Onoxious fans

they are everywhere, there are even some husker bro's i can not stand, there is a line between being a great fan and being just plain dumb about it <_<

Quick question for you Huskers...

I think the general consensus from you guys is that Colorado fits into this obnoxious category. When you guys beat Colorado, do they constantly make excuses and continue to talk crap even after the game?

That's what we have to deal with here in SC with the Gamecocks, and that's what aggrivates the crap out of me.

They only talk crap when they win, like about all our foes. They beat us once in a blue moon and suddenly they are the best team in the world. Otherwise they don't have much of a winning tradition to run much smack at us.

See, 2 weeks ago, we beat South Carolina 31-14 and I've heard such crap like:

1. If we would have had our best QB in (Garcia, who wasn't hurt btw), we would have beat yall handily.

2. Spurrier threw the game. He knew that if Clemson won they'd hire Dabo, and he knew that would be bad for Clemson in the long run so he let Clemson win. (I'm sorry, but even if he wanted to "throw" the game, tell me how he convinced 85 football players to "throw" the game as well.)

3. Spurrier doesn't care about the Clemson game, he only cares about winning the SEC (which he hasn't been close to since he left Gainsville)

It's really pathetic that they won't take a loss and shutup. I mean, look at that TheRealUSC guy.

Nebraska fans are the worst...

There are too damn many of them and they always made too much damn noise. Always cheering and yelling...never could hear the QB call the signals what with all those damn fools screaming their fool heads off...

Worst thing about em though is they won't say home! They just always come over to Ames and take over here too! What kind of idiot fan base comes over to their opponent's stadium and fills it up so much that our fans have to pay "gasp" REGULAR ticket prices for an ISU game because all the stupid seats are sold out. Kansas State fans don't do that...Missouri fans don't do that...Hell, Colorado fans don't even do that! They make sure they leave plenty of empty seats available so that your average ISU "Go to the weekly beating? Sure, what else is there to do today anyway?" fan can just wander by on a whim, walk in and find a great seat without paying....

And they are soooo stuck on tradition...like that big stupid N on the side of their helmets and the "Go Big Red" stuff. Don't they know that's so 20th century? A real hip and cool fan base knows that its totally the fashion for a school to change uniform colors and logo at least once every two years so every fall they can make boat loads of money selling the "new" look to the eager fans out there just waiting to flood their athletic department with more money. Nebraska fans are so obnoxious what with them buying a jacket or hat and then wearing it, sometimes for decades, without having to get a new one. Not only are they fashion illiterate...but they aren't helping the Chinese economy at all not buying new gear every other season...Not only is that totally unAmerican but their fixation on the color Red leads me to believe that they have Communist leanings....Plus they have an inflatable mascot and they haven't popped it...not once...just to see it die. Lazy fans.....

Yep...those Nebraska fans are the worst. Well, except for Hawkeye fans. Those people are just amblugatory douchebags... <_<

Colorado and Missouri fans are the worst fans in the Big 12. Colorado had the classic '05 incident when they got their butts handed to em 30-3.

I give Missouri the slight edge because even when they were dominating teams this year, their stadium STILL didn't fill to capacity. They are also very fickle fans who tend to bash NU because they hate us. Simple fact of the matter is, if you look at the all time leading record of NU-MU, NU is far and away gone with that record. I think it would take MU 25-30 years of straight beating us to even the score.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad. At least, for the most part, Colorado fans have better turn outs.

:laughpound:laughpound

The most annoying fans are the ones that have no idea what they are talking about.

Mu sold out plenty of games this year and avg about 95% full attendence. The one game were attendance wasnt great was Nevada, and still there were about 60K.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad.

Funny you should mention this. You should have been around Omaha the last few years. No more 'red fridays', no more husker flags on every house. Alot of folks jumped off that wagon. I had the best time in Lincoln at this years game. Myself and 9 other MU fans easily found tickets at face value and free parking passes for their private lots. We had almost our entire section to ourselves by halfway through the second quarter. It was FANTASTIC. BTW there were plent of 'No-shows' in our section. Too bad NU counts everyone in the staduim including consision stand workers, coaches, even the other teams players for their attendance.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you open your mouth and insert "annoying fan lives here" sign :rolleyes:

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

:clap:rollin:ahhhhhhhh:lol:

QUOTE(HuskerRed949597 @ Dec 11 2008, 08:48 PM)

Colorado and Missouri fans are the worst fans in the Big 12. Colorado had the classic '05 incident when they got their butts handed to em 30-3.

I give Missouri the slight edge because even when they were dominating teams this year, their stadium STILL didn't fill to capacity. They are also very fickle fans who tend to bash NU because they hate us. Simple fact of the matter is, if you look at the all time leading record of NU-MU, NU is far and away gone with that record. I think it would take MU 25-30 years of straight beating us to even the score.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad. At least, for the most part, Colorado fans have better turn outs.

The most annoying fans are the ones that have no idea what they are talking about.

Mu sold out plenty of games this year and avg about 95% full attendence. The one game were attendance wasnt great was Nevada, and still there were about 60K.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad.

Funny you should mention this. You should have been around Omaha the last few years. No more 'red fridays', no more husker flags on every house. Alot of folks jumped off that wagon. I had the best time in Lincoln at this years game. Myself and 9 other MU fans easily found tickets at face value and free parking passes for their private lots. We had almost our entire section to ourselves by halfway through the second quarter. It was FANTASTIC. BTW there were plent of 'No-shows' in our section. Too bad NU counts everyone in the staduim including consision stand workers, coaches, even the other teams players for their attendance.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you open your mouth and insert "annoying fan lives here" sign

You're right, Mizzou does have die-hard fans. The type of fans that have nothing better to do than talk smack on other team's message boards all day.

I will never listen to a Missouri fans opinion on anything until a few things happen.

A) They even the all-time score with Nebraska. Until then, MU fans will find anything and everything to make themselves feel better.

B)Win a couple of NC's.

Even during Nebraska's bad season last year, we sold out every home game. I guarantee you that 90% of college football stadiums wouldn't have had that happen to them last year if they were in our position. Especially if it was MU.

:koolaid2:

Remember it like it was yesterday..

That's some serious shi^t!

Coot #97 shoulda kept his helmet on, apparantly not enough sense to figure that one out. That 1902 story is pretty crazy.

In 49 years of being a Big Red devotee, I can't remember even ONE fight ever by our players with an opposing team. In '04 some of our big guys ruffed up some Sooner cheersquad guys b4 the game, but that's about it. Pelini got in the venerable Bill Snyder's face after a game once, back when BO was an assistant here('03), which was fairly comical if you know the two personality types(Snyder is sorta like Osborne personality-wise; BO is sorta like a mafia hitman).

Maybe not another team, but do you remember this?

Looked bad for us, but was probably one of our better hits of that game!

I will never listen to a Missouri fans opinion on anything until a few things happen.

A) They even the all-time score with Nebraska. Until then, MU fans will find anything and everything to make themselves feel better.

B)Win a couple of NC's.

Even during Nebraska's bad season last year, we sold out every home game. I guarantee you that 90% of college football stadiums wouldn't have had that happen to them last year if they were in our position. Especially if it was MU.

:koolaid2:

Add "conference championship" to that.

Nebraska fans are the worst...

There are too damn many of them and they always made too much damn noise. Always cheering and yelling...never could hear the QB call the signals what with all those damn fools screaming their fool heads off...

Worst thing about em though is they won't say home! They just always come over to Ames and take over here too! What kind of idiot fan base comes over to their opponent's stadium and fills it up so much that our fans have to pay "gasp" REGULAR ticket prices for an ISU game because all the stupid seats are sold out. Kansas State fans don't do that...Missouri fans don't do that...Hell, Colorado fans don't even do that! They make sure they leave plenty of empty seats available so that your average ISU "Go to the weekly beating? Sure, what else is there to do today anyway?" fan can just wander by on a whim, walk in and find a great seat without paying....

And they are soooo stuck on tradition...like that big stupid N on the side of their helmets and the "Go Big Red" stuff. Don't they know that's so 20th century? A real hip and cool fan base knows that its totally the fashion for a school to change uniform colors and logo at least once every two years so every fall they can make boat loads of money selling the "new" look to the eager fans out there just waiting to flood their athletic department with more money. Nebraska fans are so obnoxious what with them buying a jacket or hat and then wearing it, sometimes for decades, without having to get a new one. Not only are they fashion illiterate...but they aren't helping the Chinese economy at all not buying new gear every other season...Not only is that totally unAmerican but their fixation on the color Red leads me to believe that they have Communist leanings....Plus they have an inflatable mascot and they haven't popped it...not once...just to see it die. Lazy fans.....

Yep...those Nebraska fans are the worst. Well, except for Hawkeye fans. Those people are just amblugatory douchebags... <_<

Hey, you leave l'il Red outta this! chuckleshuffle

:laughpound:laughpound

Maybe you should know what your talking about before you open your mouth and insert "annoying fan lives here" sign :rolleyes:

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

:clap:rollin:ahhhhhhhh:lol:

yea but, yea but..... :corndance