Turner Gill/Syracuse

Colfax

Simply put, No. Turner is better than Syracuse.

Gill's done a really good job at Buffalo. But, saying that, do you honestly think he's going to got a shot at a top 25 school? While he's helped turn that program around, it's still Buffalo. He's going to have to work his way up, and I think Syracuse would be a great place for him to showcase his coaching abilities to a greater audience (televised games, highlight shows). While Robinson clearly wasn't cut out for the job, he did a pretty decent job of recruiting, and the area has some good players. I would rather him go there, than say, KSU.

Yep. Consensus is he can do much better than Syracuse.

Are you kidding me? Nothwithstanding the past 4 years Syracuse is a top 20 program of all time. Get off your high horse. I don't want Gill anyway.

No offense, but you're kidding, right? They're not in the top 20 in overall wins or bowl wins and have one NC in 1959. Plus, they graduated a QB to the NFL who didn't know NFL games ended in ties. That's embarrassing.

Yep. Consensus is he can do much better than Syracuse.

Are you kidding me? Nothwithstanding the past 4 years Syracuse is a top 20 program of all time. Get off your high horse. I don't want Gill anyway.

No offense, but you're kidding, right? They're not in the top 20 in overall wins or bowl wins and have one NC in 1959. Plus, they graduated a QB to the NFL who didn't know NFL games ended in ties. That's embarrassing.

OK, they are 13th all time in wins... I got that from ncaa.com... so, you stand corrected.

they have won 9 or more games 9 times since 1889 have on national title and 4 conference titles......

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i...arly_totals.php

they have also been terrible lately. I will say this. if the best nebraska could do was bill callahan and then Bo pelini(I love bo... but there are bigger names in coaching, and he had no HC experience outside of a bowl game) then yeah for the cuse to act like they are to good for turner is HILARIOUS

"Major" program???? What have they done?? I know McNabb was there, but come on, to say that Gill is not ready for a major program is kind of a joke.

I agree they are down recently... but come on, you can't tell me Syracuse isn't a major college program. There are about 50 of them and I would say Syracuse is one of those... at the very least.

they have won 9 or more games 9 times since 1889 have on national title and 4 conference titles......

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i...arly_totals.php

they have also been terrible lately. I will say this. if the best nebraska could do was bill callahan and then Bo pelini(I love bo... but there are bigger names in coaching, and he had no HC experience outside of a bowl game) then yeah for the cuse to act like they are to good for turner is HILARIOUS

Syracuse is not acting like they are too good for Gill. He's on the top of the list. He would be great there. People on this board think HE's too good for THEM, which I don't understand at all.