NU vs Clemson

HSKRNOKC

first of all, welcome.

I would look for Joe Ganz every snap. He has the ability to escape the pocket and run as well as throw the ball on the run. He isn't Vince Young, but better than average. When he throws, watch our for Nate Swift as well as Todd Petersen, Menelik Holt, and Mike McNeill. All have good hands and can move the chains. Roy Helu out of the backfield has been an up and coming i-back, showing strong promise of speed and elusiveness. However Marlon Lucky should hopefully be well come bowl time, and he has been the workhorse at running back for the last 3 years. Our lines have shown improvement throughout the year. The defense is not slow, but is young in areas.

I can't wait for the holidays and a Husker bowl game!

My bad, Called it the wrong thing. You basically ran what Georgia Tech runs now.

NU basically perfected the option running out of the Power "I" formation. Coach Osborne would argue that we weren't an option team but that is what we hung our hats on. Hopefully this meeting wont turn out like 1981!!! :w00t Great to have you guys on the Board!!!!

I am to from the state of S.C. but a lifetime husker fan and 03ALUM has valid points, we must control Clem. teams speed and get Ganz rolling on offense, I will be at the game with my Clemson buddies and graduate of Clemson wife, I will be the red spot mixed in with orange but I am sure I wont be the only one,

Clemsons rivals site is saying that the match up is official..

OK, the Clemson rivals site is not "official". If you want to say that signs are strong, all evidence points to, etc, but please DON'T SAY SOMETHING IS OFFICIAL WHEN IT CLEARLY ISN'T!

It sounds like it will turn out to be true but it really bugs the sh#t out of me when someone has to try to be first with claiming something is official when it isn't. Hell, it isn't even official that NEBRASKA is in the Gator Bowl.

Do people even understand what an official announcement is?

OK, the Clemson rivals site is not "official". If you want to say that signs are strong, all evidence points to, etc, but please DON'T SAY SOMETHING IS OFFICIAL WHEN IT CLEARLY ISN'T!

It sounds like it will turn out to be true but it really bugs the sh#t out of me when someone has to try to be first with claiming something is official when it isn't. Hell, it isn't even official that NEBRASKA is in the Gator Bowl.

Lighten up Francis. It's just an Internet board.

Lighten up Francis. It's just an Internet board.

Where I'm more than within my rights to point out something really stupid.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and don't worry about axl. His type are all over the internet.

From what y'all have to say about Nebraska, it should be an interesting game. Clemson's offense lives and dies by the running game and BIG plays. If y'all can eliminate this, we'll likely be in trouble. We are better using our speed to get around the edge, not running up the middle. We also throw in a good bit of misdirection and reverses to try to get the defense out of position. If Spiller can get the edge, look out. Notice I said IF. Our QB can make some great throws from time to time. One game he looks great, the next he looks like a blind freshman. If we can't run effectively, I don't think his arm can win the game for us.

It sounds like your strength is your offense. Our strength is/was our defense. I say was because our d-coordinator is gone. Therefore, I don't know what to expect. I THINK we have the horses on D to hang with your Offense, but who knows how that will end up with the coordinator gone. Our D-Line is above average and the secondary is fantastic. This will probably be the matchup that decides the game.

All I know is the Clemson nation is excited to be playing Nebraska, and I hope y'all are too. Someone mentioned the last time Clemson played Nebraska. That was the 1982 Orange bowl where Clemson won it's one and only Nat'l Championship. This should be a fun re-match. It can't get here soon enough.

I miss seeing the old wishbone you use to run.

I think you are cornfusing NU with OU. They ran the wishbone while we ran the option.

Welcome to the board.

Ou ran the wishbone option, we ran the I-option..............both were a triple option deal.

So is it really official yet or WHAT?!

Well, Clemson is like VT with prolly more team speed, and C.J Spiller/Davis are 2 of the best RBs in the country. Their only problem, under Bowden, is that they would look great one week and inexplicably terrible the next.

Looks like they are on a roll now.

I'd rather play a slow team like BC, but NU/Clemson should be a pretty good matchup--I think? :o

Great looking unis, those guys:276214625_8a2735cb95_feature.jpg