NU vs Clemson

HSKRNOKC

Is everyone forgetting that Clemson has looked MUCH better the last half of the year... Not to metion they have two of the best most explosive backs in the country. With the coaching they have now at the begining of the year they might be in the NC hunt.

Speed can hurt us and they have a ton of it

YAWN.

the ratings will suffer.

won't be nearly as entertaining as fla st. But it should be an easy win.

this year, maybe the wins are more important than a tough game. a sure win will help the team's morale going into next season.

:horns2

I think we wil have our hands full to say the least....Anytime our players have heard they wre worth a crap, we have fallen falt on our faces (see alabama this year when ranked 9, GT 07, VT 06,......) and now that we have won 4 straight and people are touting Dabo, man, im nervous for more flatness...plus Nebraska can play...

Skulls - thnaks fo r the visit - hope more nebraska fans join you for back-up! im about to post on my site for my clemson buddies to come on here (hope they dont stay to long though hahah!!)

www.fans25.com (please copy and paste - was working a minute ago as a link, dont know why it wont now)...

Hey everyone - CLEMSON FAN here...

First of all, I can't wait to play ya'll in the Gator Bowl. I think it will be an excellent, competitive game. I have the utmost respect for Nebraska football and am thrilled that after a 3-3 start, we get to play the 'Huskers in a solid bowl game! Awesome.

I emailed the moderarators of this board and asked permission to tell you guys about my fan based website. They said it was fine, so here goes. The name is fans25.com. It is open to all teams but is currently 90 percent Tiger fans as I am a recent alum. It couldnt be easier or cheaper (free) to join and strike up conversation with true Clemson die-hards (and scattered others)...

Thanks so much guys, I look forward to chatting with ya'll on this board and my boards in the coming weeks!

Go Tigers!

The Top Fan

Thanks for the invite by the way, alot of good folks over there.

Clemson guy here. I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks. I don't know much about your team. How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect. From our standpoint, expect alot of speed. On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast. Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young. On O, there's more speed. We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight. Our recievers are above average as well. Quarterback is average. Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games. Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching. We've just hired our interim coach. He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard. He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

I'd like to hear y'alls take on your team.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Seriously?

The dude comes here with a classy message to discuss the game, and you post that response? I just don't understand some people.

:yeah

Easy Ladies...

Axhole's probably just trying to identify the obvious steriotypes before someone beats him to it. (Or before one of them uses any of them to describe us).

BTW..I keep forgetting what "Y'all" means :dumdum

Actually that is on par for most of his posts. But I like how you redubbed him. ;)

Welcome Clemson fans! I look forward to the Huskers exorcising the memories of Danny Ford!

I have watched every clemson game this yr. and have been to 2 and their QB sucks, the rec. and backs make up for it, sometimes. As for FSU, Clemson would be a better game and more competitive against NU and will give us problems with their speed on both sides of the ball but I still hope we blow them out or I will have to move to a remote location like Nebraska for example.

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

Well coach swinney aka 03alum not much for you guys to worry about except the outstanding secondary NU has so just run the ball every down our front 4 is terrible some guy named Suh has made a couple of tackles this year but he is the worst of the 4 so run right at him. We don't throw a whole lot so you should focus on our slew of big slow running backs who average .8 yards a carry. You should double cover a guy named niles paul cause the other 2 lanky white guys have a combined 4 catches all year. Other than that the TE position is weak and they use a guy named mcneil as a blocker so no worries.

I would eat drink and be merry for the next month maybe a light practice here and there should cover it.

Hello Huskers,

Another Tiger fan here. Glad to have the opportunity to play in the Gator Bowl against a quality program like Nebraska. Hope you feel the same about Clemson. The Gator Bowl actually chose us over the Seminoles b/c they have played 2 games in Jacksonville in the past 15 months and failed to sale their allotted amount of Tickets. I think the national appeal of the game will actually yield better television ratings than FSU would. FSU does not have the star power that a team like Clemson has. We have 2 of the top RB's in the nation & the ACC's all-time leader in receptions. Add on top of that a QB who was the ACC pre-season player of the year and a newly hired coach. People will definetly tune in to see this game.

As for the game itself, it will all come down to the battle in the trenches. Our offensive line has struggled for most of the year but has seen improvement over the past 4 weeks. They finally have some continuity for the first time with a consistant lineup. If Nebraska's D-line can hold Clemson's run game in check then they will have a much better chance of winning. Our running game is where it all starts. CJ Spiller is the best player I have ever witnessed at Clemson and can score from anywhere on the field. James Davis is not flashy but picks up tough yards and can occassionally break one if he can get past the first and second level. He has a hard time busting through the defensive backfield. Clemson's QB can hurt you however. He got a bad rap during the first part of the season b/c of a fall off in production from last year. This was in large part due to an offensive line that looked like they were bull fighting instead of playing football. As the offensive line has improved so has Cullen Harper's game. He is a drop back passer with a very strong arm and good accuracy. He also has improved his scrambling ability but is not much of a threat to run. The wide recievers are a solid group. Aaron Kelly is a tall guy with very sure hands. He seems to always make the big catch on 3rd downs and is a good jump ball guy. Tyler Grisham is the type of player coaches love to have on their side. He doesn't do anything great but he produces. He is the most sure handed guy on the roster and love to block downfield. Jacoby Ford is the burner of the group as is evidence by his title of 2008 60m ACC Indoor track champ. He has developed into a good reciever this season and can also score from anywhere on the field.

On defense we have been pretty solid from top to bottom. The defensive line is very talented with some big bodies. They have had a problem this year with sealing the deal when they get to the QB though. Seems like they put good pressure on opposing teams QB's but can't seem to get the sack. DaQuan Bowers is a star in the making at DE. He was ESPN's #1 rated recruit out of high school and has lived up to the hype. We do a pretty good job of stopping the run, but that will definetly be a tough task with the talent Nebraska has at the RB position. Clemson's LB's are the weakness of the defense. They are VERY young and undersized but with alot of speed. They get from sideline to sideline in a hurry but often over pursue. Like the offensive line the group at linebacker has also improved alot from the beginning of the season. The defensive backfield is without a doubt the strength of the defense. The corners are very fast and play physical. Our safeties are both seniors and have been starters for 3 years. They are very smart football players and are rarely out of position. The things you will see from our DB's is that they will come up and hit you. Overall Clemson's defense is a deep unit that rotates in alot of players. They have picked up the intensity since Swinney has taken over the coaching job and play very fast. I think the Nebraska offense will be a difficult test for the Tiger D.

I really like this matchup and look for a great game on Jan. 1st. There will definetly be alot of energy in the stadium w/ both fan bases bringing alot of people. Clemson & Nebraska have great reputations as far as fans go. I think the fans will see alot of similarities in each other.

post-6049-1228331187.jpg

Clemson guy here. I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks. I don't know much about your team. How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect. From our standpoint, expect alot of speed. On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast. Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young. On O, there's more speed. We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight. Our recievers are above average as well. Quarterback is average. Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games. Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching. We've just hired our interim coach. He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard. He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

So what's the reason for being an ass to this guy??!!!

it's axl. it's his 'thing'.