What's going on with the Rankings???

bhunt7

I checked the AP, Coaches, and Harris Polls this morning and was shocked to see that Western Michigan and Kansas both earned votes this week. The Huskers just beat Kansas saturday yet the Jayhawks STILL get more respect. Does anybody have an explanation for this?

LINK

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/polls

Do you see ANY teams with four losses ranked??

NO.

There's your answer.

BEAT KSU!!

I checked the AP, Coaches, and Harris Polls this morning and was shocked to see that Western Michigan and Kansas both earned votes this week. The Huskers just beat Kansas saturday yet the Jayhawks STILL get more respect. Does anybody have an explanation for this?

LINK

NO.

There's your answer.

BEAT KSU!!

Kansas earns votes in every poll, including 9 in the Harris poll with... FOUR losses! How???

Kansas earns votes in every poll, including 9 in the Harris poll with... FOUR losses! How???

There is no reason whatsoever for Kansas to get any votes, with their wins over FIU, LaTech, Sam Houston St, Iowa State, Colorado, and Kansas State. Losing to South Florida is looking worse now too.

I don't see how anyone could look at Western Michigan and think they could do beat any team that Nebraska lost to, except possibly Va Tech. That means they would be 5-5 playing the other 9 games against NU's opponents.

Who cares about polls this year

Umm..I care. Just as a college football fan, if nothing else, I like to see votes that make sense. Even if we aren't ranked or getting votes I still care about the rankings, though obviously not as much.

And I wasn't saying Nebraska should be ranked or getting votes. I'm just commenting on a couple teams we beat that are getting votes.

It's unlikely Nebraska will jump from 0 votes to ranked, so getting a few votes now would put us in better striking position. A 9-4 Nebraska team should have a good chance of being ranked, but not if we are still behind teams like KU and WMU.

Being ranked at any time during the season is nice because it's a helluva lot easier to catch a score and get highlights, since ESPN doesn't care much about teams not in the top 25. Those of you not in the midwest might be surprised at how rarely you hear about Nebraska unless you really dig for it.

Who cares about polls this year

Umm..I care. Just as a college football fan, if nothing else, I like to see votes that make sense. Even if we aren't ranked or getting votes I still care about the rankings, though obviously not as much.

And I wasn't saying Nebraska should be ranked or getting votes. I'm just commenting on a couple teams we beat that are getting votes.

It's unlikely Nebraska will jump from 0 votes to ranked, so getting a few votes now would put us in better striking position. A 9-4 Nebraska team should have a good chance of being ranked, but not if we are still behind teams like KU and WMU.

Being ranked at any time during the season is nice because it's a helluva lot easier to catch a score and get highlights, since ESPN doesn't care much about teams not in the top 25. Those of you not in the midwest might be surprised at how rarely you hear about Nebraska unless you really dig for it.

I hear ya! I saw the same this morning on sporting news and was wondering the same thing WTF is up with that? Not that I think we should get any votes, but if we beat a team soundly and they get votes and we don't crazy. Neither one of us should have though. It would be awesome if we would end up 9-4. I think the respect will come we just have to keep improving every game. Huh I think I have heard that before

LINK

NO.

There's your answer.

BEAT KSU!!

no but there are a few that received votes with 4

Who cares? I couldn't care less if someone we beat is in the (others receiving votes) category. We are still an average, but improving, team. 6-4/3-3 is nothing to be jumping up and down about for attention. We are bowl eligible and can pick up another win (dare I say 2). Let's wait for some 'props' when that's all said and done.

How many of the voters in these polls actually do their homework? Lets face it, many don't. Coaches are busy coaching. How many coaches vote themselves or do they let the kid who hands out the towels vote for them. Polls don't mean anything. Winning games is what counts, oh, so does avoiding giving up 28 points in the first five minutes of a game. Nebraska is a work in progress. Just have patience Husker fans, our time is somewhere in the future.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

How many of the voters in these polls actually do their homework? Lets face it, many don't. Coaches are busy coaching. How many coaches vote themselves or do they let the kid who hands out the towels vote for them. Polls don't mean anything. Winning games is what counts, oh, so does avoiding giving up 28 points in the first five minutes of a game. Nebraska is a work in progress. Just have patience Husker fans, our time is somewhere in the future.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

4 losses, 6-4 should not be ranked and have no wins vs the big 4 of the Big 12 South.

LINK

NO.

There's your answer.

BEAT KSU!!

no but there are a few that received votes with 4

That's because opinions vary. It's their vote.

Keep winning, the ranking may come.

BEAT KSU!!