Team MVP

holvy83

Food for thought.....not necessarily the MVP, but one could argue........ We all expected Ganz, Suh , Swift to be good........but when Turner went down with a broken leg, who else besides me kind of went into a panic.....

Pierre Allen played extememly well, and if he doesn't play like he did, the offenses could have made Potter and Suh/Steinkuhler (depending on alignment) non-factors...

Allen's play kind of "saved the day".

Swift IMO, if you talking just about units then obviously Swift/Ganz on offense and Suh/Potter on defense. All these guys played so well this season it just help carry the team through some difficult games.

:yeah

To me it's a toss up between Ganz and Swift. On defense though, I think Potter was just as valuable, if not more so, especially at the beginning of the season, as Suh.

I'm gonna put a little love on this thread :)

MVP Offense: Ganz & Swift - they moved the chains, set Husker records, and were the heart & soul of the offense. Swift wasnt just catching passes. He altered field position on punt returns at times. He ran decoy routes full speed. He blocked on the perimeter and down field. He set an example how to play the game for the young & inexperienced recievers. And all season he made tough catches and big plays. Those younger guys might have better years down the road, but they know what it takes and how hard to work b/c of Swift. Ganz was the leader and directed this offense. He was tough and for the most part, got his team down field and scored points. He had a great season and I couldnt really ask more for a QB.

MVP Defense: The line. Suh, Steinkuhler, Potter, Allen. The big boys played solid and came up with sacks, turnovers, QB pressure, scored a few points, and snuffed the run for the most part. Considering how inexperienced the LBs & secondary were, they were more than just a band aid. These guys played together as a unit. They were close and fought together. It was a joy to watch these fellas all year.

Most Improved Player: Pierre Allen - After B.Turner went down with an injury, PA stepped up his game considerably and helped the D-line. There was never a let down when he played. He had a great season and will be relied upon again next year.

Most Valuable Play: Henery's kick. Without the 57 yard FG, the Huskers are 7-5 and NOT playing on Jan 1st. The kick put a smile on every Husker player, coach, and fan across the nation. It will always be a great memory for a lot of us.

Davidson's catch led to a much BIGGER ending than a possible 9-4 season and a Gator Bowl win. I would have to say that Davidson's catch is /was much more important in the "big picture".... Henery probably makes that kick 1-7 times (guessing), but the fact that the catch involved so MANY factors (luck, timing, player's positioning, and skill).....you could throw that same pass and to have the solar system line up again would probably be 1 - 1 million................... "so you're sayin' I have a chance.......YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS.

Murillo.... he's a shutdown corner!

Ummm no, I have to go with the guy who was a huge difference maker all year long. He had his games where he didn't do much because he was doubled on but that opened other guys up for plays. Early on it seemed like Suh was the one guy that other teams tried to account for on our dfense. Congrats big guy, you are my MVP! Now where can I buy 7 #93 Husker Jerseys?

to those picking swift. How? How can Ganz not be the mvp of at least the offensive side of the ball? Where is this team without his leadership and play? sure he had a few bad plays, ie the interception at TT.. but about suh the same could be said in costing us a game vs Va Tech potentially... IMO it would come down to one of those two players when talking MVP..

as for those saying bo... how could bo be the most valuable PLAYER? maybe very integral part of the transition, but not MVP.