Cody Glenn Suspended

mrmac429

Cody nor anyone else has to tell anyone anything. I just love how some people think they have a "right" to know since they are a fan or they have donated money to the program/season ticket holder. It truly is none of our business.

I hope he does not read through the thread on this board....it is showing the true character of some people on here. He did something wrong, leave it at that!

Except its a public university and is supposed to be transparent. If it were a private institution it would be fine. However i think a public institution has every obligation to the tax payers to tell them what is going on.

The public university doesn't owe anyone an explanation for when a student-athlete gets indefinitely suspended from their sport, especially if there were no criminal charges brought up.

Cody nor anyone else has to tell anyone anything. I just love how some people think they have a "right" to know since they are a fan or they have donated money to the program/season ticket holder. It truly is none of our business.

I hope he does not read through the thread on this board....it is showing the true character of some people on here. He did something wrong, leave it at that!

Except its a public university and is supposed to be transparent. If it were a private institution it would be fine. However i think a public institution has every obligation to the tax payers to tell them what is going on.

No, it does not.

We are all curious, but there's such a thing as 'privacy', and Cody's privacy is hundreds of times more important than our "want to know."

Whatever the case, he let himself and his teammates down. It's unfortunate, and I hope he learns from it.

I can almost guarantee there's nobody as upset or ashamed as he is right now.

Sounds like it's his choice...he can right the wrong (I hope...if it were too bad, Bo would've booted him permanently), and do better; or he can go downhill.

Life's lessons can be hard to learn. Let's hope this is his one mistake.

I completely disagree with you here. A student's privacy far outweighs our right to know. I mean seriously...

Do we have a right to know every other UNL student's private information as well? This is personal stuff.

I really don't get where you are coming from here.

This has nothing to do with the university being transparent. :LOLtartar

The right of any student to his privacy outweighs any need of "outsider gossip". Unless there has been a crime committed then nobody has a need to really know other than those involved.

Just because you get a scholarship, doesn't mean that every fan has a right to know what color your boxers or briefs are that day. They have the same right to privacy as any other citizen.

The article doesn't say he was kicked off the team. To me that means, he can still be back in uniform and play, once he meets what ever is required of him to rectify the suspension. This kid is one of the best citizens, [forget football player] on this team. He will get his head on straight and be back. Hang in there Cody, we are all pulling for you.

GBR!!!

Except that the athletic department is self-supporting (thanks to the football program) and you pay zero tax dollars to support it. Nice try.

I never once said it was our right to know. However if Glenn is bothered by speculation and his reputation, it would be better for him to clear the muddy water. People are going to continue to speculate and rumors will continue to fly until this thing is laid to bed. Now if he isn't bothered by the rumors and his reputation, then by all means he should keep silent. I have no problem with it either way.

I can't believe how everyone is getting on people who claim to have "inside" info. I guess we all forgot how an NU fan threatened Coz last year. Let's face it as a group we're really no better or worse than fans of any other team. The longer this goes on, the worse the rumors will get.

One would have to assume that it's somewhat bad. When TO was coach who is now AD, he suspended LP indefinitely for his caveman behavior. I can't remember whether or not Farley was suspended for X amount of games or indefinitely when he got a DUI. I have no idea what he did, but it had to be pretty bad to get suspended indefinitely. Right now, the ticket things seems the most logical.