Gator Bowl interested in Huskers for bowl game

I don't like how the papers completely dismiss the Cotton/Holiday/Fiesta bowls, as unlikely as they seem, they are still within reach if Missouri has a complete meltdown.

how could Nebraska possibly make the Fiesta Bowl ?

Mizzou loses both of their last games and NU beats the big 12 south winner in the championship game...

Which that has a like...

2% chance of happening.

KX5jNnDMfxA

Think of all the storylines of a NU v Miami game. 25 years later.

Just wait until 2014/15 then . . . :)

Edit: I don't wanna go to the Holiday Bowl . . . we'd probably have to play USC in the Holiday Bowl . . .

but that's not in a bowl game 25 years later.... that's the whole point. The story lines for the bowl to attract. That is a reason WHY it's a possibility.

Think of all the storylines of a NU v Miami game. 25 years later.

Just wait until 2014/15 then . . . :)

Edit: I don't wanna go to the Holiday Bowl . . . we'd probably have to play USC in the Holiday Bowl . . .

but that's not in a bowl game 25 years later.... that's the whole point. The story lines for the bowl to attract. That is a reason WHY it's a possibility.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Root for Miami to win out then, because they're 5th or 6th in the ACC right now at 6-3 with games versus Va Tech, Georgia Tech, and NC State remaining.

Catlett also indicated that Nebraska might be more attractive than a 10-3 Missouri team coming off a loss in the Big 12 Championship game, which is where the Tigers seemed headed. Under similar circumstances, Mizzou was passed over by the Orange Bowl last year in favor of Kansas. Bowls are reluctant to select conference title game losers because of a perceived fan letdown. ND could face a similar problem should it get blown out in its last regular season game at USC.

We're going to get a better bowl than Mizzou. FACT.

Which would be a crock of Sh*t. The Orange Bowl was a big rip and they paid for it with over 10,000 unsold tickets. The Cotton Bowl on the other hand sold out in one hour, fastest in the history of the game. MU fans will travel, they have $$ and we are tired off being sh*t on by a bunch of old bags! :w00t

I'm even nice enough not to bring up what Mu has done to the other North teams. If they get jumped again, I swear to God I will hunt me down some old rich white guys and kick um square in the balls :nutz

If Va Tech somehows finishes 3rd in the ACC (have not looked at the standings yet) I doubt we go to the Gator Bowl for a rematch.

Standings don't determine everything. When they say #3 ACC team, it means that the Gator has the 3rd pick in the ACC, after the BCS bowl and whatever bowl has #2. If the ACC gets 2 in the BCS (they won't this year), the Gator gets the 4th pick.

This should be somewhat obvious that it's not based on standings because unless a couple teams fall apart, we wouldn't even be talking about Nebraska in the Gator Bowl for the Big 12.

What this means is that if they want Nebraska, they'd probably pick a different ACC team other than Va Tech. They have no obligation to take the 3rd place team.

Personally I'd love to see Nebraska vs FSU. Think about 15 years ago, "Unfinished Business" began on that night. Bring back William Floyd to give the ball back to us on his phantom touchdown. Trev can bring back his robot arm armor, Charlie Ward can finally pull his football gear back out, and Byron Bennent can correct that wicked hook in his swing and maybe develop a nice fade. TO needs to see Bowden whooped and then the Florida Bowl trifecta would be complete.

Also FSU can't throw the ball for spit so the secondary would have a chance. Oh wait I said that about Va Tech too. The truest of college football fans would appreciate the relevance of this game.

Catlett also indicated that Nebraska might be more attractive than a 10-3 Missouri team coming off a loss in the Big 12 Championship game, which is where the Tigers seemed headed. Under similar circumstances, Mizzou was passed over by the Orange Bowl last year in favor of Kansas. Bowls are reluctant to select conference title game losers because of a perceived fan letdown. ND could face a similar problem should it get blown out in its last regular season game at USC.

We're going to get a better bowl than Mizzou. FACT.

Which would be a crock of Sh*t. The Orange Bowl was a big rip and they paid for it with over 10,000 unsold tickets. The Cotton Bowl on the other hand sold out in one hour, fastest in the history of the game. MU fans will travel, they have $$ and we are tired off being sh*t on by a bunch of old bags! :w00t

I'm even nice enough not to bring up what Mu has done to the other North teams. If they get jumped again, I swear to God I will hunt me down some old rich white guys and kick um square in the balls :nutz

Dallas is easier to get to and Arkansas is nearby as well. As for the Orange Bowl, it looked full to me and KU brought a big crowd. I was there, and say what you want, KU represented pretty darn well.