Gator Bowl Analysis and Prediction

Enhance

I would just advise that you guys DO NOT throw the ball at #5, Anthony West, he is a beast and is known to pick six a ball or two...just dont throw at him..;)

Anyway, as for your guys' 6'5" wideout...out secondary has been improving all year...I look for Asante to play a complete game, of course, this could be wishful thinking..<_<

CU Run Game- I know you guys have 2 good backs, as I use them (well) on ncaa 09, but I think they are going to have a real difficult time finding room to run. Suh, Potter, Steinkuhler, and, even, Allen have been solid...I look for us to stuff the run and give your QB fits.

NU O vs CU D- I look for our O to have a lot of success..we have a very balanced O, and we're primarily a ball control offense (as we lead the nation in T.O.P.), but we can break the big play...it really just depends on how conservative watson plays the game. Roy Helu had 157 yards rushing on a very talented OU squad, so your argument that we havent seen a D as talented, or athletic as Clemson's has been defeated.. :D

I look for this to be a close game early, but I think we win by a few scores, with Ganz, Swift, and Helu having a big game

The MF'r's prediction: Forty Suuuuuuuh (42)-27 NU

. I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT.

ummm, Okla homos

hmmm... and how did that work for you?? :dumdum

NU has indeed faced teams with speed. Maybe he means that NU hasn't beaten a team with the kind of speed clemson (alledgedly) has.

Having said that-- NU wins this one by 10+ points. Speed is important, but you can't run when you are laying on your back.

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

BEAT CLEMSON!!

I think a misconseption you guys have is that Clemson is a run first team. Yes, we do run the ball but I would say since Dabo Swinney took over that we pass the ball much more. Davis will get 10-15 carries and Spiller will get around 10. With your D's strength being weakness I expect us to throw the ball alot early to set up the run. We will find different ways to get the ball in Spiller & Ford's hands through the passing game. I also see your DB's having a very difficult time matching up with a 6'5" Aaron Kelly. I would compare NU's defense to Boston College who we beat this year. Big & physical up front with some future NFL guys with a back 7 that is a little suspect.

Your defense will probably be able to move the ball through short intermediate routes but it will be hard to break any big plays through the air. I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT. I would even say that our D is better than VT's this year. Our DB's will give your WR's problems. From what I have seen your WR is not very athletic and lacks speed. I suspect that NU will have success running the ball.

Like I have said before, this will be a close physical game between two good teams.

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

i'm pretty sure nebraska has a better offense than BC does. and it looks like bc handed that game to you. clemson committed four turnovers to BC's two. nebraska can convert third downs as well.

I don't know much about Nebraska but I do know that you just crushed Colorado. While Klempsun did beat my c&#036;%ks, it was only because our QB decided to have a bad case of the interceptions last Saturday.

Their Linebackers are terrible. Their OLine is terrible too. They have an average QB and the recievers aren't any that should scare anybody. They have one good Defensive End and their Secondary is pretty good but are soft if you hit them. They have good running backs but if they have to stay between the tackles and are not allowed to get into space, they won't be any good. They don't use the TE or FB very much.

I predict: NU 56, Clem 17.

I don't know much about Nebraska but I do know that you just crushed Colorado. While Klempsun did beat my c&#036;%ks, it was only because our QB decided to have a bad case of the interceptions last Saturday.

Their Linebackers are terrible. Their OLine is terrible too. They have an average QB and the recievers aren't any that should scare anybody. They have one good Defensive End and their Secondary is pretty good but are soft if you hit them. They have good running backs but if they have to stay between the tackles and are not allowed to get into space, they won't be any good. They don't use the TE or FB very much.

I predict: NU 56, Clem 17.

I like this guy................. :thumbs

Greetings from Tigertown!

We're not gonna score 40-plus on y'all...and you dang sure ain't doing it to us!

I think what has some of our folks a bit optimistic (besides making the supposed stout Chicken defense look silly last week) is that VTech put so many point on you.

Folks who follow the game know Nebraska's run defense is solid, and we're going to have a challenge establishing any sort of ground offense. Alabama showed what happens to us if we can't run, and while I don't think y'all are as tough as the Tide along the D line, it's going to be a challenge.

Count on Clemson to counter with motion, screens and quick passes to the backs. Also, while y'all know Spiller and Davis, you'll want to check out Jacoby Ford. He's a little fellow with a maddening ability to get loose and gone.

But I imagine we'll attack your secondary, which has been mroe suspect this year. Aaron Kelly, a rangy 6-5 senior who holds the all-time ACC recpetion record and Tyler Grisham, another senior with a knack for getting open, will be the main targets, but Spiller, Ford, Xavier Dye and tight end Michael Palmer are all suitable targets.

On defense, our opponents have generally done what y'all say is your bread and butter: try to control the clock on long, established drives to keep our offense off the field. It worked well for Bama and FSU. Our other losses generally came because of offensive miscues that left the D out too long, or with too short a field to defend.

We have a solid defense, but I'll give you four guys to watch: 1. Michael Hamlin, a senior in the secondary with 6 INTs and a mean streak. 2. DeAndre McDaniel a redshirt freshman lineback who really ought to be a safety and delivers viscious hits. 3. Rashaad Jackson is a senior on the D Line who missed the first half of the year, but has become a major problem for opponents. and 4. Man-child DaQuan Bowers. A true freshman, he still has a lot to learn, but from the defensive end position, the guy's a beast.

Despite what folks are saying, I see this as a defensive battle. First team to 20 wins.

Hope to see y'all down there. I'll buy the first beer!

post-6078-1228528598.jpg

With your D's strength being weakness

lol_wut.jpg

lol i was wondering the same thing... and clemson's strength is our strength on defense. I'd have to say that our defensive front is going to be pretty solid against the run, again. Nebraska may not score 40, but i would be willing to put a lot down we score at least 30.

And about the CU game, yes we gave up 31, but look at the points. 2 big pass plays leading to 14. A 'whatever you wanna call it' for another 7 on the fake field goal.. outside of those 3, thats 10 points. CU sustained ONE, count it ONE drive against us. We just need to make sure not to blow coverages in the secondary.

It's going to be a tough game, but our D line vs. Clemson's O line is a mismatch that will cause trouble for the Tigers all day long.

This quote is only amusing to me because its almost an exact quote of what I saw from a SCAR poster before we played them. Are we guaranteed to score 31 on you guys like we did on them? Of course not. But our Oline is greatly improved over early in the season. We pushed around a much better defense than Nebraska's in our last game (seriously...no offense). We'll probably score 28 or so in this game.

The BIG matchup in this game is our defense vs Nebraska's offense. I think your offense is averaging around 35 points a game. We're allowing 16. We've played few offenses as good as yours and you've played few defenses as good as ours. Your passing game is your strength. Our pass defense is our strength. You get the point. However, I think our defense will be plenty prepared for your short passing game. We've had a dink and dunk passing game for the last three years. So our defense has played against it plenty. I think we keep it under control and hold you to around 21 points or so.

Prediction?

Clemson-27 Nebraska-24

Here's to a great game! Go Tigers!

It's going to be a tough game, but our D line vs. Clemson's O line is a mismatch that will cause trouble for the Tigers all day long.

This quote is only amusing to me because its almost an exact quote of what I saw from a SCAR poster before we played them. Are we guaranteed to score 31 on you guys like we did on them? Of course not. But our Oline is greatly improved over early in the season. We pushed around a much better defense than Nebraska's in our last game (seriously...no offense). We'll probably score 28 or so in this game.

The BIG matchup in this game is our defense vs Nebraska's offense. I think your offense is averaging around 35 points a game. We're allowing 16. We've played few offenses as good as yours and you've played few defenses as good as ours. Your passing game is your strength. Our pass defense is our strength. You get the point. However, I think our defense will be plenty prepared for your short passing game. We've had a dink and dunk passing game for the last three years. So our defense has played against it plenty. I think we keep it under control and hold you to around 21 points or so.

Prediction?

Clemson-27 Nebraska-24

Here's to a great game! Go Tigers!

um... no offense. but like i've said. INFORMED POSTS PLEASE

NCAA FBS Rushing Defense Stats

Note #33 and #41

Thank you, that is all.

*note* i have no problem with your prediction, i think it'll be a close game, you putting up 27 wouldn't surprise me.. holding us to 24 would though.

Clemson fans - welcome.

I see that 10 out of 12 teams in the ACC finished 4-4 or 5-3. Why is that?

I hope it's a good game for both teams. I really believe the competition in the Big 12 is far better than what the ACC has to offer. In fact, I think the ACC has the worst, most boring football (next to the Pac 10) year in and year out.

Competitive wise, I would list the worst conferences in order:

Pac 10

ACC

Big 10

I'll also say that, when it comes to bowl games - anything can happen. The 2-4 weeks of preparation can really make a difference. Whoever wins, wonderful. It still does not change my mind about the regular season and the conferences I mentioned.

This is not a national championship game. It's a neat little bowl game. The gator.

Clemson fans - welcome.

I see that 10 out of 12 teams in the ACC finished 4-4 or 5-3. Why is that?

I hope it's a good game for both teams. I really believe the competition in the Big 12 is far better than what the ACC has to offer. In fact, I think the ACC has the worst, most boring football (next to the Pac 10) year in and year out.

This is not a national championship game. It's a neat little bowl game. The gator.

Well, it wasn't SUPPPOSED to be that way this year. Clemson was to be the Tweedledum among the Tweedldees of the conference. Alas, someone forgot to remind the pundits that 1. A team without a solid O Line isn't going anywhere and 2. A team without an O Line with an OC who insists on throwing screen passes that require a good OLine is doomed.

When it was all said and done, the ACC wasn't a bad conference, just sort of the Lake Woebegone of football. Everyone was above average (I think the lowest RPI was about 55) but no one stood out.

And you're right about the Gator...it really is a fun game to be in. Hope to see y'all there.

post-6078-1228571692.jpg

I think a misconseption you guys have is that Clemson is a run first team. Yes, we do run the ball but I would say since Dabo Swinney took over that we pass the ball much more. Davis will get 10-15 carries and Spiller will get around 10. With your D's strength being weakness I expect us to throw the ball alot early to set up the run. We will find different ways to get the ball in Spiller & Ford's hands through the passing game. I also see your DB's having a very difficult time matching up with a 6'5" Aaron Kelly. I would compare NU's defense to Boston College who we beat this year. Big & physical up front with some future NFL guys with a back 7 that is a little suspect.

Your defense will probably be able to move the ball through short intermediate routes but it will be hard to break any big plays through the air. I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT. I would even say that our D is better than VT's this year. Our DB's will give your WR's problems. From what I have seen your WR is not very athletic and lacks speed. I suspect that NU will have success running the ball.

Like I have said before, this will be a close physical game between two good teams.

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

We did play a nice little team a while back. You might have heard of them - - University of Oklahoma.

So you say your D has more speed than Oklahoma's? Speak about East Coast bias.

EDIT: Methinks that the perception of the huge scores put up by the Big 12 offenses is due to TERRIBLE defenses, not OUTSTANDING offenses. True VT put up a lot of points (for them) against us also hurts. But I think we have improved tremendously over the year on defense, especially after the MU game.

The O-line of Clemson has been improving. They are very young and for the first half of the season hurt. Now they are jelling. How they played against USC (So. Carolina of the SEC) is more what they are capable of doing.

As far as comparisons, I have a link to the Sagarin ratings for both schools:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

Not the greatest tool to look at, but one that shows info about a team that if you live in the midwest (I live in KC) woulnd't follow unless you are an alumni (which I am and I do).

Toby