Team MVP

holvy83

Hands down I think it has to be Ganz. He broke two records this season for most passing yards and total offense. He held this team together during a coaching change, provided great leadership, and made a ton of great plays with his feet and his arm. Despite who the media may choose for the Heisman, Joe Ganz is my Heisman winner :w00t

:yeah

I just don't think you can give it to Ganz considering the amount of stupid turnovers, sacks, etc.. he made. If they'd started Helu earlier in the year and gave him the bulk of the reps all year long I think he probably would have earned himself the MVP.. but alas, his time is coming in the next couple years ;)

lucky? nah.

swift? very possibly, guy put up big numbers and broke big records this year

i changed my mind.. I think the offensive mvp might just have to go to McNeil. Sure he's not used anywhere near as much as swift... but as far as how VALUABLE he is in this offense, man he changed the dynamic of this offense in a big way.

If I am picking one guy -- Suh.

The minute that guy started playing up to his potential the entire defense started to get better. Teams had to gameplan for him, allowing our d-line to get more pressure. This also allowed our LB's more free space to roam to make plays even though there are really no talented guys we have at LB this year.

I believe Suh should be MVP. Reason - the play of the D-Line improved so much during the season that teams we were able to beat teams that we lost to last year; especially KU and CU. Suh was primarily responsible for the disruption that occurred during key games.

Remember, last year Ganz led our offense to high scores and huge offensive numbers but we still lost! If the defense hadn't improved, I believe we would have finished 6 - 6 with Ganz again posting huge passing numbers and lots of points; but with losing games.

Steinkuhler. Him stepping up and dominating guys across from him made the Offense not double team so much which is why we saw Suh dominate at the end of the year. Teams couldn't just gameplan against Suh only. I was really impressed with Ty this year at a position he was always undersized to play. He made up for it with quickness and unbelievable technique.

I just don't think you can give it to Ganz considering the amount of stupid turnovers, sacks, etc.. he made. If they'd started Helu earlier in the year and gave him the bulk of the reps all year long I think he probably would have earned himself the MVP.. but alas, his time is coming in the next couple years ;)

lucky? nah.

swift? very possibly, guy put up big numbers and broke big records this year

i changed my mind.. I think the offensive mvp might just have to go to McNeil. Sure he's not used anywhere near as much as swift... but as far as how VALUABLE he is in this offense, man he changed the dynamic of this offense in a big way.

Just throwing this out there, but sacks aren't a quarterbacks fault. Yes, Ganz is pretty mobile in the pocket but it's the offensive lines responsibility to protect him. Do you know how many sacks he hasn't been dealt because of his mobility? Quite a few.

Ganz threw one too many "pick 6's" to get my vote for MVP, he was great at times and made poor decisions also.

Well, one of them wasn't his fault as much as a missed black and jumped route by an Oklahoman defender, so that one shouldn't count and you can still vote him MVP. No problem.