Virgina Tech (again) for a Bowl?

red_38

***SNIP***

On a side note, I'm betting the BCS committee is breathing a big sigh of relief now that Penn State lost.

And even if the committee isn't, PSU ought to be considering they'd end up facing some beast from the Big 12 or the SEC...

I don't get that logic, you would rather not go to a game because you will play a very tough team? You don't want a shot at a NC because you will have a tough time pulling it out?

Humor - H U M O R.

Given the "sucess" of the Big 10 in national title games of late...

Got ya now, sorry.

You want logic for saying Penn State isn't that good? Here you go...IOWA isn't good. They got trounced by Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State...and a host of other crap Big 10 schools. They have a freshman QB who can't throw unless things are perfect, and they have a running back who is going to be dead if he has to keep running the ball 100 times a game ever weekend, their pass defense (unless there is a favorable wind) is pathetic, their play calling is atrocious and their talent is thin and suspect.

I'd love to see Nebraska smash the Hawkeyes into little mounds of dust :angry:

Biased? Damn right!

You want logic for saying Penn State isn't that good? Here you go...IOWA isn't good. They got trounced by Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State...and a host of other crap Big 10 schools. They have a freshman QB who can't throw unless things are perfect, and they have a running back who is going to be dead if he has to keep running the ball 100 times a game ever weekend, their pass defense (unless there is a favorable wind) is pathetic, their play calling is atrocious and their talent is thin and suspect.

I'd love to see Nebraska smash the Hawkeyes into little mounds of dust :angry:

Biased? Damn right!

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it cy??

I want the logic that supports this statement:

beating penn state is less of an accomplishment than people would have you believe.

By saying that Iowa isn't good (your opinion btw), you are actually supporting my argument that Iowa upsetting 9-0 #3 PSU is indeed a considerable accomplishment. All the more so given your premise that Iowa isn't good.

However - goofy unsupported comments like these won't help YOUR case! :dumdum

They got trounced by Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State...and a host of other crap Big 10 schools.

A host of others? The host of others was Pitt - not a B10 school, crap or otherwise...

The mighty hawks lost FOUR games.

trounced?? Hardly.

actually genius, they lost all four games by a TOTAL of 12 points.

I know, I know...

Math is hard. :dumdum

While there is no denying that Stanzi has been, well... unpredictable at best and a negative at worst, Shonn Greene has been solid, number three rushing nationally and I believe he's leading the number of consecutive 100 yard games.

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Carries Net TDs Avg Ydspgm

1 Donald Brown, Connecticut RB JR 9 254 1406 15 5.54 156.22

2 Javon Ringer, Michigan St. RB SR 11 353 1548 20 4.39 140.73

3 Shonn Greene, Iowa RB JR 10 226 1374 13 6.08 137.40

BTW- (insert the Math thing here). Greene has carried 226 times in ten games.

I wish he'd carry about 50 times per game like my favorite college RB - troy davis.

Now Troy was a running back!

thanks for playing... you might want to study up a little next time. :nutz

BEAT KSU!!

I'd like a rematch with VaTech, but we already play them again next season anyway, so I'd look elsewhere.

Iowa would be a good match-up. Too bad the screwed-up BCS-rules only let two from a con get in. The 12 should have three and the 10 only one. Both Ohio State and PSU likely get in. Iowa will probably be up higher on the bowl totem-pole than they really belong and out of our reach.

I'd like a rematch with VaTech, but we already play them again next season anyway, so I'd look elsewhere.

Iowa will probably be up higher on the bowl totem-pole than they really belong and out of our reach.

I wish, Iowa may have won its last game this season, having shot their wad on psu. The mighty huskers will go 8-4.

BEAT KSU!!

Thats no fun, we get them next year to try and avenge the loss.

Give me someone like ND, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State, Georgia Tech etc...

Notre Dame sucks, I dont want 2 play them in a bowl game, that would be lame

I would take any chance to play the urin colored homers, If there is one school I hate whether they win or lose it is those guys.

They were listing possible bowl games on 1620 today. They said it would be the least likely to happen, but not out of the question. If Notre Dame loses to Navy this weekend the Gator Bowl can choose a Big 12 team over them. They have done this the last two years. Our opponent would be the 3rd best team in the ACC which most likely would be Georgia Tech, but if the season plays out right it could be Florida State.

In my opinion, that would be one hell of a bowl game for Bo's first year!

Sker's vs Nole's! Hell yea! :horns2

As of right now I'm a huge Navy fan!

Right now, i'm just happy we're bowl eligble.

If we played Va Tech, I think we could beat them. I know they've improved since then, but then again, so have we.

What we need is to get into a bowl against a team better than us, win, and hopefully will get us more solid prospects...

Sorry for the optimism...

They were listing possible bowl games on 1620 today. They said it would be the least likely to happen, but not out of the question. If Notre Dame loses to Navy this weekend the Gator Bowl can choose a Big 12 team over them. They have done this the last two years. Our opponent would be the 3rd best team in the ACC which most likely would be Georgia Tech, but if the season plays out right it could be Florida State.

Yeah, that would be a great bowl game because I hate Florida State with a passion! :horns2

Yeah, that would be a great bowl game because I hate all teams from Florida with a passion! :horns2

Fixed that for you...

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it cy??

I want the logic that supports this statement:

beating penn state is less of an accomplishment than people would have you believe.

By saying that Iowa isn't good (your opinion btw), you are actually supporting my argument that Iowa upsetting 9-0 #3 PSU is indeed a considerable accomplishment. All the more so given your premise that Iowa isn't good.

However - goofy unsupported comments like these won't help YOUR case! :dumdum

They got trounced by Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State...and a host of other crap Big 10 schools.

A host of others? The host of others was Pitt - not a B10 school, crap or otherwise...

The mighty hawks lost FOUR games.

trounced?? Hardly.

actually genius, they lost all four games by a TOTAL of 12 points.

I know, I know...

Math is hard. :dumdum

While there is no denying that Stanzi has been, well... unpredictable at best and a negative at worst, Shonn Greene has been solid, number three rushing nationally and I believe he's leading the number of consecutive 100 yard games.

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Carries Net TDs Avg Ydspgm

1 Donald Brown, Connecticut RB JR 9 254 1406 15 5.54 156.22

2 Javon Ringer, Michigan St. RB SR 11 353 1548 20 4.39 140.73

3 Shonn Greene, Iowa RB JR 10 226 1374 13 6.08 137.40

BTW- (insert the Math thing here). Greene has carried 226 times in ten games.

I wish he'd carry about 50 times per game like my favorite college RB - troy davis.

Now Troy was a running back!

thanks for playing... you might want to study up a little next time. :nutz

BEAT KSU!!

All right Clown (Golly…spelling must not have been one of my strong points either!) in support of my argument that Penn State is not that good…

Check their strength of schedule…I believe it’s 65th in the nation? Signature wins against who? Oregon State in the 2nd game of the season when they were just coming off a loss to Stanford? Illinois? That isn’t looking like much of a big deal now is it? Okay, throw in Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan…looks like the only ranked competition they’ve played against has been Ohio State…who has likewise cruised through a simple schedule. The only ranked opponent Ohio State has played outside of Penn State has been USC…who crushed them into the turf.

Okay…Penn State has beaten up a bunch of bottom feeders from some of the weakest conferences in college football. They could still be good huh? Well…I guess their passing offense would rank right around #11 in the Big 12…so that’s pretty good huh? Oh, but hey…they have a runner that’s put up big numbers…against some “formidable” rushing defenses (i.e. Michigan, Purdue). Oh well, the defense seems pretty decent anyway…against Big 11 caliber offenses. Stuff the box with 9 guys and you stuff most Big 11 offenses. Quick! Name the premier QB of the Big 11! Can’t do it huh? Don’t feel bad…not even fans of the Big 11 can do it without pausing to think about it for a while.

Basically, Penn State is an above average team that looks better than it is due to the laughable play of the other members of the Big 11. Move the most intelligent idiot out of the trailer park and into a normal neighborhood and he becomes the biggest moron on the block…kind of like when you move.

There is the defense of my argument…oh…and here is a picture for you since I know you are a big fan of Troy Davis. I even managed to find one that had that Nebraska guy in it…what was his name…Tommy something…? Anyway, they were both finalists for some silly trophy or something. Neither won.

bilde.jpg

I'm a rebel.

A Rebel Without A Coz….. <_<