NU vs Clemson

HSKRNOKC

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

I'd like to hear y'alls take on your team.

Clemson guy here.  I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks.  I don't know much about your team.  How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect.  From our standpoint, expect alot of speed.  On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast.  Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young.  On O, there's more speed.  We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight.  Our recievers are above average as well.  Quarterback is average.  Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games.  Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching.  We've just hired our interim coach.  He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard.  He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

NU's strength is definately on offense. We have a Senior QB, Joe Ganz, who many would argue is in the top 5 all time for NU. We have good depth at RB/IB and a real talent in a young one named Helu. Helu has that ability to make defenders miss, he is really fun to watch. The receivers are pretty good also, Swift is the number one target and has a good shot to play on Sundays IMHO. The offense is a balanced Spread attack, will throw a lot but run a lot of zone read as well. The Defense is the weak link on the team. The D-line is experienced and tough, easily the strong part of the Defense and maybe the team for that matter. Suh at DT is a special player, he is 300lbs but has been lined up at FB at times this year. Really athletic. The back 7 of the Defense is the problem. They have greatly improved this year under Bo Pelini and Co's tutelage, but still seem to give up 1-3 big plays a game. A lot of injuries this year means also that the D has a lot of inexperience in the back 7. The offense holds the ball for around 40 minutes a game so that helps the D a lot. Overall this could be a fun one!

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Man, those who go to this game are going to need sunglasses. All that bright RED and orange is going to be to much. Not the matchup I would prefer (want FSU), but should be a good game. Either way, playing in a New Years day bowl after sitting at home last year is AWESOME. :woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

Anyway you look at it, what a huge turnaround. :restore

I'll be there screaming my ass off for the Huskers! :clap

Wow, someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid.

Clemson guy here. I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks. I don't know much about your team. How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect. From our standpoint, expect alot of speed. On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast. Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young. On O, there's more speed. We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight. Our recievers are above average as well. Quarterback is average. Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games. Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching. We've just hired our interim coach. He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard. He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Seriously?

The dude comes here with a classy message to discuss the game, and you post that response? I just don't understand some people.

Anyways, 03alum, do you happen to know a good Clemson board? Would love to chat about the game with you guys.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

That's not very classy

Clemson guy here. I look forward to some good discussion with y'all the next few weeks. I don't know much about your team. How would y'all describe what Clemson should expect. From our standpoint, expect alot of speed. On D, many will say we're undersized (especially at linebacker) but we're very fast. Our secondary is our strength, our D-line is strong, but our linebackers are very very young. On O, there's more speed. We have two tremendous scatbacks that will take it to the house if given a glimpse of daylight. Our recievers are above average as well. Quarterback is average. Our O-Line is very very young, but have played much better the last three games. Expect us to get the ball to Spiller, Davis, Kelly, and Ford, and try to get them in space.Coaching. We've just hired our interim coach. He's relatively inexperienced but is a tremendous motivator and works very hard. He's not above throwing in a trick play on occasion, but really relies on getting the ball to our best players. The wild card with coaching is we just lost our D-Coordinator. Who know's what our defense will look like by then.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Seriously?

The dude comes here with a classy message to discuss the game, and you post that response? I just don't understand some people.

:yeah

QUOTE(03alum @ Dec 2 2008, 03:21 PM)

Please check your

Low illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you.

This is a ridiculous statement. It is people like you that make people across the country question the fact that we truly are "The Greatest Fans in All of College Football." "Low illiteracy rates?" Does that mean they are highly literate? How about you get your facts straight before criticizing The South/southerners.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

Why are you going to be a dick to him for no reason? He came in respectfully, treat him the same.

Please check your

High illiteracy rate

confederate flags

poor dental hygiene

bible thumping

racism

...at the door.

Thank you. <_<

So what's the reason for being an ass to this guy??!!!

I'm sorry people. How's this??

Hi there alum03. How's ya'll doing down yonder in SC?? Well, we wish ya'll good luck. Gonna beat great to see them boys runnin around on that football field. :dumdum

Wow!!!!!

That was much more fun than sports fan trash talk. <_<

If you want to trash talk with him, invite him to the shed. He came here to talk football, big difference. Show some class.