Larry Asante=Biggest recruiting bust ever

"Larry Asante=Biggest recruiting bust ever"

Hate is a strong word, but I really hate reading the title of this Topic. :steam

I have no problems when people say a player is not performing like they thought they would, or they had a terrible game or what not. But this just doesnt sit well. It's pretty damn harsh. Just my thoughts as you are entitle to yours.

:ph34r:

"Larry Asante=Biggest recruiting bust ever"

Hate is a strong word, but I really hate reading the title of this Topic. :steam

I have no problems when people say a player is not performing like they thought they would, or they had a terrible game or what not. But this just doesnt sit well. It's pretty damn harsh. Just my thoughts as you are entitle to yours.

:ph34r:

:yeah

I respect ur opinion, but to say anyone is the biggest recruiting bust ever is pretty hard to say...i mean look at guys like Rhett Bomar at OU....talk about highly rated but not doing anything...he is more of a bust that Asante...I mean all you have to do is go back to the old RIVALS100 and you will see guys you have never heard of because they were busts....anyways...Asante is not a bust...

How long does my probation last? Or is it 3 strikes your out kinda thing, just curious i didnt see the stipulations on the board rules. BTW, sorry.

We generally go with a "three strikes and you're out". However, that's an informal policy - we can and have banned permanently on a single post. Just depends on the nature of the infraction.

I'm sitting on my yacht off the Florida Keys right now as three topless beauties lounge on the deck.

And by the way - no way is Asante the biggest bust ever. Harrison Beck comes to mind...

Ahh....the great harrison Beck. He was supposed to be the second coming of Christ. Didn't he tell the coaching staff not to recruit any other qb's??? Could have been a rumor. I watched a couple of plays this year while he was at NC State. He still looks terrible. This one might go down as one of the biggest busts ever.

For someone that looked like he would be a first round draft pick because of his physical attributes, he is THE MAIN reason our defense gives up so many big plays. I remember callahan saying he was going to be one of the great safties in the country. But the closest he has ever been to a pick was the Nevada game in 2007. And he dropped it. He doesnt seem to understand zone coverage, and although he gets a ton of tackles that stat is baloney because he gets them BECAUSE HE CANNOT COVER ANYONE. He proves why recruiting hype is overrated, and why people like Chris Brooks will never cut it. Remember Chris Brooks? he has never started a game. And he has 2 career catches.....And he was the best player in Missouri in 2005? Are u kidding me? And look at players like Helu, a 3 star. That is our best player. HE IS THE MOST TALENTED RUNNING BACK TO COME TO NEBRASKA SINCE 2000.

Didn't your mother teach you that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all?

Yea! Cause nobody ever post anything negative on here.

I like Larry, He has been disappointing. I wonder if it would be better to keep him off the practice field for a week and just have him study film. If he could get his coverage duties down I think he still has a chance to be impressive.

I'm sitting on my yacht off the Florida Keys right now as three topless beauties lounge on the deck.

And by the way - no way is Asante the biggest bust ever. Harrison Beck comes to mind...

You sir are wasting the privileges that come with yacht ownership. If you have three topless beauties on board and someone mentions "biggest bust" and you can keep your mind on football, then you haven't chosen those beauties very wisely.

I would think one of the three topless beauties on your deck would have bigger busts than Beck...but..I degress.