Cody Glenn Suspended

mrmac429

Cody didnt get in trouble for selling tickets and he certainly didnt rape anyone. Trust me, I know. I know Cody personally and I know for a fact neither are true. He was involved in a misunderstanding and violation of team rules and now is dealing with it in a manner in which not to hurt himself more.

His name is being ruined by people like the people on this board saying horrible rumors and taking things way out of proportion. Cody is a very decent, God-loving person; and the ignorance of others and Cody himself now have him in a situation which could hurt his future.

He's doing all he can to have his name not completely ruined, but he did NOT sell tickets, and he did NOT rape anyone or anything of the matter.

I wish and hope that people would chill out and realize that a young man, my bestfriend's, future is at stake here. Stop bashing him, and just live with people make mistakes...ALL people....not just Cody and realize this is a team violation. Not NCAA, and not Law Enforcement worthy.

Hope everything works out for you Cody, Thanks for everything brother.

Jody

Also...the Cody I know would never make such a big deal out of not getting a blackshirt. He'd go out and do more than he already has and try harder to earn it. What a joke...

So you're saying it was creatine? or something in his protein shakes? Or was he smoking saliva?

(Tonight's Dr. Phil subject)

Sorry..Not to make light of the subject, I hope Cody is able to finish out on the team and wish him luck in his future.

He was one of the bright spots on the team this year.

If this guy is truthful, my original reason seems to have traction. Steroids.

I doubt it is steroids, but possibly a supplement or stimulant with a banned ingredient. Who knows, I hope Cody gets everything worked out and makes it back on the field.

Last I checked Steriods ARE a NCAA worthy violation. So if the poster is to be believed that this incident is "Not NCAA, and not Law Enforcement worthy," then I don't think this is the reason.

Yes, they are NCAA ban worthy. That is why Chris Patrick had divine inspiration in declaring for the supplemental draft in 2007.

I have heard from a source that lives with a player that the Glenn was caught talking with an agent. Bo has told all players not to provide anybody with any specifics at risk of suspension.

This explanation makes more sense to me than steroids, rape, blackshirt, or weed. And considering Tom Osborne's feelings towards sports agent's interference, the punishment does fit the crime.

I have heard from a source that lives with a player that the Glenn was caught talking with an agent. Bo has told all players not to provide anybody with any specifics at risk of suspension.

This explanation makes more sense to me than steroids, rape, blackshirt, or weed. And considering Tom Osborne's feelings towards sports agent's interference, the punishment does fit the crime.

Maybe I guess. I am certaintly not buying the Blackshirt issue.

I heard that Cody broke into his girlfriends apartment the other night and found Joe Ganz there. He went bonkers and hit Ganz and dragged his girlfriend down the stairs by her hair. And then....wait....nope, that was Lawrence Phillips.

Actually, what it was that at a party Glenn was getting a little freak on with this girl. Then comes to find out that she was only 16. He said that he had no idea....but...crap....that was Shevin Wiggins.

Oh, wait. I know what it was. He and Nate Swift got into it in the locker room after practice and Glenn threw a right cross and knocked him the hell out. So Bo then...wait, wait...that was Incognito.

Point being - This is why the "no comment" idea is a bad one. The athletic and sports information department need to act quickly and get answers out. Trouble brews and the speculation runs wild!!!

(Actually probably what happened is a little of what all of you mentioned. Glenn didn't actually sell his tickets, he traded them for a live goat...you know, because he wanted one for a pet. Well he was keeping the goat in the locker room during practice and after the trainers passed out the blackshirts, his goat - as goats do - ate Cody's blackshirt. Cody got back and he didn't have a blackshirt. When he saw some black thread hanging out of the goats mouth, he sexually assaulted the goat who was underage and THAT'S THE non TRUTH!!!)

I heard that Cody broke into his girlfriends apartment the other night and found Joe Ganz there. He went bonkers and hit Ganz and dragged his girlfriend down the stairs by her hair. And then....wait....nope, that was Lawrence Phillips.

Actually, what it was that at a party Glenn was getting a little freak on with this girl. Then comes to find out that she was only 16. He said that he had no idea....but...crap....that was Shevin Wiggins.

Oh, wait. I know what it was. He and Nate Swift got into it in the locker room after practice and Glenn threw a right cross and knocked him the hell out. So Bo then...wait, wait...that was Incognito.

Point being - This is why the "no comment" idea is a bad one. The athletic and sports information department need to act quickly and get answers out. Trouble brews and the speculation runs wild!!!

(Actually probably what happened is a little of what all of you mentioned. Glenn didn't actually sell his tickets, he traded them for a live goat...you know, because he wanted one for a pet. Well he was keeping the goat in the locker room during practice and after the trainers passed out the blackshirts, his goat - as goats do - ate Cody's blackshirt. Cody got back and he didn't have a blackshirt. When he saw some black thread hanging out of the goats mouth, he sexually assaulted the goat who was underage and THAT'S THE non TRUTH!!!)

:blink: i see someone has too much time on their hands... :rollin

I would like to throw in my two cents here.

I had a chance to talk with Cody Glenn a few weeks ago, and I have to say - I am shocked and stunned by this whole situation. I still can't believe it.

I have had a chance to talk with quite a few of the players this year. And out of all of the ones I have spoken with - Cody is by far the most relaxed, genuine, and easy going person on the team. He is a nice guy, quick with the jokes, very friendly, and someone who I could see myself being friends with outside of football. He's just a great guy.

But what struck me the most about Cody is his determination to do one thing, and one thing only - he wanted to make it in the NFL. We actually hit it off quickly when I interviewed him before the Baylor game. I told Cody Glenn I was a Cowboy's fan, and as many of you know - Glenn is from Texas. He told me that it's his dream to one day play for the Cowboys. Glenn seemed committed, determined, and fairly confident that he had a good chance of making it in the NFL.

Cody also demonstrated a real love for football. You could just see the hunger in his eyes. I didn't get the impression that he plays this game for money, television, fame, status, or any of those things. In fact, I asked him a lot of those questions, and it would have been easy for him to have appeared absorbed in it all. Instead, all of his answers centered on football. And to me they seemed genuine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't think he would be stupid enough to do something criminal, or participate in something that could clearly be a violation of team policy. Not after all that he has worked for. I'm guessing whatever happened; caught him off guard, surprised him, and that Glenn is probably still in shock as to whatever has left him suspended. I don't think this was even remotely deliberate.

Finally, and most importantly: please be respectful everyone. This is a young man who has obviously made a big mistake. But we all make a bad decision at some point in our life. To hold him to this high of a standard is unfair. We should remember that up until this point, he has never caused a problem on the team or off the field. Glenn is still a college student; he has dreams, hopes, ambitions... And his entire life, everything that he has worked for, is in turmoil right now.

So be respectful, and don't spread false rumors. That's just uncalled for, regardless of who they are about. This is one of us, a Husker. Glenn has committed to the Nebraska program through good and bad times during the past 4 years. What does it say about this board if we can't support our players when they need support the most? At this point we have no evidence to suggest anything illegal has happened. So let's remember that, and give one of our players, Cody Glenn, the respect he deserves.

I hope Glenn or any Husker doesn't read through this thread, and see some of the hate that has been posted (unvalidated statements of sexual assault and rape). That's uncalled for, period.

/rant

I would like to throw in my two cents here.

I had a chance to talk with Cody Glenn a few weeks ago, and I have to say - I am shocked, stunned, and confused by this whole situation.

Out of all of the players that I have talked with, Cody was by far the most relaxed, laid back, and easy going person on the team. He was a nice guy, quick with the jokes, very friendly, and someone who I could see myself being friends with outside of football. He's just a great guy.

But what struck me the most about Cody is his determination to do one thing, and one thing only - he wanted to make it in the NFL. We actually hit it off right off the bat, when I told Cody Glenn I was a Cowboy's fan. As many of you know, Glenn is friend Texas and it's his dream to one day play for the Cowboys. He seemed committed, determined, and even confident that he had a good chance of making it in the pros.

Glenn also demonstrated a real love for football. You could just see the hunger in his eyes. He doesn't play this game for money, television, fame, status. I asked him those questions and it would have been easy to appear absorbed in it all. All of his answers centered on football, and to me theey seemed genuine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really don't think he would be stupid enough to do something criminal or clearly a violation to risk all that he has worked for. I'm guessing whatever happend caught him off guard, surprised, and that he is probably still in shock that whatever the action was has left him suspended.

Finally, please be respectful guys. This is a young man who has obviously made some sort of mistake. But we all make a bad decision at some point in our life. To hold him to this rediculously high standard is unfair. We should remember that up until this point, he has never caused a problem on the team or off the field. He is still a college student, he has dreams, hopes, ambitions... his whole life is in turmoil right now.

So be respectful, and don't spread false rumors. That's just uncalled for, regardless of who they are about. This is one of us, a Husker who has committed to our team through thick and thin. What does it say about this board if we can't support our players during their most difficult times? At this point we have no evidence to suggest anything TERRIBLE or EVIL has happend here. Let's remember that, and give Cody Glenn the respect he deserves.

/rant

Exactly. :worship

Finally, and most importantly: please be respectful everyone. This is a young man who has obviously made a big mistake. But we all make a bad decision at some point in our life. To hold him to this high of a standard is unfair. We should remember that up until this point, he has never caused a problem on the team or off the field. Glenn is still a college student; he has dreams, hopes, ambitions... And his entire life, everything that he has worked for, is in turmoil right now.

So be respectful, and don't spread false rumors. That's just uncalled for, regardless of who they are about. This is one of us, a Husker. Glenn has committed to the Nebraska program through good and bad times during the past 4 years. What does it say about this board if we can't support our players when they need support the most? At this point we have no evidence to suggest anything illegal has happened. So let's remember that, and give one of our players, Cody Glenn, the respect he deserves.

I hope Glenn or any Husker doesn't read through this thread, and see some of the hate that has been posted (unvalidated statements of sexual assault and rape). That's uncalled for, period.

/rant

I'm just breaking up the monotony of the 'credible source' entries. Just some comedic relief if you will. I'm not being disrespectful of Nebraska or Cody. I'm being disrespectful of everyone throwing their theories out there.

However, I will disagree with the "Give him the benefit of the doubt" and "Wishing him the best". Just as we don't know if he just had a 'minor' infraction...we don't know if something 'major' has happened as well. What if you 'wish him the best' and find out that there was a rape (or insert some other possible huge mistake)? You're going to take those words back. When you say 'we've all made mistakes' you are darn right. But some people's mistakes are much worse than others.

Again, this is why I say that a Sports Information department needs to act swiftly. I'm not passing judgement on Cody...but I'm not turning away to the thought that something big going down isn't a POSSIBLIITY. We won't know until someone answers and until then why give anyone (husker player or not) the benefit of the doubt. Only information and answers can provide the conclusion.

/rant

I'm just breaking up the monotony of the 'credible source' entries. Just some comedic relief if you will. I'm not being disrespectful of Nebraska or Cody. I'm being disrespectful of everyone throwing their theories out there.

However, I will disagree with the "Give him the benefit of the doubt" and "Wishing him the best". Just as we don't know if he just had a 'minor' infraction...we don't know if something 'major' has happened as well. What if you 'wish him the best' and find out that there was a rape (or insert some other possible huge mistake)? You're going to take those words back. When you say 'we've all made mistakes' you are darn right. But some people's mistakes are much worse than others.

Again, this is why I say that a Sports Information department needs to act swiftly. I'm not passing judgement on Cody...but I'm not turning away to the thought that something big going down isn't a POSSIBLIITY. We won't know until someone answers and until then why give anyone (husker player or not) the benefit of the doubt. Only information and answers can provide the conclusion.

None of that justifies any user or person suggesting rape, assault, or any other type of criminal activity at this point. It's completely made up, and without any evidence to support it. There is no justification for that.

I agree with you that the Nebraska PR department needs to at least stamp out the rumors that it was something criminal. But it's not Glenn's fault if the department handled it poorly. We shouldn't hold him accountable in that regard.

Anyway, I have always been an "innocent until proven guilty" guy. I'm not going to abandon anyone (relative, friend, or someone I know) without information and cause to support such a position.

Cody Glenn has my support until I have reason to take it away.