Cody Glenn Suspended

mrmac429

For what it is worth... I don't like doing this because I am not here to start rumors, however, a co-worker just told me that it was for selling his game tickets. Which according to him is also a violation of University and NCAA rules. Can anyone else confirm if that truely is a violation? If not, then obviously he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I feel bad for the team. I feel bad for Bo, but I am glad he made the decision for whatever the reason is.

I believe this sends loud and clear signs to the rest of the team. A senior with 2 regular season games and a bowl left was just given the boot. It could happen to any of them.

IF that was what happened, it IS a violation of NCAA rules. Falls into that 'extra compensation' area.

Yeah, can't give a link yet, but a player cannot sell any "free" tickets given to him by the school. Hope this isn't the case though...

What are the implications for the whole organization if this is true?

Stunningly bad as what's quoted in this article refering to Notre Dame's team probation in 1999.

Notre Dame probation...

Notre Dame, which for generations has symbolized the glamour and glory of college football, was placed on probation yesterday for the first time. However, the penalties the South Bend, Ind., university received were minor.

The probationary term handed down by the National Collegiate Athletic Association resulted from an investigation of almost two years into two series of events. The main one involved the actions of a booster, Kimberly Dunbar, who lavished gifts on football players with money she later pleaded guilty to embezzling.

In the second series of events, a football player was accused of trying to sell tickets he received free to a game and of using tickets he received free for three games as repayment of a loan.

I am almost 100% sure it is NOT sexual assault. No police reports have been filed and no police will be involved in anything from what I have heard.

Granted I have only heard rumors besides that, so I'm not completely sure what it is he did yet. But I am almost completely certain it was not a criminal offense.

For what it is worth... I don't like doing this because I am not here to start rumors, however, a co-worker just told me that it was for selling his game tickets. Which according to him is also a violation of University and NCAA rules. Can anyone else confirm if that truely is a violation? If not, then obviously he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I feel bad for the team. I feel bad for Bo, but I am glad he made the decision for whatever the reason is.

I believe this sends loud and clear signs to the rest of the team. A senior with 2 regular season games and a bowl left was just given the boot. It could happen to any of them.

IF that was what happened, it IS a violation of NCAA rules. Falls into that 'extra compensation' area.

Yeah, can't give a link yet, but a player cannot sell any "free" tickets given to him by the school. Hope this isn't the case though...

What are the implications for the whole organization if this is true?

This happened back around 87 or 88 and they barely did anything to Nebraska - I would assume since he's off the team and it's only one player the NCAA most likely wouldn't put us on probation especially if Nebraska uncovered it first.

cody glenn raped a girl.

this is inside info from a significant source in the university.

im not one for the "I KNOW ALL" "I HAVE CONNECTIONS"

this should be posted in rumorville, but just thought i'd share what i heard.

let the bickering on this post begin.

:wtf

Can you be Banned if you are DEAD wrong on this one??????

Why would you post something like that if you were not 100 percent sure, if your significant source isn't Dr. Tom or Bo, you source probably doesn't no jack other than the rumors that are floating around town.....

I wouldn't have posted that..... I guess is all I'm saying

cody glenn raped a girl.

:wtf

Why would you post something like that if you were not 100 percent sure, if your significant source isn't Dr. Tom or Bo, you source probably doesn't no jack other than the rumors that are floating around town.....

We do know that "Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990".

cody glenn raped a girl.

:yeah

just heard on channel 9 news they said that he didnt show up for practice

Wow...indef suspension for missing 1 practice??

Probably wasn't allowed to practice because of the suspension?

well maybe the team rules staed u dont miss a practice unless u have an excuse so maybe he never had an excuse and never went to practice, but yeah thats toooooo harsh, thats hurting the team