Gator Bowl invitation may come tonight!

I really think we can beat these guys. :horns2

Agreed. Their offense stinks and they won't be able to stop ours. GO BIG RED!

I wonder how many folks recall the formative years of this relationship the 80s. The two teams swapped training secrets. Bobby was the one that taught TO about Speed on Defense. That's where we moved our safeties to corner and our corners to LB and recruited blinding speed at safety. That was one of the main reasons for the ascendancy of the Huksers in the 90s. In turn though, TO taught Bobby about the running game. That's how great both of those coaches were, to see the value of shedding their pride and learning from each other. Both teams benefited and prospered tremendously.

With that said though, while it was an interesting non-conference rivalry back then, I frankly see no particular joy in playing them at this point in the Bo rebuilding era. I think Bo has done an amazing job in rebuilding the character of this team. To fight back from adversity, to never give up, to swarm to the ball on defense, to actually tackle like you knew how. He's even got the offensive line playing like there is a glimmer of recognition that they stand in the shadow of some of the finest offensive blocking in history. I mean, it really looks like a football team again. So, if Bo really has moved this team to where we think he has, I'd much rather see us play the toughest team out there becasue win, lose, or draw, that's how you become a national powerhouse.

I must say, GT would have been a much better opponent given some of the teams they have physically manhandled (Miami and Georgia anyone?). They did have wins over VA Tech and a pretty good Maryland team, but then they went and got punched in the face by Florida. I think they might have some better overall talent and development on that team, but I think it will play out to be a good game. Nebraska's defense is still bone-headed at times, but our offense can get things done. A victory will come if we can be extremely consistent on offense and create a few turnovers on defense.

While FSU has the same record as us, they have something we don't and that is way more talent and speed. FSU has the players and speed that should have made them a contender. I think the game has passed Bobby by. They are a team that probably has the most and has done the least. Their talent and speed matches very well with the likes of OU, USC, Florida, etc. It would be exciting to play them, but quite frankly they kind of scare me with all that talent and speed they have.

I am soooooooooooo freakin sick of the "we don't have any talent" argument.

So am I! FSU is not that good. Everyone is worrying about the Criminals speed. Well you can have all the speed in the word but if you can't tackle then what's the use? FSU's QB is HORRIBLE. You get any kind of pass rush and he tucks into the fetal position and gets sacked. Nebraska will match up well against FSU and we will win!

Beings you brought the matchup thing Mr. Guru. I am not disagreeing with you, but at the begining of the season we were way better playing in our base defense, but it seems that we have improved a lot in the nickle and dime which we have spent a lot of time in those packages this season. At this point who would we match up better against though? I guess GT would be mostly if not all base D, and FSU would be probably more nickle and maybe some dime beings they have tried to change their offense from the run and shoot, to more of the run game, but we all know that Bobby has seen us give up huge plays through the middle of the secondary. Just my take I guess I like watching us in our base but do we still have the man power for that?

I am soooooooooooo freakin sick of the "we don't have any talent" argument.

I've never been big into the talent excuse myself. We do have talent, and there is no denying that. However if you look across the board at every position, FSU's speed could run circles around us. This is really why the spread offense came into being to neutralize the speed of the D. In all reality, Nebraska has Big 10 speed. Florida State has USC speed. We could beat them because I think they're poorly coached. However, their crazy fast speed could make things extremely difficult for us.