Tyrone Willingham to Nebraska?

Is it just me or does anyone else think Nebraska should hire Tyrone for a position on the football staff next year. The guy would be a solid recruiter and would bring a wealth of knowledge to the program. Despite being a failure as a head coach maybe he could be a solid assistant?

Not sure who's job he takes. Or for what position. Maybe QB coach? I know you are suggesting him as a recruiting expert more than an "active" part of the staff, but I don't know that he would be interested in that so what positions group is he most qualified to coach?

From what I recall he runs a traditional west coast offense, while Nebraska has been moving to a simplified multiple version of the WCO with an eventual goal of being a power run team. Was he an OC before he was head coach? What'd he do before Stanford? I think with TO and Cotton around, Bo has enough former head coaches providing guidance. That's not to say hiring guys who flame out as head coach for assistants jobs is a bad idea. Just not sure there is a fit here especially since I don't know of any connection between him and anyone else on the staff which is usually how these kind of hires are made. You usually pick the guys you know.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Nebraska should hire Tyrone for a position on the football staff next year. The guy would be a solid recruiter and would bring a wealth of knowledge to the program. Despite being a failure as a head coach maybe he could be a solid assistant?

Not sure who's job he takes. Or for what position. Maybe QB coach? I know you are suggesting him as a recruiting expert more than an "active" part of the staff, but I don't know that he would be interested in that so what positions group is he most qualified to coach?

From what I recall he runs a traditional west coast offense, while Nebraska has been moving to a simplified multiple version of the WCO with an eventual goal of being a power run team. Was he an OC before he was head coach? What'd he do before Stanford? I think with TO and Cotton around, Bo has enough former head coaches providing guidance. That's not to say hiring guys who flame out as head coach for assistants jobs is a bad idea. Just not sure there is a fit here especially since I don't know of any connection between him and anyone else on the staff which is usually how these kind of hires are made. You usually pick the guys you know.

I think it also depends on the staff stability going into next year. Sounds like it should be intact as of right now, but there are rumors Bo wants to make a few changes. If this is true openings need to be filled. If Willingham is a fit, then get him.

I think it also depends on the staff stability going into next year.

cool unless the plan is to get rid of watson and have barney as the the official play caller.

:madash:madash:madash i wouldn't have Barney call a flag football game. Seriously though where would Watson go? I don't know why he would be an OC somewhere else, i don't think he is the next "it" guy to be a HC.

Huh? Why? :bad If he's such a good recruiter then why does UDub suck?

The team that Charlie Weis won with for his first 2 years at ND were Ty's recruits.

The team that Charlie Weis won with for his first 2 years at ND were Ty's recruits.

Why didn't Ty win with them?

Why didn't Ty win with them?

When he took over the job, he had a couple of good first years with players from the prior staff then fell of. In that way his tenure and Charlie Weis's tenure have been remarkably similar. He recruited decently at Standford previously, so I don't know why he has had such a hard time getting players this time around. I think part of it may be the rise of USC.

Could be he did well at Stanford, because of the prestige of going to a school of Stanford's reputation of higher learning, and if your a very good football player with the I.Q it takes to get into that school, has to make it easier to coach. Jim H. seems to be building the same thing, right now. Good recruiting area doesn't hurt either. Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh yeah, no we don't need him.

GBR!!!