop there...it froze in 10 minutes...literally.

I wasn't there, but at the bar I grinned a bit when they put down their instruments and started dancing to Thriller.

:laughpound yeah, disturbing at best.

So evidently you guys weren't at or aware that at the Baylor game, during halftime, the Cornhusker Marching Band did an entire Michael Jackson tribute featureing the exact same choreography to Thriller? Make sure that when you are mocking a retard that you aren't wearing velcro shoes.

You should try living in Okieland and hearing that stupid song every 5 seconds! :angry:

I wasn't there, but at the bar I grinned a bit when they put down their instruments and started dancing to Thriller.

:laughpound yeah, disturbing at best.

So evidently you guys weren't at or aware that at the Baylor game, during halftime, the Cornhusker Marching Band did an entire Michael Jackson tribute featureing the exact same choreography to Thriller? Make sure that when you are mocking a retard that you aren't wearing velcro shoes.

:clap:yeah

Also what was the deal with their band playing to simulate crowd noise when NU was backed up in the south end zone? The NU band never does that DURING a play. I thought it was kinda jv, but whatever.

Actually I thought that is against the rules, something about artificial noise being made.

Also what was the deal with their band playing to simulate crowd noise when NU was backed up in the south end zone? The NU band never does that DURING a play. I thought it was kinda jv, but whatever.

Actually I thought that is against the rules, something about artificial noise being made.

If that is the case, throw that on top of the mountain of awful calls missed/enforced this season.

I'm pretty sure your right caveman. I dont think you can play music or sound over the speakers and i'm pretty sure the band is included with that.

I'm pretty sure your right caveman. I dont think you can play music or sound over the speakers and i'm pretty sure the band is included with that.

If a school's marching band is playing while there is a live ball and it is preventing a team from hearing the play calls, the official can give a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct to the band.

'Boomer Sooner' is w/o a doubt the goofiest, most irritating theme. I don't mind the USC tune, they just play it too much.

And why do the Domers drum majors wear kilts? I thought that was just a Scottish thing. :dumdum

it's make it easier for them when they want to reach for their 'lucky charms'.