NU vs Clemson

HSKRNOKC

Thanks y'all. I'm not here to start alot of trash talking. I'm just looking for some good conversation, and I don't mind a little good-natured ribbing back and forth. The guy who got sued by axl doesn't bother me either. Every school has it's share of those. Us southern folk are used to those type of remarks. It's obvious that he's never visited down south, and goes to show who really is the uneducated one. Anyway, y'all can visit www.tigernet2.com. It's probably our best board and y'all will be welcomed.

Now the the hey, how are ya part is over, lets hear y'alls take on the game.

I'm sorry people. How's this??

Hi there alum03. How's ya'll doing down yonder in SC?? Well, we wish ya'll good luck. Gonna be great to see them boys runnin around on that football field.

Wow!!!!!

That was much more fun than sports fan trash talk.

I see you're taking humor, as well as etiquette tips from Larry the Cable Guy.

Funny... :sarcasm

I'm sorry people. How's this??

Hi there alum03. How's ya'll doing down yonder in SC?? Well, we wish ya'll good luck. Gonna beat great to see them boys runnin around on that football field. :dumdum

Wow!!!!!

That was much more fun than sports fan trash talk. <_<

If you want to trash talk with him, invite him to the shed. He came here to talk football, big difference. Show some class.

:yeah

Thanks y'all. I'm not here to start alot of trash talking. I'm just looking for some good conversation, and I don't mind a little good-natured ribbing back and forth. The guy who got sued by axl doesn't bother me either. Every school has it's share of those. Us southern folk are used to those type of remarks. It's obvious that he's never visited down south, and goes to show who really is the uneducated one. Anyway, y'all can visit www.tigernet2.com. It's probably our best board and y'all will be welcomed.

What kind of offense do you guys run, or what do you rely on heavily? If you have a mobile QB that will surely give us problems as well if you have guys who can stretch the field.

We rely heavily on quick passes to sure handed receivers Swift and Peterson. We also have been starting to run alot of zone read the last half of the season and have had some pretty good success. We have three capable running backs Helu (juke, jive, usually makes the 1st guy miss), Lucky (excellent receiver, decent runner, excellent pass blocker), Castille (absolute hammer, does have fumblitis).

Defense has struggled, but we have improved greatly on the D-line. We are thin at LB due to injury and suspension. The secondary is young but getting better.

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

I'd like to hear y'alls take on your team.

We have a Clemson guy posting here now...its all but official..

Joe Ganz is not a "top 5 all time NU QB". No no no no no.

No freakin way.

Uh uh.

And Nebraska fans are just as prone to bible thumping, illiteracy, racism, etc. as any folks from the south. Except for the Confedrate flags.

Re: playing Clemson... I ain't skared.

Not for NU, really? Name 5 better.

What kind of offense do you guys run, or what do you rely on heavily? If you have a mobile QB that will surely give us problems as well if you have guys who can stretch the field.

We rely heavily on quick passes to sure handed receivers Swift and Peterson. We also have been starting to run alot of zone read the last half of the season and have had some pretty good success. We have three capable running backs Helu (juke, jive, usually makes the 1st guy miss), Lucky (excellent receiver, decent runner, excellent pass blocker), Castille (absolute hammer, does have fumblitis).

Defense has struggled, but we have improved greatly on the D-line. We are thin at LB due to injury and suspension. The secondary is young but getting better.

Our offense is centered around CJ Spiller and James Davis. Spiller is one of the fastest in college football, alot like Percy Harvin (put him on Florida's team, and I think he's better than Harvin). He will make you miss and outrun you. Davis is a between-the-tackles guy. He picks up the tough yards. Our offense starts with the running game in these two. At reciever, we have Ford (who's as fast as spiller) and Aaron Kelly (ACC all time reception leader). Ford will stretch the field with his speed, and Aaron Kelly is a vacuum. However, we WILL NOT win if we can't run the ball well. That's our bread and butter. Also expect to see some reverse plays and some screens.

You don't have to worry about our QB being mobile. He's far from that. He is serviceable, but he can't carry the team to a win by himself.

It's funny how you guys are more offended than he is. :rolleyes:

Still you don't need to do that crap Axl. He didn't come on talking smack like some do and those guys deserve crap like that. He obviously didn't take offense to it because he probably seen how the rest of the board acted towards your comments and realized you might be the 1% of every fanbase that causes issues.

Welcome to huskerboard 03alum and we all apologize for your initial response when you arrived. I think it'll be a good game and I must be honest I don't know much about Clemson. I'll have to do my homework on you guys to see what I should expect from your team. Our defensive line is good, our linebackers are average, and our secondary is hit and miss. We will, most likely, give up one or two big plays right off of the bat as we have done that all season. Our offense is the strong part of the team, our QB is good, our running game is good, and our receivers are decent, except for Swift, he is outstanding. Our offensive line is okay, but they are big and will be slower than your defense so we'll have to see if they have problems with your defense.

Our special teams as far as kickoff's are concerned have pissed me off all season. We always seem to allow teams to get to the 35 or 40 yard line on kickoff returns. Guys just aren't staying in their lanes for whatever stupid a$$ed reason. Our field goal kicker surprised us all though with a 57 yard kick against Colorado to help us win the game. He's only a Sophomore I believe and has the leg to make you guys pay if you let us get close. Look forward to a good game and further talk with you about your team. Send some other Clemson fans over here so we can get to know you guys and they can give us their perspective on your team. :thumbs

Our offense is centered around CJ Spiller and James Davis. Spiller is one of the fastest in college football, alot like Percy Harvin (put him on Florida's team, and I think he's better than Harvin). He will make you miss and outrun you. Davis is a between-the-tackles guy. He picks up the tough yards. Our offense starts with the running game in these two. At reciever, we have Ford (who's as fast as spiller) and Aaron Kelly (ACC all time reception leader). Ford will stretch the field with his speed, and Aaron Kelly is a vacuum. However, we WILL NOT win if we can't run the ball well. That's our bread and butter. Also expect to see some reverse plays and some screens.

You don't have to worry about our QB being mobile. He's far from that. He is serviceable, but he can't carry the team to a win by himself.

Well this may play more towards our favor then. We play well against the run and we don't seem to do well against mobile QB's, which it sounds like you don't have. The reverse plays might catch us off guard though since we are average at LB and they seem to have a problem staying home sometimes.

Joe Ganz is not a "top 5 all time NU QB". No no no no no.

No freakin way.

Uh uh.

And Nebraska fans are just as prone to bible thumping, illiteracy, racism, etc. as any folks from the south. Except for the Confedrate flags.

Re: playing Clemson... I ain't skared.

Not for NU, really? Name 5 better.

Well, OK.

There have been different types of QBs at NU, but here are some guys off the top of my head who were better runners than Ganz:

Frazier

Crouch

Gill

Frost

Ganz scrambles when he needs to, and is good for 5-8 yds on a well executed QB draw. But he's not going to beat you running the ball. The 4 guys I mentioned above were absolute gamebreakers. And I think there have been at least 5 other guys throughout history that may not have been world beaters, but should be held in higher regard as rushing QBs (like Bobby Newcombe, etc. hell throw Jammal Lord and Joe Dailey in there too).

Better pure passers:

Gill

(arguably) Berringer

Zac Taylor (much much much better decision maker)

Ferragamo and Tagge (before my time, but look at what they did)

Now, as far as a combination of those skills go, I don't know how he ranks. It's all so subjective to the offensive system and the relative strength of schedule. I also don't have enough historical perspective to make an accurate judgement. And I'm not saying Ganz isn't a good, raw talent. If he could have had another year or two to actually play, maybe he'd rank higher. But I think most of his legacy here is going to be due to the system in place. Plus he played here during a down cycle. Not necessarily a knock on him, but in a couple years I don't think you will still be making this argument.