If anyone want to feel confident

You guys are always talking about how bad other fans are.

My guess is that I have been to more games than 90 percent of you combined. I very seldom ever miss a game if I can get to it. Not just Nebraska games, I just got out of the Holiday bowl, and had a great time with the Oregon and Okie state fans. Never saw anyone even getting close to having a fight.

I have never been threatened, other than a KState drunk ask me why I was at the Holiday Bowl when we did not play there. Kinda arrogant, but never a problem.

I have never been hit, head butted, assaulted, cornered or felt in danger in my life at a college football game. I have been to games at the big house, the shoe, the swamp, USC and USCLite. Bama, Texas, Texas Tech, Boulder, yes I said boulder, KState, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, Iowa and quite a few others. I am not a large person by any means, but I treat people like I want to be treated. I understand that things can change and act accordingly. But my guess is if you are getting in to fights and having all this trouble, you are doing some looking for it in the first place.

I will be at clancys at 114 and dodge, wearing clemson coat. I am confident in watching the husker fan meltdown. I remember against texas when james brown did his thing to the huskers. there were a grand toatal of 13 people left at scorecard halfway through 4th quarter(including staff). Quite a decline from over 500 at start of game.

I will be there, will you?

A. The title of the thread should read 'If anyone wants to feel confident'

B. Have some class.

A. I'm still not sure that's what the title should be. maybe "If anyone feels confident"

B. His challenge is apparently based on previous experience, still not the classiest thing ever, but I have no real problem with him issuing a challenge (though he could have worded it more nicely)

C. I have a feeling this ends up in the woodshed

d he ends with a shank in his spine.

My guess is that I have been to more games than 90 percent of you combined. I very seldom ever miss a game if I can get to it. Not just Nebraska games, I just got out of the Holiday bowl, and had a great time with the Oregon and Okie state fans. Never saw anyone even getting close to having a fight.

I have never been threatened, other than a KState drunk ask me why I was at the Holiday Bowl when we did not play there. Kinda arrogant, but never a problem.

I have never been hit, head butted, assaulted, cornered or felt in danger in my life at a college football game. I have been to games at the big house, the shoe, the swamp, USC and USCLite. Bama, Texas, Texas Tech, Boulder, yes I said boulder, KState, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, Iowa and quite a few others. I am not a large person by any means, but I treat people like I want to be treated. I understand that things can change and act accordingly. But my guess is if you are getting in to fights and having all this trouble, you are doing some looking for it in the first place.

you're gonna find most of the "bad" fans at bars and the like after games, not in the stadium at a game... but you make some good points.

can't believe you've been to the upside down cockroach that is Williams Bryce Stadium but you haven't come to the Valley! try to make a trip over to Clemson sometime if you can man, we'll treat you right

I will be at clancys at 114 and dodge, wearing clemson coat. I am confident in watching the husker fan meltdown. I remember against texas when james brown did his thing to the huskers. there were a grand toatal of 13 people left at scorecard halfway through 4th quarter(including staff). Quite a decline from over 500 at start of game.

A. The title of the thread should read 'If anyone wants to feel confident'

B. Have some class.

A. I'm still not sure that's what the title should be. maybe "If anyone feels confident"

B. His challenge is apparently based on previous experience, still not the classiest thing ever, but I have no real problem with him issuing a challenge (though he could have worded it more nicely)

C. I have a feeling this ends up in the woodshed

d he ends with a shank in his spine.

i refer the readers back to point "C"

CalvinHobbsCalmDown.jpg

Where are you running in to these rough fans?

I was there (as a Freshman) the first time Florida State beat us in Lincoln and almost the entire stadium gave them a standing O as they ran off the field..It pertineer made me tear up with pride in my fellow fan.

Even the year after we supposedly ran up the score on ASU in '95, My brother and I walked through frat row in Tempe without much more than a couple "Huskers suck" thrown our way from the balconies...But then..I was flexing most of the way to the stadium and probably scaring them a little.

You have not lived in nebraska since 93. If you even clapped for another team the put their fist in your face. My standard reply (which i used a few times) was if you hit me, I will not hit back. That way it is an assault, not a fight, and you (the deranged fan) will be arrested.

We had a nice thing going with all the Clemson fans here, and now you just took a little something away from it. Can you blame Nebraska for it's passion? We haveno pro football team, pro baseball team, pro basketball team, or anything else major (in terms of sports). The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is our football, our basketball, our baseball, etc. People just can't seem to understand that for one reason or another.

I will not be at Clancy's on 114 Dodge on Thursday, I will be at home enjoying the game with family and friends the way it should be done. I hope you feel real cool issuing an assertive attack on Husker fans to come out there and screw with you (and don't say that's not what you're saying, because you are specifically calling out Husker fans to come find you in a BAR of all places).

Grow up, have some class, and be like the rest of your Clemson brothers on this board and talk real football. Don't waste our time with petty challenges.

You have not lived in nebraska since 93. If you even clapped for another team the put their fist in your face. My standard reply (which i used a few times) was if you hit me, I will not hit back. That way it is an assault, not a fight, and you (the deranged fan) will be arrested.

We had a nice thing going with all the Clemson fans here, and now you just took a little something away from it. Can you blame Nebraska for it's passion? We haveno pro football team, pro baseball team, pro basketball team, or anything else major (in terms of sports). The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is our football, our basketball, our baseball, etc. People just can't seem to understand that for one reason or another.

I will not be at Clancy's on 114 Dodge on Thursday, I will be at home enjoying the game with family and friends the way it should be done. I hope you feel real cool issuing an assertive attack on Husker fans to come out there and screw with you (and don't say that's not what you're saying, because you are specifically calling out Husker fans to come find you in a BAR of all places).

Grow up, have some class, and be like the rest of your Clemson brothers on this board and talk real football. Don't waste our time with petty challenges.

As a Clemson fan I can tell you that all over the country Nebraska fans are considered as the greatest most respectful group that I personally have heard about, As much as I regret to say it Clemson does have a certain amount of gotta win with no appreciation of the game fans. For me the quality of the person is just as important as the quality of the player, winning is the objective but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Win or lose it will be a great game and I will enjoy it although if Nebraska wins I may be sick for about a week.

As a Clemson fan I can tell you that all over the country Nebraska fans are considered as the greatest most respectful group that I personally have heard about, As much as I regret to say it Clemson does have a certain amount of gotta win with no appreciation of the game fans. For me the quality of the person is just as important as the quality of the player, winning is the objective but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Win or lose it will be a great game and I will enjoy it although if Nebraska wins I may be sick for about a week.

you're gonna find most of the "bad" fans at bars and the like after games, not in the stadium at a game... but you make some good points.

can't believe you've been to the upside down cockroach that is Williams Bryce Stadium but you haven't come to the Valley! try to make a trip over to Clemson sometime if you can man, we'll treat you right

I cant speak for everyone else, but my issues have come at the bars. When I tailgate and dont go to the bars I have had no issues. Its the main reason I dont go to the bars on gameday very often anymore.

I understand why you would think that I have somehow brought that attention on myself. I can tell you that if you knew me you would laugh at that thought. I am really as big as I said. And I am a Teddy bear. I dont look for trouble. Like I stated earlier. I think it has more to do with someone who has had entirely too much to drink, ussually egged on by other drunk friends, finding the 'big' Mizzou fan and trying to get him upset/too fight/thrown out, whatever. Who knows.

The only time that anything has happened that wasnt at the bar was this year in Lincoln. I posted about the guy slapping my friend and I on the back repeatedly as hard as he could on the way into the staduim. It was bad enough that bystanders appoligized for his behavior. I still had a great time and would return every two years if possible.

As I stated before I dont lump all husker fans in to a group after things like this. I guess one other thing to consider is your age and where you are at and who you are around. My issues have been from the time I was about 21-26. The ages of the crowds and the amount of booze consumed by those groups probably has as much to do with it as anything.

Funny thing about your "Never saw anyone even getting close to having a fight" comment. I have been to roughly 25 MU/KU games in football and basketball since I was a young'n. Never seen a fight. I have been to every Chiefs/Raiders home game since '92', I have never seen a fight. It doesnt mean it doesnt happen. And it doesnt mean those it happens to "looked" for it.

P.S. I have never hit any of those guys back, but I have threatened to hit back. And unlike our friend who first posted, I didnt do it so i could press charges. It was because I wanted to enjoy my evening with friends and others and not fight.

P.S.S. I havent been in a fist fight since I was 14. (see I told you i was a teddy bear ;) )

I cant speak for everyone else, but my issues have come at the bars. When I tailgate and dont go to the bars I have had no issues. Its the main reason I dont go to the bars on gameday very often anymore.

I understand why you would think that I have somehow brought that attention on myself. I can tell you that if you knew me you would laugh at that thought. I am really as big as I said. And I am a Teddy bear. I dont look for trouble. Like I stated earlier. I think it has more to do with someone who has had entirely too much to drink, ussually egged on by other drunk friends, finding the 'big' Mizzou fan and trying to get him upset/too fight/thrown out, whatever. Who knows.

The only time that anything has happened that wasnt at the bar was this year in Lincoln. I posted about the guy slapping my friend and I on the back repeatedly as hard as he could on the way into the staduim. It was bad enough that bystanders appoligized for his behavior. I still had a great time and would return every two years if possible.

As I stated before I dont lump all husker fans in to a group after things like this. I guess one other thing to consider is your age and where you are at and who you are around. My issues have been from the time I was about 21-26. The ages of the crowds and the amount of booze consumed by those groups probably has as much to do with it as anything.

Funny thing about your "Never saw anyone even getting close to having a fight" comment. I have been to roughly 25 MU/KU games in football and basketball since I was a young'n. Never seen a fight. I have been to every Chiefs/Raiders home game since '92', I have never seen a fight. It doesnt mean it doesnt happen. And it doesnt mean those it happens to "looked" for it.

P.S. I have never hit any of those guys back, but I have threatened to hit back. And unlike our friend who first posted, I didnt do it so i could press charges. It was because I wanted to enjoy my evening with friends and others and not fight.

P.S.S. I havent been in a fist fight since I was 14. (see I told you i was a teddy bear ;) )

:yeah Stuff does happen, but Fro is right, it comes down to the group of people and how much booze is consumed and 99.9% of the time has nothing to do with what team you like or who won it is some "meathead" who is being a dink. Maturity level has a lot to do with it, the bad thing is it is not always the college kids that need to grow up <_<

I’ve watched games with OU, CU, Mizzou, ISU, UT, FSU, The “U”, and Iowa fans before and have never had any problems with them even during the games that we lost to these teams. The only people I have ever seen be butts towards each other were Husker fans to fellow Husker fans. But like is nationally known Husker fans are why cooler to the opposing team then they are to their own in a lot of instances. I love my Huskers I just don’t care for a lot of Husker fans. <_<

For what it’s worth I was at an ISU/OU game in the 90’s and saw a brawl break out in the stands between some ISU fans and OU fans. It was a very sad display by a bunch of adults. It was funny because it was during the John Blake years when both teams sucked and on this day ISU sucked a little bit more and some fans took offense to the OU fans smoking cigars and dancing around in the isle. It was pretty lame.