Iowa St. vacancy

husker4

i cannot believe what i am hearing here. if any school needs to go from the big 12, i hope its baylor. put tcu in their place. granted, losing baylors academic notoriety would be a loss, but lets face it...this is obviously a football conference. isu has had considerable football success , and if you cant remember that then you need to head to a football 101 class. with the right coach, isu could dominate iowa for recruits, and challenge for the north.

Ummm.. no. No they couldn't. Not unless the University of Iowa suddenly loaded the whole school up on a rocket ship and moved to the Crab Nebula. ISU can get better, but it's going to be decades before they supplant Iowa.

i know personally id rather have them and their fan base be sucessful in the north other than mizzou. all it would take is the right coach. lets be honest here, who was the team that gave us a nightmare game or two when we were in our prime? it certainly wasnt mizzou, ksucks, or kansas.

Yes it was. Historically Missouri has been a bigger thorn in our sides. There was a time (before Devaney) when the big 8 belonged to Oklahoma and Missouri. Mizzou was VERY strong even into the 1970s. ISU was never strong like that.

im sorry, but saying iowa state is anything less than a div 1 program is completely ignorant. granted, they may never be a top tier school, but they have had enough success and been in enough games, with enough pro players, to be right along with the k states or anywhos of the world. any husker fan that thinks that we are royalty and isu needs to downgrade to a lower division compared to the current state of college fooball is severly mistaken.

Well, we ARE college football royalty. The 4rth winningest team of all time. But, given...I don't think ISU should downgrade. I'm just saying if they did I'd only see them going D1-aa , not D2. Although, if anything the *MIGHT* fit better in a basketball oriented conference..I've always seen ISU as a basketball school, but that's just me.

as far as success in the north, maybe its once every couple years, but does a school that has multiple grads playing qb in the nfl, really deserve to be a div II?

Try once every couple of decades. And they havent won a conference title since, what? 1912? When they were Missouri Valley Conference CO_champions with guess who? NEBRASKA! And Good in college is different than good in the Non-Football League. I think we've established that clearly in other threads. So that's not germain.

isu can do just as well as anyone else in this conference, and say a t gill ends up being their coach, watch the eff out.

I say again, not even Turner can save ISU right now. And I hope to God he doesn't take a job anywhere in the Big 12 except right here. If the Cyclones want to be consistantly good at football, I think they need to rebuild from the ground up. It's going to take more than just 'the right coach'. It's going to have to start in the athletic department.

There...after reading your stupid ol post I got so upset that I sent my own application in to fill the Head Coaching vacancy. Heck...I've spent as much time on the sidelines over the past 2-3 years as most of these "hotshot" young gun coaches. Hell...I've forgotten more about football than most of them have ever learned...not only that but I've actually been a HEAD COACH (of a youth football team) for a couple of years.

I'm expecting Pollard to call me about an interview any time. I'll post the video of the press conference when I accept the job. Then...I'll start preparing my game plan on how we kick your butt next year!