NU vs Clemson

HSKRNOKC

Joe Ganz is not a "top 5 all time QB". No no no no no.

No freakin way.

Uh uh.

And Nebraska fans are just as prone to bible thumping, illiteracy, racism, etc. as any folks from the south. Except for the Confedrate flags.

Re: playing Clemson... I ain't skared.

I think he means top 5 Nebraska QB's, and I'd agree with that statement.

I think this will be a great matchup. NU is looking to establish the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, but we're mostly a finesse team on O. QB Ganz is a good passer (69.3% completions, 23-10 TD-Int ratio) and scrambler (often eludes blitzers and makes big plays outside the pocket, mostly throwing). He makes a lot of plays and manages the O really well, but makes a few big mistakes each game also. Ganz would be getting a lot more press nationally if it weren't for all the other great QB's in the B12. D line is by far the strength of the defense, so running straight at NU or long developing pass plays will be playing to our strength. Teams have had the most success early in the game with our D giving up big plays. Play-action passing usually confuses our safeties, so it's a matter of our DL getting pressure on the QB before he can locate the open man. NU's defense hasn't produced as many turnovers this year as we had expected.

Clemson has good speed throughout their team. I think NU will struggle to complete the short to medium routes that have been successful for us all year. Colorado used a cover 2 scheme that took our offense out of rhythm, and I expect to see something similar from Clemson. NU's lowest point total of the season was 17 against Missouri, and we've basically been outscored in our losses. So I question whether Clemson's offense can put up enough points. Whoever wins will need at least 30 points IMO.

What kind of offense do you guys run, or what do you rely on heavily? If you have a mobile QB that will surely give us problems as well if you have guys who can stretch the field.

We rely heavily on quick passes to sure handed receivers Swift and Peterson. We also have been starting to run alot of zone read the last half of the season and have had some pretty good success. We have three capable running backs Helu (juke, jive, usually makes the 1st guy miss), Lucky (excellent receiver, decent runner, excellent pass blocker), Castille (absolute hammer, does have fumblitis).

Defense has struggled, but we have improved greatly on the D-line. We are thin at LB due to injury and suspension. The secondary is young but getting better.

Our offense is centered around CJ Spiller and James Davis. Spiller is one of the fastest in college football, alot like Percy Harvin (put him on Florida's team, and I think he's better than Harvin). He will make you miss and outrun you. Davis is a between-the-tackles guy. He picks up the tough yards. Our offense starts with the running game in these two. At reciever, we have Ford (who's as fast as spiller) and Aaron Kelly (ACC all time reception leader). Ford will stretch the field with his speed, and Aaron Kelly is a vacuum. However, we WILL NOT win if we can't run the ball well. That's our bread and butter. Also expect to see some reverse plays and some screens.

You don't have to worry about our QB being mobile. He's far from that. He is serviceable, but he can't carry the team to a win by himself.

Well it should be an entertaining game. I would guess if you have a young O-Line that our D-Line will probably get some pressure and hopefully disrupt some things, but it sounds like your RB's are going to get their yards. Luckily we have a veteran O-line so i am hoping it will give Ganz sometime to throw and on zone reads we can get a good push and get some yards. It would bet it will be a high scoring game, we have scored points all year and it looks like you guys put up your fair share, and our defense isnt juggernaut by any means. Looks like i will have to fire up the PS3 tonight at get some NU vs CU going.

Joe Ganz is not a "top 5 all time NU QB". No no no no no.

No freakin way.

Uh uh.

And Nebraska fans are just as prone to bible thumping, illiteracy, racism, etc. as any folks from the south. Except for the Confedrate flags.

Not for NU, really? Name 5 better.

Joe Ganz is a damn good quarterback & an even better leader & I wish we could have him back next year that would be freaking huge. That said...Tommie Frazier, Brook Berringer, Jerry Tagge, Scott Frost, Turner Gill, Vince Ferragamo, Eric Crouch

Thanks y'all. I'm not here to start alot of trash talking. I'm just looking for some good conversation, and I don't mind a little good-natured ribbing back and forth. The guy who got sued by axl doesn't bother me either. Every school has it's share of those. Us southern folk are used to those type of remarks. It's obvious that he's never visited down south, and goes to show who really is the uneducated one. Anyway, y'all can visit www.tigernet2.com. It's probably our best board and y'all will be welcomed.

Now the the hey, how are ya part is over, lets hear y'alls take on the game.

What kind of offense do you guys run, or what do you rely on heavily? If you have a mobile QB that will surely give us problems as well if you have guys who can stretch the field.

We rely heavily on quick passes to sure handed receivers Swift and Peterson. We also have been starting to run alot of zone read the last half of the season and have had some pretty good success. We have three capable running backs Helu (juke, jive, usually makes the 1st guy miss), Lucky (excellent receiver, decent runner, excellent pass blocker), Castille (absolute hammer, does have fumblitis).

Defense has struggled, but we have improved greatly on the D-line. We are thin at LB due to injury and suspension. The secondary is young but getting better.

Our offense is centered around CJ Spiller and James Davis. Spiller is one of the fastest in college football, alot like Percy Harvin (put him on Florida's team, and I think he's better than Harvin). He will make you miss and outrun you. Davis is a between-the-tackles guy. He picks up the tough yards. Our offense starts with the running game in these two. At reciever, we have Ford (who's as fast as spiller) and Aaron Kelly (ACC all time reception leader). Ford will stretch the field with his speed, and Aaron Kelly is a vacuum. However, we WILL NOT win if we can't run the ball well. That's our bread and butter. Also expect to see some reverse plays and some screens.

You don't have to worry about our QB being mobile. He's far from that. He is serviceable, but he can't carry the team to a win by himself.

This could prove to be an interesting matchup. Your main issues will be the fact that Nebraska holds onto the ball against virtually everyone. If you turn it over, the offense won't necessarily make you pay for it in points every time, but you're going to lose time. Nebraska is strongest against the run, particularly up the middle. Get to the edge and it's a tossup. We don't have a ton of team speed. We're still waiting to hear if our fastest LB is back for the bowl. If he is, Clemson might be in a bit of trouble. The other disadvantage I can think of off hand is Bo Pelini runs our defense. Not that he can turn girl scouts into Florida, but so long as you're not a pure passing team with a mobile QB, he's probably going to figure out a way to limit the larger run plays.

Glad to have you.

Joe Ganz is not a "top 5 all time NU QB". No no no no no.

No freakin way.

Uh uh.

Not for NU, really? Name 5 better.

Joe Ganz is a damn good quarterback & an even better leader & I wish we could have him back next year that would be freaking huge. That said...Tommie Frazier, Brook Berringer, Jerry Tagge, Scott Frost, Turner Gill, Vince Ferragamo, Eric Crouch

Matt Turman?........

QUOTE(03alum @ Dec 2 2008, 03:21 PM)

Clemson guy here. I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks. I don't know much about your team. How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect. From our standpoint, expect alot of speed. On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast. Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young. On O, there's more speed. We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight. Our recievers are above average as well. Quarterback is average. Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games. Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching. We've just hired our interim coach. He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard. He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

I'd like to hear y'alls take on your team.

Please check your

Low illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you.

This is a ridiculous statement. It is people like you that make people across the country question the fact that we truly are "The Greatest Fans in All of College Football." "Low illiteracy rates?" Does that mean they are highly literate? How about you get your facts straight before criticizing The South/southerners.

:rollin:rollin

i love the bible thumping comment as well.... since you dont get that in nebraska.

:nutz

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Sorry, We forgot to check our @sshole at the Door! :nutz

Sorry to interrupt the back and forth bashing, but a back to the topic question. It was posted somewhere that there would be a BCS teleconference today around 5ish. I've looked around online, but can't find any news on what the results of that great meeting of the minds produced according to the Gator Bowl. Anyone else find anything?

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

A very warm welcome....

Should be a great game..

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

I'll take that.

chuckleshuffle

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

I'll take that.

chuckleshuffle

:rollin:rollin